Items cut from sea day brunch

Drew B 58

11 hours ago, rtrtx2 said:

I have never understood this, why do platinum have to use drink coupon at brunch, but gold can use anywhere. To me, it seems like the gold has the better benefit......maybe I am missing something.

I may be wrong and/or this may have changed, but I thought the Gold drink coupon could only be redeemed the last night of the cruise.  This is when many people are packing, winding down, etc. and would not be likely to use it.  

15 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Sidework, get ready for the next meal, break, rest, other food service work.

Since they had to that anyway before the brunch ended at 1 instead of noon, I'm guessing that they are being sent to Lido since I have heard fewer stations and shortage of staff there, thus longer lines. It gets very busy on Lido at noon and the next few hours. I could be wrong, just my guess.

23 minutes ago, funinthesun1964 said:

Since they had to that anyway before the brunch ended at 1 instead of noon, I'm guessing that they are being sent to Lido since I have heard fewer stations and shortage of staff there, thus longer lines. It gets very busy on Lido at noon and the next few hours. I could be wrong, just my guess.

And gets even more busy now because Brunch is closed early.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, funinthesun1964 said:

I may be wrong and/or this may have changed, but I thought the Gold drink coupon could only be redeemed the last night of the cruise.  This is when many people are packing, winding down, etc. and would not be likely to use it.  

I'd agree it was definitely put into a position that was less likely to be used. Personally, I much prefer that option than a brunch drink. Brunch/breakfast is honestly the last time of the day that I want alcohol.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I'd agree it was definitely put into a position that was less likely to be used. Personally, I much prefer that option than a brunch drink. Brunch/breakfast is honestly the last time of the day that I want alcohol.

You can use it on any drink available in the dining room. One of the fresh pressed juices, soda, whatever you want that's under $10.

10 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Even worse the caramelized cheesecake and double chocolate brownie that got cut from one iteration of the original comedy brunch menu.

This is the first I’m hearing of a double chocolate brownie and I’m so sorry. I bet it was amazing. Desserts are the one thing nobody should ever mess with. 

19 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Have you ever seen lines at lido before?

Never....I have always been able to get my made to order omelette done immediately by the cook that has patiently been waiting for me.  And during lunch there was never a line back in the day at Mongolian Wok.

And the hat trick was concluded about 12:30 am when I was in the mood for pizza 🍕.  I just walked up and got served.

Or was I just dreaming about this no line scenario at three busy times of the day?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crismess669 said:

Desserts are the one thing nobody should ever mess with. 

It's a joke and a disgrace that Carnival only offers 1 choice at dinner at the MDR for dessert that rotates on a nighty basis.  RCI, NCL, & MSC all offer multiple choices that rotate daily.

As has been mentioned previously, death by a thousand cuts.

9 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Never....I have always been able to get my made to order omelette done immediately by the cook that has patiently been waiting for me.  And during lunch there was never a line back in the day at Mongolian Wok.

And the hat trick was concluded about 12:30 am when I was in the mood for pizza 🍕.  I just walked up and got served.

Or was I just dreaming about this no line scenario at three busy times of the day?

Since you didn't put a time for two of them I'd say you were dreaming..........and 12:30 a.m. is not the busy time for pizza. 

2 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

Since you didn't put a time for two of them I'd say you were dreaming..........and 12:30 a.m. is not the busy time for pizza. 

No need to put a time when omelettes are served or when Mongolian Wok used to be served, it's already implied.  And at 1230 am on the MG, the pizza line was about 30 deep.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

No need to put a time when omelettes are served or when Mongolian Wok used to be served, it's already implied.  And at 1230 am on the MG, the pizza line was about 30 deep.  

What time you go can change everything. 8 a.m. and I've never seen much of a line at the omelet station or buffet. 9 - 10 a.m. it gets crazy. Pizza always crazy after any of the late shows get out and when the night club closes. Perhaps a show had just gotten out on the MG? Never saw a line at Mongolian Wok, ever. Guys burgers is another story. 

19 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

It's a joke and a disgrace that Carnival only offers 1 choice at dinner at the MDR for dessert that rotates on a nighty basis.  RCI, NCL, & MSC all offer multiple choices that rotate daily.

Agreed! We skipped desserts a few nights which is very unusual for me. Dessert is my favorite meal. Also, apparently the cake buffet is only open at lunch. Why? I’m far more likely to crave cake late at night then at noon.

11 minutes ago, Crismess669 said:

Agreed! We skipped desserts a few nights which is very unusual for me. Dessert is my favorite meal. Also, apparently the cake buffet is only open at lunch. Why? I’m far more likely to crave cake late at night then at noon.

I think the cake issue is there isn't enough diners at the buffet for dinnertime to warrant the cake buffet, which I agree is ashame. On the Pride this summer the cake buffet was Excellent, with all the cake selections equally tasty. Actually all the desserts on the Pride were good, except as noted the issues with the Lava cake. The Tiramisu was consistently excellent and better than in many land-based restaurants!  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

I have never seen them offer only 1 choice for dessert in the MDR.  

38 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

On my July Glory cruise they offer at 4 dessert items.

4 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

On my July Glory cruise they offer at 4 dessert items.

I think what was meant is that out of the four nightly dessert options, only one is different every night. The other three are ice cream, cheese plate, Chocolate lava cake, and they stay the same every night. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I think what was meant is that out of the four nightly dessert options, only one is different every night. The other three are ice cream, cheese plate, Chocolate lava cake, and they stay the same every night. 

The is also a no sugar added dessert which can be surprisingly good 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The is also a no sugar added dessert which can be surprisingly good 

Way to go BlerkOne. Now they will just say that's another cut back trying to save money by not using sugar.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the 1 rotating dessert been that way for quite some time now? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Am I the only one who's never not seen a line at the Mongolian Wok? It's almost always a zoo.

Personally, I'd prefer a premade, almost like mall Chinese where you can just get it an go. 

I've seen maybe 8-10 in line but I don't really consider that a "long" line like people are talking about. 

18 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Am I the only one who's never not seen a line at the Mongolian Wok? It's almost always a zoo.

Personally, I'd prefer a premade, almost like mall Chinese where you can just get it an go. 

Always a line unless you get there right when it opens or go on port day when most pax are off the ship.

The Spirit class (or at least some ships) used to have a small buffet with rotating Chinese (maybe pan-Asian) food that was actually pretty good. But I believe it got replaced with a paid venue (likely Seafood Shack or sushi) when Carnival started pushing these harder.

• Like 2