My Voyage app questions

KnightrosDad

1 minute ago, KnightrosDad said:

Hello!

Sailing from Southampton to NYC on Queen Mary 2 in October.  My TA told me about "My Voyage" app.  Can I download that before I get onto the ship?  Please advise.  Thanks!

Dan in Annapolis

Going on in a few days.

I downloaded it but can't use till Onboard. 

• 1 month later...

I am on QM2 at the moment and am finding MyVoyage a bit troublesome.  I am not talking about the wider Internet as such, but the on board Wifi you need for MyVoyage.

I think some of the problems are ro do with signal strength, but I found the default browser on my phone (Samsung) did not work well at all.  Large sections of the daily program were blank - for example there might just be a white gap for everything after 11:00am until say 3:00 pm. Changing browser to Edge stopped that problem but I find I might have to wipe all the data and reset the application several times a day (3 times today)  The application simply hangs as 'busy loading'

My guess is the web app does not properly handle timeouts due to a low signal.  However, as I can clear it easily enough it is more a nuisance than anything else.

I am on another week so may try other browsers later!

Edited by WestonOne

3 hours ago, WestonOne said:

I am on QM2 at the moment and am finding MyVoyage a bit troublesome.  I am not talking about the wider Internet as such, but the on board Wifi you need for MyVoyage.

I think some of the problems are ro do with signal strength, but I found the default browser on my phone (Samsung) did not work well at all.  Large sections of the daily program were blank - for example there might just be a white gap for everything after 11:00am until say 3:00 pm. Changing browser to Edge stopped that problem but I find I might have to wipe all the data and reset the application several times a day (3 times today)  The application simply hangs as 'busy loading'

My guess is the web app does not properly handle timeouts due to a low signal.  However, as I can clear it easily enough it is more a nuisance than anything else.

We used Chrome on our recent trip. Also we found signal strength was the key to connection. We used our My Voyager very often at see to review the accounting.

And we also as others on board dealt with drops off and reset - sign back on.

15 hours ago, WestonOne said:

That’s my guess too - I’m on an iPhone using chrome sometimes safari and on my laptop mainly edge. Make sure that the link is just myvoyage.Cunard.com - nothing after the com - If it hangs on an internal page it can’t clear the cache properly - calling it an app is a stretch - it’s a poorly developed intranet page 

• Like 1

I attempted to use it on my QM2 cruise in September but it wasn't very reliable.  You need to make sure you are in reasonable proximity to one of the wifi routers around the ship.  I found in certain places on the ship, that whilst it said I was connected to the wifi I couldn't get into the app.  I had problems on the cabin balcony, for example.  Unfortunately, when I was able to use it, I didn't find it particularly intuative.  It does give the impression of something hastily put together in the age of Covid, but not properly thought out or planned.

I've not tried Princess Cruises, but am aware of the Princess MedallionClass and that has very poor reviews on Google Play and the Apple App store.  So it seems this is not something that Carnival Corp excels at.  I'm not sure of the wisdom of launching something that seems a half-hearted effort and one that customers struggle to use.  It will only discourage guests from using now and in the future.

1 hour ago, lissie said:

That’s my guess too - I’m on an iPhone using chrome sometimes safari and on my laptop mainly edge. Make sure that the link is just myvoyage.Cunard.com - nothing after the com - If it hangs on an internal page it can’t clear the cache properly - calling it an app is a stretch - it’s a poorly developed intranet page 

To be fair, Cunard don't call it an app, it's an "online digital planner".

CC5330-my-voyage-guide-online-v3.pdf

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richard_london said:

I attempted to use it on my QM2 cruise in September but it wasn't very reliable.  You need to make sure you are in reasonable proximity to one of the wifi routers around the ship.  I found in certain places on the ship, that whilst it said I was connected to the wifi I couldn't get into the app.  I had problems on the cabin balcony, for example.  Unfortunately, when I was able to use it, I didn't find it particularly intuative.  It does give the impression of something hastily put together in the age of Covid, but not properly thought out or planned.

I've not tried Princess Cruises, but am aware of the Princess MedallionClass and that has very poor reviews on Google Play and the Apple App store.  So it seems this is not something that Carnival Corp excels at.  I'm not sure of the wisdom of launching something that seems a half-hearted effort and one that customers struggle to use.  It will only discourage guests from using now and in the future.

You are not wrong there. 

There are lots of people on board very resentful that they have to fill in online forms for Singapore and Indonesia. Horrified that they may be expected to have a device each to display a successful code.  None of this is Cunard's fault - they dont' set those rules. I am gobsmacked that people think that nothing has changed - there is no way in hell you can realistically travel without a smart phone these days and know how to use it! 

Cunard on  the other hands have discontinued the hands-on IT sessions they used to do and have lumbered the poor librarians with fixing people's internet connection issues.  They could do a lot better in this area, educating and helping rather than just picking up the pieces. 

How answered a few questions online can be terrorising for people is beyond me- but it is. 

And for the record - Singapore allows you to make one submission for the whole group so only one phone is needed, and ndonesia allows you to print stuff out , I assume Cunard can do printing.