Transfers: Downtown Miami to FLL

JonoBhoy

Looking for some steer to find the best method for getting from downtown Miami (pre cruise hotel) to FLL? I see its about a 45min drive, so I suspect a cab could be expensive, wondering if there are any other options

We will also look to transfer from ship back to MIA post cruise, and from memory the transfer option though the ship is very expensive.

Thanks in advance

19 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Uber is your best bet.  Easy and shouldn’t be too crazy expensive. 

Lyft is usually cheaper in South Florida, but yes that's what we use all the time. For example, right now it would be $40 for a Lyft. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

FLL is the airport.  

And a very common abbreviation for Fort Lauderdale.  In any case, the difference between getting to FLL airport and Port Everglades cruise terminal is nominal since you can pretty much hit a fungo from one to the other.

Edited by DCPIV

On 9/20/2022 at 1:20 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

Uber is your best bet.  Easy and shouldn’t be too crazy expensive. 

On 9/20/2022 at 1:45 PM, kwokpot said:

Lyft is usually cheaper in South Florida, but yes that's what we use all the time. For example, right now it would be $40 for a Lyft. 

On 9/20/2022 at 2:10 PM, DCPIV said:

Uber/Lyft definitely is the way to go coming or going.  I keep both apps handy and compare prices, but it does seem that Lyft usually has the better price around that area.

Thanks all. Looks like Uber/Lyft is the way to go.

On 9/20/2022 at 2:40 PM, rucruisn2 said:

Miami to Ft. Lauderdale is not a 45 minute drive, much shorter, depending on traffic.  I would stay in Ft. Lauderdale near the port, some very nice hotels there. Then only 5 minutes to the port.

That was initial though however we are on 2nd Jan sailing on Edge and have decided to take in NYE in Miami before heading up to Fort Lauderdale

Edited by JonoBhoy

On 9/20/2022 at 9:40 AM, rucruisn2 said:

Miami to Ft. Lauderdale is not a 45 minute drive, much shorter, depending on traffic.  I would stay in Ft. Lauderdale near the port, some very nice hotels there. Then only 5 minutes to the port.

30 mins if no traffic. 45-60 with traffic and over 75mins in evening rush. 

Regardless rideshare is the way to go. Should be under $50.00 for a regular car.