What does Latitudes "Priority Check-in / Embarkation" mean?

Markanddonna

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2022 at 7:12 PM, BirdTravels said:

In NYC you have a Platinum check in line. 

You have a Platinum waiting area

And  you will be, technically, boarded immediately after the Haven

You get a free bag of laundry

You get the Around the World wine tasting

At this instant in time, they are still not allowing germy guests behind the scenes

You get a private latitudes party (drinks and cheese) 

You get two free specialty dinners at any restaurant (one with a bottle of wine) - no $$$ limit, but a limit of one app, one entree, and one dessert. 

image.png.b8c65f25c914dca0f680cca7120ffec0.png

Birdtravels does Sapphire still get priority boarding? I'm reading otherwise on some recent posts.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, 2boyzmom said:

Birdtravels does Sapphire still get priority boarding? I'm reading otherwise on some recent posts.

Platinum and above gets you priority embarkation 

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 1

Priority Embarkation:  dedicated checkin windows, usually with a much shorter wait.  You are in the same queue as everyone else through security, but you can usually check in much faster than lower latitudes levels once you can get to the latitudes priority queue.  In my last 4 cruises I had no wait at all to get checked in and get my key card..

Your boarding group assignment is port dependent: I’ve been in ports where we got early numbers and in ports where we didn’t.  I now show up late enough so we can just walk on board so I don’t stress about boarding groups.

Priority Disembarkation: only helps if you need luggage tags.  Get your priority luggage tags the day before disembarkation from Customer Service and you’ll be the first color of luggage tags to disembark.

Behind the scenes tour, wine tasting, etc.  You have to sign up the first day you board at the cruise next desk.  The tour is traditionally early on the first at sea day and will fill up.

8 hours ago, 2boyzmom said:

Yes. In NYC, specifically, the Priority waiting areas have been split, one for Diamond/Ambassador and one for Platinum/Sapphire. They board Haven, Special Assistance, Diamond/Ambassador, and then Platinum/Sapphire from the waiting areas. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 9:22 AM, spanishguy1970 said:

nope, remember, they have to clean the ship and staterooms, boarding usually starts at 11 am.

Actually it starts after every single one of the passengers from the prior cruise have left the ship. That does not include B2B passengers.  

On 9/21/2022 at 5:00 PM, joanna0627 said:

Just got off the Joy, 10 day Canada and New England.  I’m a Sapphire member.  There is no priority given at all to boarding.  Was hoping that we would see some other benefits while on board but Nope.  Same as disembarkation.  Nothing.  Very disappointed.  Other than 4 water bottles and 6 very small strawberries.  After 30+ cruises with NCL I think it’s time to go back to Celebrity.

I assume you sailed out of NYC?  It's the wild west at that terminal.  They do whatever they want.  I have never gotten priority there.  Even Haven has problems there, shunted to a little room.

27 minutes ago, LongIsland-Cruiser said:

I assume you sailed out of NYC?  It's the wild west at that terminal.  They do whatever they want.  I have never gotten priority there.  Even Haven has problems there, shunted to a little room.

I've cruised out of Manhattan Cruise Terminal three times in the Haven (disembarked four times). With the exception of the eight hour long wait in the terminal in April, 2022 (my wait, thankfully was three hours), I've not had an issue with MCT at all. Sure, the room is little and not nearly so comfortable as the Miami terminal, but who cares. I mean, I guess you do?

The port staff are kind, get you through quickly, and the concierge/butlers get you onboard quickly. I suppose if I have to sit on a plastic chair for a few minutes while I drink my coffee and have a slice of pound cake, I'll survive. 

What experience are you looking for in Manhattan? 

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

In NYC, specifically, the Priority waiting areas have been split, one for Diamond/Ambassador and one for Platinum/Sapphire. They board Haven, Special Assistance, Diamond/Ambassador, and then Platinum/Sapphire from the waiting areas. 

sailed last month from the manhattan cruise terminal.

this was not the way it played out.

it's true that there are now separate groups, but sapphires are not lumped in with platinums. sapphires and diamonds are together and i'm not sure if ambassadors are in there, too. as i reported in another thread at the time... there was nearly a riot in the terminal when the NCL contract employee told the waiting sapphires and diamonds to be patient, that they would board "next," right after the platinums. one of his colleagues schooled him and let him know it was the other way around.

so, i know platinums are in their own waiting area, at the time it was to the right of the boarding door, whereas the sapphires and diamonds were to the left of the boarding door.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 10:05 AM, cruiseny4life said:

I've cruised out of Manhattan Cruise Terminal three times in the Haven (disembarked four times). With the exception of the eight hour long wait in the terminal in April, 2022 (my wait, thankfully was three hours), I've not had an issue with MCT at all. Sure, the room is little and not nearly so comfortable as the Miami terminal, but who cares. I mean, I guess you do?

The port staff are kind, get you through quickly, and the concierge/butlers get you onboard quickly. I suppose if I have to sit on a plastic chair for a few minutes while I drink my coffee and have a slice of pound cake, I'll survive. 

What experience are you looking for in Manhattan? 

I've cruised many times from NY and it's paradise compared to some other experiences I have had. The last few times we were Haven so needless to say I'm not looking for VIP this trip but just need early boarding to get some dinner reservations. I'm a planner and booked late 😞

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 12:28 PM, graphicguy said:

NCL has been pretty strict with boarding times.

It goes…

1.  People with physical disabilities (crutches, wheelchairs, etc)

2.  Haven

3.  Platinum Latitudes and above

4.  EVerybody else

Haven guests can usually board whenever they want, as long as the ship has been cleared for new passengers.  But, I saw some people in July who were there early and told to wait until their assigned boarding time. 

In my experience with only 3 NCL cruises it has been:

1. People with physical disabilities (crutches, wheelchairs, etc)

2. Everybody else

🙂

• Like 1

My wife and I will be boarding the NCL Sun in Seattle in August . 
We have no status as this is our first cruise on Norwegian. 
Can anyone offer advice as to what time we may likely be invited onboard please.

Regards to all.

23 minutes ago, Manchester is blue said:

My wife and I will be boarding the NCL Sun in Seattle in August . 
We have no status as this is our first cruise on Norwegian. 
Can anyone offer advice as to what time we may likely be invited onboard please.

Regards to all.

Unfortunately, you're likely the last group to board.  Alaska cruise?  SEA has been kind of an anomaly for me.  Sometimes, no lines....walk right on.  Others, big lines.  I'd say maybe noon, or 12:30 boarding time?

• Like 1

Hi Graphicguy.

yes, it’s an Alaskan itinerary.

thank you for your response, certainly it would be nice to experience no queues and be able board quickly as we are both excited to discover what the ship has to offer.

All the best mate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manchester is blue said:

Hi Graphicguy.

yes, it’s an Alaskan itinerary.

thank you for your response, certainly it would be nice to experience no queues and be able board quickly as we are both excited to discover what the ship has to offer.

All the best mate.

Alaska is a great itinerary.  You are going to be amazed.  Enjoy!

• Like 1