Prima TA 9/23/22 to 10/5/22 Semi-Live, Not

JIMESOPUS

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

JIMESOPUS was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

I was expecting someone else that has more experience to start a “Semi Live” but time is running out

Sorry, No Haven - did you see those prices?

Sorry, No Vibe - Baby it’s cold outside

Sorry, No Spa - All the Vibe people are in the Spa and some of stuff isn’t working 

This has been for us a long time coming, booked way back 5/11/2021, two months after our first Covid shot and still didn’t know when this nightmare will end.

A little about us, sailed only on NCL ( some may call us loyalist but for us it’s all about convenience ) and just recently reached Sapphire status.

I don’t expect that ship internet will allow a more “ Alive “ report but here we go

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Well today started really strange, ArriveCan didn’t have the Prima listed so I selected the Pearl as did others on this cruise. Now my wife just sent me this link from a Buffalo News Station that ArriveCan may end 9/30/22.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local/canadian-covid-policies-expected-to-change-health-travel-coronavirus/71-b18f270f-83b3-4198-8028-0bc091595d46

Our normal car service is longer making runs to the city. Trying out someone new, still waiting on a invoice or a anything to confirm it’s all set for tomorrow, may need to go to plan B. 

Now Twelvetransfers sent a message about our driver in Gatwick, guess I need to find out what’s going on.

• Like 2

Well if things can’t be any stranger we are now unable to print our boarding passes, checked in OK but no passes, calling the help number didn’t resolve anything, lets see what happens at JFK.  

When we booked this cruise and not knowing what the future would be, we used the NCL airfare offer. The flight is booked thru British Air but it’s actually a Aer Lingus flight. Non direct flight with a stop in Dublin. Actually happy with the layover, allows us to freshen up and get something to eat before heading over to Gatwick.

Emeds covid testing for us in the morning ( ArriveCan requirement ), final packing and hopefully the car will arrive on time, still have that plan B just in case 

Time for that double white chocolate Martini

• Like 3

If at all possible, could you please post bar menus with the new sustainable and other drinks from the Metropolitan and Belvidere Bars would be greatly appreciated.  Have seen all of the various food menus but zero bar menus so far.   Link to food menus.

https://eatsleepcruise.com/norwegian-prima-restaurants-guide-with-menus/

• Like 1

@CruizinSusan70That's the plan, plenty of pictures of the ship, bars, restaurants and other points of interest. Really happy that NCL has decided to go somewhat smaller, but I think the Prima was built for warmer weather and there may be issues with everyone stuck inside during bad / cold weather. 

• Like 1

Early Morning Emeds testing, both of us are negative, finally something gone right. We haven’t been able to book anything, restaurants or shore excursions, along with issues with the boarding passes and this new car service I was expecting the internet to drop out.

Final packing completed.

Flight still on time but will the driver be on time?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Well if things can’t be any stranger we are now unable to print our boarding passes, checked in OK but no passes, calling the help number didn’t resolve anything, lets see what happens at JFK.  

When we booked this cruise and not knowing what the future would be, we used the NCL airfare offer. The flight is booked thru British Air but it’s actually a Aer Lingus flight. Non direct flight with a stop in Dublin. Actually happy with the layover, allows us to freshen up and get something to eat before heading over to Gatwick.

Emeds covid testing for us in the morning ( ArriveCan requirement ), final packing and hopefully the car will arrive on time, still have that plan B just in case 

Time for that double white chocolate Martini

Looking forward to your review. We are booked for August of next year.

We also took their airfare with the 1/2 price, but asked for Newark, as we find it much more convenient (from where we are in a similar region of NY State.) Our TA said no guarantee, but their flights to London are almost always Heathrow and no layover. It seems your experience is different.

DW hopes for British Airways as her late father was an executive with that airline.

No Need for plan B, owner of this car service used to work for the previous company, drive down to JFK  was OK until we reached NYC, UN week, what a mess the last 10 miles. Aer Lingus was able to fix our bug, sitting in JFK, plane is already here.

• Like 4

Finally here in Southampton, there must be a black cloud over my head.

Crew was late to the plane in NYC, got caught up in the UN mess.

My seat on the plane was missing the cushion, when they found it, it was wet / stained, replaced the cushion cover but sat on several papers just in case.

Driver that picked us up at Gatwick had a Tesla, when we got to the car it was updating, had to wait for about 1hr. Then the driver GPS was messed up and he got lost, I had to tell him where to go.

Heading out for a walk and several drinks, meeting up with some CC at the Dukes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Finally here in Southampton, there must be a black cloud over my head.

Crew was late to the plane in NYC, got caught up in the UN mess.

My seat on the plane was missing the cushion, when they found it, it was wet / stained, replaced the cushion cover but sat on several papers just in case.

Driver that picked us up at Gatwick had a Tesla, when we got to the car it was updating, had to wait for about 1hr. Then the driver GPS was messed up and he got lost, I had to tell him where to go.

Heading out for a walk and several drinks, meeting up with some CC at the Dukes.

Think of it this way, the cruise has to get better; everything that could go wrong already has.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 11:01 AM, JIMESOPUS said:

I was expecting someone else that has more experience to start a “Semi Live” but time is running out

Sorry, No Haven - did you see those prices?

Sorry, No Vibe - Baby it’s cold outside

Sorry, No Spa - All the Vibe people are in the Spa and some of stuff isn’t working 

This has been for us a long time coming, booked way back 5/11/2021, two months after our first Covid shot and still didn’t know when this nightmare will end.

A little about us, sailed only on NCL ( some may call us loyalist but for us it’s all about convenience ) and just recently reached Sapphire status.

I don’t expect that ship internet will allow a more “ Alive “ report but here we go

Will follow closely Jim! Thanks for being a trailblazer! (Apologies to Chevrolet 😀 )

• Like 1