Prima TA 9/23/22 to 10/5/22 Semi-Live, Not

JIMESOPUS

Staying at the Holiday Inn, right across the port terminal, should see the Prima tomorrow morning.

The Boat show is in town, some of the resturants and pubs are closed to private events.

Southampton. The dog is a regular at the pub

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2808.JPG

IMG_2807.JPG

IMG_2806.JPG

IMG_2805.JPG

IMG_2804.JPG

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG

• Like 5

21 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Staying at the Holiday Inn, right across the port terminal, should see the Prima tomorrow morning.

The Boat show is in town, some of the resturants and pubs are closed to private events.

Southampton. The dog is a regular at the pub

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2808.JPG

IMG_2807.JPG

IMG_2806.JPG

IMG_2805.JPG

IMG_2804.JPG

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG

An English pub, hope you try the fish and chips.

Seriously. also looking forward to you trip report. We booked in 2021 for an August cruise in 2023 (starts also in Southampton and ends in Reykjavik). At the time it seemed so far away, but it keeps getting closer.

Jim....one thing I will be very interested in hearing about is how breakfast goes. I realize there are multiple venues you can use for breakfast but in all my past cruises it seems as if the buffet is generally the "go to" place. I hear the buffet on Prima is quite small so that may not be the case on Prima.

1 hour ago, Red-Sol said:

Jim....one thing I will be very interested in hearing about is how breakfast goes. I realize there are multiple venues you can use for breakfast but in all my past cruises it seems as if the buffet is generally the "go to" place. I hear the buffet on Prima is quite small so that may not be the case on Prima.

The Indulge Food Hall is a grab n go option for breakfast consisting of both hot and cold options.  The best hot option is probably a ham/egg/cheese on a croissant.  Cold options include the standard fruit, cereal, muffins, danish etc.

The other options of course are the buffet or sit down at Hudson's.

• Thanks 2

On 9/20/2022 at 11:01 AM, JIMESOPUS said:

I was expecting someone else that has more experience to start a “Semi Live” but time is running out

Sorry, No Haven - did you see those prices?

Sorry, No Vibe - Baby it’s cold outside

Sorry, No Spa - All the Vibe people are in the Spa and some of stuff isn’t working 

This has been for us a long time coming, booked way back 5/11/2021, two months after our first Covid shot and still didn’t know when this nightmare will end.

A little about us, sailed only on NCL ( some may call us loyalist but for us it’s all about convenience ) and just recently reached Sapphire status.

I don’t expect that ship internet will allow a more “ Alive “ report but here we go

I am glad you are not in the Haven. Looking forward to a Semi-Live I can relate to! Hope you have a great trip, and can post some photos of whatever room you do have. I am so excited about our trip coming up next month and love seeing a preview of what is to come. Thank you for posting.

Bon Voyage!!🛳️

Edited by Cruising Lynne
error
  • Like 3

Short walk to the ship from the Hotel to the new Horizon Terminal, on the ship by 1230 and having lunch at the local. Was a busy day trying to book everything, wasn't able at home for some unknown reason. Cabin ready by 2PM, BA on deck 14

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2815.JPG

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Super surprised on the upload speed, but we are still close to the UK. Kirkwall has been cancelled due to storms north, means almost two full days in Iceland. Feel sorry about the cabin down the hall that has the slide outside, we could hear people screaming.

Goodbye Southampton,

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

• Like 10

Day 2 !!! Meet and Greet at 1100, south of the UK, crossing the Irish Sea. Dinner at Cagney's last night, for us and the camera it was a little dark, was able to sit near a window which helped us, seems strange it's located on deck #6. Basic menu no surprise here. Starting to get a feel for the ship, still somewhat confusing at times on the layout. If you like a balcony and don't mind being watched then deck #9 and #10 are for you. Couple of photo's of the balcony's that have the slide going thru. Crazy light show inside the lift.

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

IMG_2852.JPG

IMG_2845.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG

• Like 6

I'm really enjoying your report. Thank you for taking the time from your vacation to post.

How is the storage space? On videos I've watched, it seems really lacking. There will be 3 of us in a family balcony (only difference from a BA is a sleeper sofa) and I think we'll have to live out of our suitcases 😞

On 9/21/2022 at 1:05 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

If at all possible, could you please post bar menus with the new sustainable and other drinks from the Metropolitan and Belvidere Bars would be greatly appreciated.  Have seen all of the various food menus but zero bar menus so far.   Link to food menus.

https://eatsleepcruise.com/norwegian-prima-restaurants-guide-with-menus/

https://eatsleepcruise.com/norwegian-prima-bar-guide-with-menus/

Breakfast at the local, probably the quickest meal. They even had Hash Browns !! Well attended M&G by everyone, Captain and senior management attended. Deal or No Deal at the improv, overcrowded, needs to be in bigger location.

IMG_2854.JPG

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

IMG_2862.JPG

IMG_2861.JPG

IMG_2860.JPG

IMG_2859.JPG

• Like 4

Bingo in Theater, seats pulled back 1/2 way. Went to a show tonight and the seats where in the same position, somewhat crowed. Internet speeds still good but we are just starting to turn north, passed Cork Ireland about 3 hrs ago.

Have a good night

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2869.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2866.JPG

• Like 2

Did they mention Halifax?   News last night had it being closed down due to being in path of Hurricane…very rare for costal Canada.  Hope not for all of you.  Is the Irish Sea relatively smooth near Cork?

Mike

Edited by bobby3334

I just checked Halifax.   It looked like it was just brushed by hurricane.    Iceland is windy, rainy, and cool for next week.   Storms in the vicinity.  I have been there a couple of times but a little earlier in August or September.   Hope it clears for all of you.   High about 50 and lows around lower 40s.    Mike

Edited by bobby3334
Clarity

On 9/21/2022 at 7:05 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

If at all possible, could you please post bar menus with the new sustainable and other drinks from the Metropolitan and Belvidere Bars would be greatly appreciated.  Have seen all of the various food menus but zero bar menus so far.   Link to food menus.

https://eatsleepcruise.com/norwegian-prima-restaurants-guide-with-menus/

You will find all bar menus I got hands on here

Norwegian Prima - Bars und Lounges - Carmens CruiseDiary

steamboats

Edited by steamboats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1