Do Regent Air tickets get access to Airline lounges?

IotaEtaPi

Do the Business class tickets through Regent get you access to the airline's Club/Lounge?  Regent is wanting us to book on Delta with a long layover. We have an AA Admirals Club membership  but not a Delta Club membership. The clubs are in different terminals.

Thanks.

Some airlines have funky rules relating the lounge access, but the class of ticket you have should provide the same benefit whether purchased from the airline or through Regent.  Delta has a number of different upper classes, so you might want to check directly with the airline for what your class of ticket offers.

A case in point...  We flew business class on United from HNL to IAD last winter.  That business class ticket did not get us into the United lounge.  Fortunately my DW had two lounge passes.  On Sunday we're flying to Rome in United's Polaris business class and it comes with Polaris lounge access.  Doesn't make sense, but those are the rules.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -Lew- said:

A case in point...  We flew business class on United from HNL to IAD last winter.  That business class ticket did not get us into the United lounge.  Fort

We had a similar experience on American.  It is because they consider flights to/from Hawaii to be domestic flights, therefore, your ticket does not qualify for lounge access.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Some airlines have funky rules relating the lounge access, but the class of ticket you have should provide the same benefit whether purchased from the airline or through Regent.  Delta has a number of different upper classes, so you might want to check directly with the airline for what your class of ticket offers.

A case in point...  We flew business class on United from HNL to IAD last winter.  That business class ticket did not get us into the United lounge.  Fortunately my DW had two lounge passes.  On Sunday we're flying to Rome in United's Polaris business class and it comes with Polaris lounge access.  Doesn't make sense, but those are the rules.

Lew: HNL-IAD is not a business class route on United (though you might get a plane with Polaris seats which is United's term for international business class).  It's just domestic first class, hence, no lounge. 

United business class is just on international routes.  As you note, that does get you access to United Clubs or (way better) the Polaris Lounges at hubs (IAD, ORD, EWR, SFO).  No inconsistency with this policy since HNL-IAD is obviously domestic.

Edited by Portolan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Portolan said:

Lew: HNL-IAD is not a business class route on United (though you might get a plane with Polaris seats which is United's term for international business class).  It's just domestic first class, hence, no lounge. 

You're correct...thank you for the explanation.  I checked my paperwork after I read your post.  I was under the mistaken impression first class and business class were equal...just different terminology for domestic and internaitonal.

Anyway, United will have an opportunity to redeem itself this Sunday as we have a four-hour layover at EWR on our way to FCO.  We're looking forward to making ourselves at home in the Polaris lounge.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, -Lew- said:

You're correct...thank you for the explanation.  I checked my paperwork after I read your post.  I was under the mistaken impression first class and business class were equal...just different terminology for domestic and internaitonal.

Anyway, United will have an opportunity to redeem itself this Sunday as we have a four-hour layover at EWR on our way to FCO.  We're looking forward to making ourselves at home in the Polaris lounge.

Just used the Polaris Lounge at EWR a few weeks ago.  it was fabulous!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Lew: you may know this, but the restaurant is sometimes overlooked in the Polaris Lounges since it's often tucked away to the side.  While there is a very nice buffet spread in the main part of the lounge, you can order cooked-to-order food in the restaurant from a small, but interesting menu.  Think small plates.  Of course, several small plates = a meal.  We had a 10 PM departure (by choice) on our flight last month to London and had dinner in the Polaris Lounge because having a full meal on-board at ~11PM wasn't appealing.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

Just used the Polaris Lounge at EWR a few weeks ago.  it was fabulous!  Enjoy!

We've experience the Polaris Lounge at EWR and are looking forward to it again.  It'll be the high point of our travel day I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Portolan said:

Lew: you may know this, but the restaurant is sometimes overlooked in the Polaris Lounges since it's often tucked away to the side.  While there is a very nice buffet spread in the main part of the lounge, you can order cooked-to-order food in the restaurant from a small, but interesting menu.  Think small plates.  Of course, several small plates = a meal.  We had a 10 PM departure (by choice) on our flight last month to London and had dinner in the Polaris Lounge because having a full meal on-board at ~11PM wasn't appealing.

Our thinking exactly.  Our flight to FCO departs at 8:40pm and with meal service likely beginning an hour later I'm thinking of foregoing onboard dinner in favor of getting to sleep on the early side.

We found the buffet to our liking, but will likely check out the restaurant menu.  Enjoyed the top shelf beverages...will do so again.

• Like 2