Celebrity Silhouette - Fetch your own drinks from the bar...

prothed

3 hours ago, C4HCG said:

We’ve sailed on Equinox twice this year and not had a problem with getting drinks, so don’t worry too much.  I was queue jumped a couple of times and that did wind me up to an extent.

Thanks for your input, I am trying not to worry too much. I sailed in May on a half full Reflection and service was reasonable, but still a bit hit and miss. Hoping to be able to get drinks without too much effort on Silhouette in a couple of weeks 🍹🍸🥂🍷 

• Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 4:03 PM, wineoclock said:

I don’t think so.

Years ago I was on an escalator & a young child asked her mum why people were on escalator rather than the stairs like they were. The mum said because we were lazy. Mainly people who were elderly & me, with my walking stick.

My point is you never know why people can’t do something & shouldn’t judge. 

Also I’ve paid for a product or service I expect their side of the bargain to be fulfilled. I won’t mind once or twice but regularly then I’ll be looking elsewhere.

I consider Celebrity to be like a 5* hotel. I don’t expect to queue for service in 5* hotels. Maybe I’m wrong & its 4* in which case they need to lower their prices. I’d not be surprised to queue for a drink in a 4* hotel. 

Yet here you are judging my comment. So you’re contradicting yourself. Everybody has their own opinions, and opinions run rampant on this website. I’m not saying that anybody’s wrong or right, but in my experience, I see a lot of people complain, and the complaints are just based out of pure laziness.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Celebrity put seats at the bar for a reason! They're there to be sat on. I always wait at a part of the bar that is more open and the bar staff will get to you when they can - making eye contact helps. The only time I have to excuse myself is actually picking drinks up from the bar. I think it's all how you go about it - never had to shout over anyone's shoulder.

Hi

With 60 years of practice ordering drinks at a bar I think I know how to go about it🤔

Btw it’s even worse when the man seats his lady on the chair and he stands behind.

Its now a couple of layers to get through,,if it’s a group of friends it’s worse,especially if they insist on having a conversation with the bar person about their families.

The Passport Bar before dinner I find the worst example.

Its made worse as the seats in Passport and Ensemble are touching each other,,,no gaps to squeeze into.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

9 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Those who sit at the bar (bar flies ) are similar to sun lounge hoggers.

Get your drink and move letting those that want a drink to get in.

Why when you say ‘excuse me’ do the bar flies move their shoulders together with the look that says you are intruding on my enjoyment.

Or they force you to shout your order over their shoulders,then complain you don’t need to be that loud.
Well!! I wouldn’t if you move.

As a couple who enjoy sitting at the bar, I find your comparison to sun lounge hoggers ridiculous. We don't leave our possessions and then walk away expecting to find the seats unoccupied when we return. 

We are more than happy to make space for others who wish to order a drink. Making generalizations about us "bar flies" is a bit of hyperbole and does not make your point valid.

Patience and courtesy by all will make the situation workable.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ozzmund said:

As a couple who enjoy sitting at the bar, I find your comparison to sun lounge hoggers ridiculous. We don't leave our possessions and then walk away expecting to find the seats unoccupied when we return. 

We are more than happy to make space for others who wish to order a drink. Making generalizations about us "bar flies" is a bit of hyperbole and does not make your point valid.

Patience and courtesy by all will make the situation workable.

Thank you for your reply,I will bear your comments in mind and consider posters feelings next time.

I was just posting from personal experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Thank you for your reply,I will bear your comments in mind and consider posters feelings next time.

I was just posting from personal experience.

Fair enough.

You are welcome to squeeze in between my wife and I anytime.🍺

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bdstickks0944 said:

Yet here you are judging my comment. So you’re contradicting yourself. Everybody has their own opinions, and opinions run rampant on this website. I’m not saying that anybody’s wrong or right, but in my experience, I see a lot of people complain, and the complaints are just based out of pure laziness.

Well, isn't taking a cruise laziness? You should buy your own boat, get provisions, figure out a course, and navigate to the islands yourself. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ozzmund said:

We might not take your seat, but don't expect that beer you forgot you ordered before you left to be there when you get back!  (burp) 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Well, isn't taking a cruise laziness? You should buy your own boat, get provisions, figure out a course, and navigate to the islands yourself. 

Yea to a certain extent, but I’m not going to complain about having to actually fetch a drink.  Heaven forbid I actually have to get off my ass and move.  Lol

• Haha 2

Nov 12 Apex will be my first ocean cruise since the pandemic and we have a couple more booked on different lines in the coming months. Looking at the boards for the various lines, everybody is getting complaints about downgrades of service, etc. Every cruise line was 5 Star before pandemic and now all are failing if you read the posters!

My only reference is Disney. I will be quite annoyed if it’s hard to get a beverage (never was on Disney), but I have to think it’s in Celebrity’s interest to help the guest get rid of their money. Not everyone is AI, so unless the drink servers are somehow only gong to the “by the glass” people I’m chalking it up to training and staffing post-pandemic more than cost-cutting.

I’m very prepared to have a “less” experience than before because I’m having a “less” experience in nearly every entertainment / service-industry area of my life. I will not be happy if that continues, though, and becomes a sign of cost-cutting.

Disney went that route. That’s why we’re cruising everybody else and having wonderful non-parks vacations. I’m quite happy to reward those who show they value the customer and ignore those who clearly could care less.

Edited by carolina_yankee

6 hours ago, carolina_yankee said:

Nov 12 Apex will be my first ocean cruise since the pandemic and we have a couple more booked on different lines in the coming months. Looking at the boards for the various lines, everybody is getting complaints about downgrades of service, etc. Every cruise line was 5 Star before pandemic and now all are failing if you read the posters!

My only reference is Disney. I will be quite annoyed if it’s hard to get a beverage (never was on Disney), but I have to think it’s in Celebrity’s interest to help the guest get rid of their money. Not everyone is AI, so unless the drink servers are somehow only gong to the “by the glass” people I’m chalking it up to training and staffing post-pandemic more than cost-cutting.

I’m very prepared to have a “less” experience than before because I’m having a “less” experience in nearly every entertainment / service-industry area of my life. I will not be happy if that continues, though, and becomes a sign of cost-cutting.

Disney went that route. That’s why we’re cruising everybody else and having wonderful non-parks vacations. I’m quite happy to reward those who show they value the customer and ignore those who clearly could care less.

Most of the people that complain just do it to complain.  95% of it is bs.  Just enjoy your cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

lgw - bragging rights??? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

I’m into virgins now, Bo…virgin martinis, daiquiris, margaritas, gotta have the premium package for top shelf juices and syrups.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

I’m into virgins now, Bo…virgin martinis, daiquiris, margaritas, gotta have the premium package for top shelf juices and syrups.  

Cocktails.... ahhhh, Yes... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I’ve recently tried the non-alcoholic beer and wine, let me just say nicely NFW!  

I've been trying those NA beers for a long time. And getting nowhere...I guess my body/brain just refuses to let go...but I'm still trying!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dlh015 said:

I've been trying those NA beers for a long time. And getting nowhere...I guess my body/brain just refuses to let go...but I'm still trying!! 

I thought the NA beers and wine lacked full flavor.  What about NA martinis, etc?

• Like 2

Just now, SusieAV8R said:

I thought the NA beers and wine lacked full flavor.  What about NA martinis, etc?

Yes, you are correct as far as my taste buds go. Thanks...I had totally forgotten that...but still, my body still has that desire for the real thing.

I have never been a martini person so I wouldn't know about them. I *have* been a vodka person and have successfully managed to banish that demon!! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Yes, you are correct as far as my taste buds go. Thanks...I had totally forgotten that...but still, my body still has that desire for the real thing.

I have never been a martini person so I wouldn't know about them. I *have* been a vodka person and have successfully managed to banish that demon!! 

6 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Thanks for reminding me to have a sense of humor........I am supposed to be on vacation when I cruise, right?  🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SusieAV8R said:

For me, the NA martinis, margs, daiquris etc are good as the other ingrdients have flavor, the beers and wines, again IMO, really just defeat the purpose.

• Like 2

I am another that doesn’t drink any more, any more than I use to and that Is still too much according to my wife.  🤷‍♂️🙄

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅  and drink up 🍻🥂🍷🍸🍹🥃🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They do not have to call me.  I am all in.  Very pleased to be able to cruise again.  I choose to not worry about “how things used to be”.  
i have enjoyed one TA cruise and a river cruise.  I also have four other cruises booked.  Life is to short to waste my time waiting.

• Like 1

There are other vacations where you do not have to worry about testing and what the covid requirements are.  Also no loss in service quality for these other vacation types.  

Too many negative reviews lately for cruising when most reviews are normally positive.  Many of the land vacations and resorts are back to normal.

Picking a cruise vacation used to be an easy choice...

Next year plans are for a European land vacation, and then if cruising comes together by Christmas 2023, a cruise.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Thanks 1