Prima TA too!

dexddd

@dexdddIt's lunch time here in NY,  DW is running around here in downtown Little Italy picking up food to head home next. These food pix making me hungry 😁 they look excellent and how's the taste, not too high in sodium 🤔 Presentation gets an A+ for sure. 

You must be using fast cellular or WiFi to upload instead of counting on ship's satellite WiFi ... keep those reports coming.  Loungers look nice &  very comfortable - enjoy life at sea 😎

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

18A41687-95FC-4098-A081-B4AC72AFB697.jpeg

Is that the The Local? It looks sooo swell for The Local!

Excellent assortment of pictures - really enjoyed seeing them. Thank you!

Viva TA in Nov 2023, here we come!!  11 long days for us to enjoy every aspect on Viva!!

P.S. a favour to ask you .... when you see Clarense (aka Chocolate Cowboy) working in the Metropolitan, please ask him if he is going to be on the Viva when she debuts next year. He normally moves to new ships when they debut (plus Joy earlier this year). If he is going to be on Viva next year we're thrilled! Send him our best regards! Ann & Peter from Bermuda and our son and his gf also from Bermuda were on the Joy in March. We have seen him 3 times before Joy!! He follows us around, lol.

Keep the photos coming!!

Edited by bluesea777

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

AADC9278-854A-4FB6-B199-D879C78820CD.thumb.jpeg.9cad3fc846a91a999f87f690c680969e.jpeg

0033818D-CB62-4D70-86EF-A074A0B74BC4.jpeg

Looks like you're in one of the corner rooms next to the slides on deck 12. Can you try to take more photos of the view from the balcony looking the other way? There's been several heated debates over how much of an obstruction is present from the slides, and I don't recall you suggesting they were obtrusive or blocking your view too much. Looks like you can pass snacks over to your neighbors though - are they really as close to you as it looks? 

Where did you get the donuts from? Hubby is drooling and wants to make sure he knows where to find them when we're on board.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NYFirstTimeCruiser said:

What cabin is that with the chute/slide blocking their view? Is that on port or starboard side? Is it on the aft?  Hoping that's not happening on Haven rooms.

I can just imagine the howls of protest if passengers pay the high Haven rate for a balcony and get that obstructed view from the slide! 🤦‍♂️

23 hours ago, mking8288 said:

@dexdddIt's lunch time here in NY,  DW is running around here in downtown Little Italy picking up food to head home next. These food pix making me hungry 😁 they look excellent and how's the taste, not too high in sodium 🤔 Presentation gets an A+ for sure. 

You must be using fast cellular or WiFi to upload instead of counting on ship's satellite WiFi ... keep those reports coming.  Loungers look nice &  very comfortable - enjoy life at sea 😎

Yes, we we’re getting 5G while on ship using land based cellular.

All the loungers on the ship are upgraded from what we’ve seen before.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Is that the The Local? It looks sooo swell for The Local!

Excellent assortment of pictures - really enjoyed seeing them. Thank you!

Viva TA in Nov 2023, here we come!!  11 long days for us to enjoy every aspect on Viva!!

P.S. a favour to ask you .... when you see Clarense (aka Chocolate Cowboy) working in the Metropolitan, please ask him if he is going to be on the Viva when she debuts next year. He normally moves to new ships when they debut (plus Joy earlier this year). If he is going to be on Viva next year we're thrilled! Send him our best regards! Ann & Peter from Bermuda and our son and his gf also from Bermuda were on the Joy in March. We have seen him 3 times before Joy!! He follows us around, lol.

Keep the photos coming!!

Yes, that is Local plus they have another side.

I asked someone if he was on board and they didn’t know him but two days ago we walked through the Metro and he was there,  we said hello as we’ve never had him on our ships.

15 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Looks like you're in one of the corner rooms next to the slides on deck 12. Can you try to take more photos of the view from the balcony looking the other way? There's been several heated debates over how much of an obstruction is present from the slides, and I don't recall you suggesting they were obtrusive or blocking your view too much. Looks like you can pass snacks over to your neighbors though - are they really as close to you as it looks? 

Where did you get the donuts from? Hubby is drooling and wants to make sure he knows where to find them when we're on board.

That is view from Haven lounge port side as  far forward so think that is a balcony.

We are in a H5 starboard which I think you asked about configuration.

I only learned of at least two from cdp pictures and Harr videos.  I asked butler how many H5 configurations with couch in different location but not sure which setup, the one on the bump or other.  We may not have understood each other though.

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I can just imagine the howls of protest if passengers pay the high Haven rate for a balcony and get that obstructed view from the slide! 🤦‍♂️

See my reply below and I know there was a thread on it for a family haven suite.

First off, overall internet speeds when working good and not at all, it takes me back to the day of dial-up, and that is not a joke.  Earlier tried to just go to CC and over two tries, it burned through 15 minutes and never loaded a single page.

CORRECTION – MDR lunch the other day was Hudson’s.

BermudaBound – Went to the Metro and asked if Clarence (sp) was working and they said he was cooking which I found interesting as I wasn’t sure what restaurants were around the Metro so I’ll have to take a look.  He did come out a bit later and I said hello from you and he instantly knew who I was talking about.  He said the Viva is 6-8 months late (I don’t know, I have not followed) and he does expect to be on that ship when you are on.

Two days in Iceland were fabulous.  Did church and town day 1 then 20 person tour day 2.  Dinner was at The Local as DD caught in Daily the blue plate special was chicken parm which is one of my favorites.  Surprised it was the blue plate special.  Had pretzel bites, sliders as app, then a huge piece of chicken very thick and excellent.  Pictures to follow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jvsnana said:

Hey Dex,

Just saw your thread.  Sure hope you, DW and DD are having a blast!  What a treat to be doing a TA on a new ship.  Love all of the photos 😊

Thank you.  Hello to you and your family.  Yes, it is a dream trip and although not much outside time, the ship keeps us busy and has been great.