NCL Prima - Haven with Family

Aulegacy

I cannot get a clear answer on the following - 

1) I have purchased a family villa in the haven - can my children who are under 16 actually use a pool in the Haven with my wife and I present?  The website states you have to be 16 and older to use the Haven Sundeck - one would expect the pool to be on the sundeck.

2) if they are not able to use the pool or haven sundeck, is there any outdoor space in the haven we can take in fresh air and see the views?

Thanks in advance for the clarity.

5 minutes ago, Aulegacy said:

1) I have purchased a family villa in the haven - can my children who are under 16 actually use a pool in the Haven with my wife and I present?  The website states you have to be 16 and older to use the Haven Sundeck - one would expect the pool to be on the sundeck.

2) if they are not able to use the pool or haven sundeck, is there any outdoor space in the haven we can take in fresh air and see the views?

To my understanding, there is no haven outdoor space besides the restaurant that the children under 16 can access. 

Unlike the away class ships which have the Haven courtyard. The Prima has limited options for the little ones. 

7 minutes ago, CruiseAF said:

This is confusing and makes no sense 

I don't know if @quillwercruisers data is correct. I'm going to assume it is. Assuming their data is correct, what they say does make sense:

Deck 16 is where the Haven pool is. Individuals that are younger than 16 years old are allowed here.

Deck 17 is the Haven Sundeck. Individuals must be 16 years old, or older, to be there. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I don't know if @quillwercruisers data is correct. I'm going to assume it is. Assuming their data is correct, what they say does make sense:

Deck 16 is where the Haven pool is. Individuals that are younger than 16 years old are allowed here.

Deck 17 is the Haven Sundeck. Individuals must be 16 years old, or older, to be there. 

That has been my guess for a while. It makes the most sense BUT NCL has ....

Deck 16

The Haven Sundeck - Soak up the sun and take a dip in the mesmerizing infinity pool. Then let the world melt away as you relax in the sauna and cold room or enjoy a soak in the hot tub. No matter how you plan to spend your time, this private outdoor sanctuary — exclusive for Haven guests — provides the perfect escape. Access to Sundeck restricted to age 16+.

Deck 17

The Haven Sundeck - Soak up the sun and take a dip in the mesmerizing infinity pool. Then let the world melt away as you relax in the sauna and cold room or enjoy a soak in the hot tub. No matter how you plan to spend your time, this private outdoor sanctuary — exclusive for Haven guests — provides the perfect escape. Access to Sundeck restricted to age 16+.

...even though only deck 16 has the infinity pool. 

40 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

That has been my guess for a while. It makes the most sense BUT NCL has ....

Deck 16

The Haven Sundeck - Soak up the sun and take a dip in the mesmerizing infinity pool. Then let the world melt away as you relax in the sauna and cold room or enjoy a soak in the hot tub. No matter how you plan to spend your time, this private outdoor sanctuary — exclusive for Haven guests — provides the perfect escape. Access to Sundeck restricted to age 16+.

Deck 17

The Haven Sundeck - Soak up the sun and take a dip in the mesmerizing infinity pool. Then let the world melt away as you relax in the sauna and cold room or enjoy a soak in the hot tub. No matter how you plan to spend your time, this private outdoor sanctuary — exclusive for Haven guests — provides the perfect escape. Access to Sundeck restricted to age 16+.

...even though only deck 16 has the infinity pool. 

Welp it looks like my assumption put me in the old assume jail. Oh well...

13 minutes ago, CruiseAF said:

I’m telling you guys, NO KIDS ON EITHER 16 or 17 SUNDECK. 

I wasn't arguing...I was just making the other posters words more clear for you to comprehend. Alas, based on Two Wheels, looks like that other poster is incorrect. 

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

My problem is I've spoken to different people at NCL and I get different answers depending on who I speak too.  Really poor service by team there and why it's confusing as a consumer and obviously to folks here.  I've escalated via the NCL website support and will continue to do so as it should be something they clearly articulate.

End of day while I can appreciate the Haven striving to be a relaxing place, when I have 12 and 14 yo kids that are respectful and I can't go to a pool, or even outside with them in the Haven and am spending $30K+ for a "family" 2Br suite the target market is clearly not families.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aulegacy said:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

My problem is I've spoken to different people at NCL and I get different answers depending on who I speak too.  Really poor service by team there and why it's confusing as a consumer and obviously to folks here.  I've escalated via the NCL website support and will continue to do so as it should be something they clearly articulate.

End of day while I can appreciate the Haven striving to be a relaxing place, when I have 12 and 14 yo kids that are respectful and I can't go to a pool, or even outside with them in the Haven and am spending $30K+ for a "family" 2Br suite the target market is clearly not families.

Agree 100%

I agree that it is frustrating but there's also the fact that the Haven concierge on the ship can say the opposite of what the NCL phone rep says.

Phone rep says "...no one under 16 in the infinity pool.."

Concierge says "...sure, your kids can use the infinity pool..."

A different rep can say the opposite. A different concierge can say the opposite. 

Thanks Greenpea!!  Funny thing is we are going to Iceland/Norway next year so the amount of swimming we likely would even do would be minimal and kids would far more enjoy all the other activities on the ship, BUT when spending Haven $$ want the option to step outside in haven to take in sights and swim.

@NCL at minimum there needs to be hours for families or at least a section.

1 minute ago, Aulegacy said:

@NCL at minimum there needs to be hours for families or at least a section.

From what I gather it is a small infinity pool. Depending on the age of your children they might prefer the other pools. My DDs did not like the Haven pools until they were young adults (18+). 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

So sorry to take so long getting back to you. My friend who is currently in the Haven on the Prima says kids can indeed use the infinity pool on deck 16. The age 16+ is for deck 17. 

Thank you for the info. While the ship was still being built, many (myself included) thought that would be the case. The info on the website was/is incorrect (no surprise there). 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/23/2022 at 12:11 PM, Aulegacy said:

Thank you so much for posting this!  I read it through, but want to see if you could share your experience!  I am in the same boat, I booked the Viva going through the Mediterranean next summer in the two bedroom Haven suite with three kids.  They are not young kids but definitely not 16 yet.  I just can't imagine paying $$$$ to be in the Haven and not have my kids be able to use the Haven pool.  If they can't be in a specific area of the sundeck for adults to have some peaceful time, I get it but if they can't be in the whole sundeck pool and outdoor area, I think I may cancel the reservation or change to the regular balcony cabins (two connecting cabins maybe?).  Would you please share your experience?  Is it really a no no to kids under 16 for both the 16th and 17th floor Haven sundeck, or parents just take them and no one really checks...(which I don't want to do, I am not a rule breaker) or is it allowed by NCL to take kids to 16th floor Haven infinity pool?  

Thank you in advance to anyone with experience!

• Thanks 1

The premise is to have a quiet area where Haven guests can get both sun and swim in a pool, without crowds or interruption from kids. It's one of the things you pay for when booking the Haven. While kids can stay in the Haven, there are other parts of the ship for them to swim and get sun. That's the policy, but as just about anyone who has sailed on Norwegian can testify, the actual practice on ships can, and often does, vary from policy. Take what you can get, with the understanding that if someone complains, the practice would very likely get changed to match the policy. Customers paid a lot of money for that 'fortress of solitude' after all, and Norwegian is unlikely to risk alienating Haven guests (and losing money) by not enforcing their own rules, especially after a complaint has been filed.

And yes, both areas are listed as 16+

Edited by omahabob

13 hours ago, omahabob said:

And yes, both areas are listed as 16+

One problem is that NCL still has a copy/paste for the description of deck 16 and deck 17 for both Prima and Viva...

Soak up the sun and take a dip in the mesmerizing infinity pool. Then let the world melt away as you relax in the sauna and cold room or enjoy a soak in the hot tub. No matter how you plan to spend your time, this private outdoor sanctuary - exclusive for Haven guests - provides the perfect escape. Access to Sundeck restricted to age 16+.

....even though the Infinity Pool isn't on both decks and the hot tubs aren't on both decks.

Edited by Two Wheels Only