Sue Denning

swjumbo

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I rarely remember CDs but I do remember and prefer Alejandro, Rich, and Sue, in that order.

John Grantham gets our vote. Ex stuntman, great personality, holds a talk show in the morning or afternoon on every sea day interviewing the "guest" entertainers and other members of the crew. Also does a full show with video clips of various stunts. His "office" is the Cafe Al Bacio so is easily contactable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I rarely remember CDs but I do remember and prefer Alejandro, Rich, and Sue, in that order.

I'll give a shout out to Giuseppe as a memorable CD.  He may come across a bit like a class clown but he is personable, funny, smart and a very hard worker.  He is everywhere, everyday, seems to have unlimited energy, and his positivity is infectious.

I've sailed with CDs who seem very snooty, so I appreciate when they are approachable.

• Like 5

We've sailed with Sue several times and absolutely adore her. I echo what others have said: she is everywhere all the time, always interacts with passengers and - perhaps most astoundingly - has even remembered us from cruise to cruise, even when many months or even a couple years have passed. 🤩

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 8:55 AM, goofysmom99 said:

All wonderful CDs. They are all do much more than the job description requires. All are very passenger friendly. 

I asked one CD why some do shows and others don’t.   I was told that when they do a show they get paid extra and have to audition and negotiate a contract the same as any other guest performer.  

It isn’t  required for them to do that.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 8:55 AM, goofysmom99 said:

I definitely want to add Eddy Jenkins and Giuseppe to your list!  Otherwise, agree!l  

Edited by lexmiller
addition
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 11:55 AM, the penguins said:

John Grantham gets our vote. Ex stuntman, great personality, holds a talk show in the morning or afternoon on every sea day interviewing the "guest" entertainers and other members of the crew. Also does a full show with video clips of various stunts. His "office" is the Cafe Al Bacio so is easily contactable. 

I am not familiar with John, he sounds great!  Hope to sail with him soon.  Do you know which ship he's on currently?

On 9/26/2022 at 5:36 AM, JeanieC,Aston said:

Her son played in a band called Tenors of Rock who where regulars on Celebrity.

As we say in the UK..Sue is a good pub singer.

Her son is Jimmy Denning, and yes, he is an integral performer in the Tenors of Rock, which has a permanent show at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas.  If you follow Sue on social media, she posts some great photos of her whole family - they are all in the entertainment business, in one way or another.  Sue had a #1 hit, singing, when she was I believe a young teenager.  Here's a recent youtube video of her:

• Like 1

Sue Denning is one of my favorites...I found her personable and very willing to please all passengers... and what a shoe collection!!!  

We loved Luigi Delmar when we sailed on Edge last September...what a fun guy!  I believe he moved to Beyond with Captain Kate. 

Eddy was our CD a few years ago when I sailed on Edge pre-covid...sorry, was not a fan.  My friends told me that his sense of humor is an acquired taste.................

21 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

has even remembered us from cruise to cruise, even when many months or even a couple years have passed. 

She remembered me instantly the second time I cruised with her.

She also offered her condolences regarding a friend of mine who passed away suddenly while I was on board. I hadn't told her about it. I had told other crew, but it still was a bit of a surprise (and a very touching one at that). It also shows that she pays attention to what's going on and maintains good communication with other crew. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lexmiller said:

Her son is Jimmy Denning, and yes, he is an integral performer in the Tenors of Rock, which has a permanent show at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas.  If you follow Sue on social media, she posts some great photos of her whole family - they are all in the entertainment business, in one way or another.  Sue had a #1 hit, singing, when she was I believe a young teenager.  Here's a recent youtube video of her:

Hi

Its apt that the video is set in Blackpool in the North of England.

I think Sue and family came from the area and she cut her teeth on the Blackpool Workingmens Club circuit.

• Like 1

Hi, 

In July 2021, I cruised aboard the Celebrity Summit on one of its first cruises following the pandemic. There were only approximately 300 passengers on the cruise and the atmosphere was incredible. The passengers and crew members were thrilled to be back at sea. The food and service were outstanding. This was one of the best and most memorable cruises that I have ever taken.

Sue Denning was the CD on this cruise and she definitely contributed to the wonderful atmosphere. I enjoyed talking to her on several occasions. She works very hard and was visible throughout the cruise. In fact, she was in the cruise terminal early in the morning at the end of the cruise personally thanking people for taking the cruise.

Sue is one of my very favorite CDs.

Chuck

• Like 4

She was on our first cruise, and I wasn’t overly impressed - I prefer to decide myself whether an act is fantastic, rather than be emphatically told beforehand by the CD. However, it wasn’t until we had done a few more cruises that I realised what an asset she was. She was the only CD who would be on the quay to see you off for the day, and there to welcome you back. Around the ship all day, and highly visible. We’ve certainly seen a lot worse.

39 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

In July 2021, I cruised aboard the Celebrity Summit on one of its first cruises following the pandemic. There were only approximately 300 passengers on the cruise and the atmosphere was incredible. The passengers and crew members were thrilled to be back at sea. The food and service were outstanding. This was one of the best and most memorable cruises that I have ever taken.

Sue Denning was the CD on this cruise and she definitely contributed to the wonderful atmosphere. I enjoyed talking to her on several occasions. She works very hard and was visible throughout the cruise. In fact, she was in the cruise terminal early in the morning at the end of the cruise personally thanking people for taking the cruise.

Sue is one of my very favorite CDs.

Chuck

Same for us in August and October 2021.