What kind of refillable water bottles, if any, are currently provided?

mcmarya

Sorry for the dumb question.  I know that disposable plastic bottles are now banned so I will need some kind of container to take water ashore.  Since I am creating a packing list I am wondering if I need to bring along something suitable.  If something is provided, is it a suitable size/weight to easily carry?

Thanks

1 hour ago, mcmarya said:

Sorry for the dumb question.  I know that disposable plastic bottles are now banned so I will need some kind of container to take water ashore.  Since I am creating a packing list I am wondering if I need to bring along something suitable.  If something is provided, is it a suitable size/weight to easily carry?

Thanks

No need to bring your own. These are what are provided on Quest, both in suites and by the gangway.

77AE5989-3663-46E3-B861-CADD0AC01BF8.jpeg

1 hour ago, mcmarya said:

Thanks

Not at all a "dumb" question.

I have a a picture of the size of the water you get in the suite (and which is regularly distributed in the dining rooms), and what is often at the gangway. The smaller one is what is available for you to grab when you leave the ship.

I find even the little one too heavy, and with it's fat mouth (and my faint tremor) I land up wetting my face when I drink. Plus it tastes poorly  for my preferences.

Post is not sending now due to overloaded internet, will try later.

So I bring lightweight small plastic battles from Badoit or single serving Diet Coke light plastic bottle shapes,  and comfortable narrow openings, and refill them from diet coke cans or Perrier on board (or similar waters whose taste I like) and take to shore to sip throughout the day.  This is why I was a bit miffed that the stewardess early in the cruise pulled my bottles out of my cupboard and tossed most of them (some I had with me survived) 🙂

I do exactly the same as @Mauzac: I bring my insulated water bottle because I like my water cold. I refill it from the refrigerated bottle in our room refrigerator, along with some ice. Mine is from Hydro Flask. It's a little heavier, because it's metal instead of plastic, but easier to carry and definitely easier to drink from.

image.thumb.png.ef0aad8c7dccec1b90660d6678b4d343.png

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2022 at 7:18 AM, Mr Luxury said:

I only drink Evian on a ship as it is what i drink at home

Seabourn always have it.

I'm well known but you lot will have to ask nicely.😁

If the London office is following Seattle, you are in for a surprise.   

Called Seattle to request Evian for upcoming cruise.  Actually, I asked for Evian, or another suitable brand.   An hour later, agent calls back to tell me Evian is no longer available, but they can secure the other brand.   They will no longer buy Evian because it is in plastic bottles.   This was news to the agent. Duh....both brands are bottled in glass.  Both are bottled in plastic.      

No problem with glass bottles of Evian last week on a Silversea ship.

7 hours ago, saminina said:

If the London office is following Seattle, you are in for a surprise.   

Called Seattle to request Evian for upcoming cruise.  Actually, I asked for Evian, or another suitable brand.   An hour later, agent calls back to tell me Evian is no longer available, but they can secure the other brand.   They will no longer buy Evian because it is in plastic bottles.   This was news to the agent. Duh....both brands are bottled in glass.  Both are bottled in plastic.      

No problem with glass bottles of Evian last week on a Silversea ship.

I have had no problem getting glass bottles of Evian on Seabourn.

On 9/30/2022 at 9:08 AM, Sailingagain123 said:

We were sailing on Seabourn right after they implemented their new “fresh water”.  It tasted dirty to us.  Does it taste better now?

My wife and I drank gallons of that water on a recent 12 day cruise.  Tasted fine to us.  We drink  bottled water at home.and this tasted the same.  

• Like 1