Royal Princess Chill Lounge

sloopsailor

According to Princess website, on Royal Princess the Retreat Pool area turns into the Chill Lounge at night. I'm curious as to what that area is like in the evening. I have found no photos of this area in the evening, and very little information as well. Any first hand descriptions would be much appreciated. 

image.png.cfa6272581bea4fba9ab3472e0457276.png

Thanks!

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

According to Princess website, on Royal Princess the Retreat Pool area turns into the Chill Lounge at night. I'm curious as to what that area is like in the evening. I have found no photos of this area in the evening, and very little information as well. Any first hand descriptions would be much appreciated. 

image.png.cfa6272581bea4fba9ab3472e0457276.png

Thanks!

It's maybe once a cruise, but it has been some time since its happened. Essentially,  an adults only deck party - Club 6 is opened to the younger kids and the adults party on deck. DJ,  some of those white color changing lights (south beach type), dancing, drinks, etc. Basically,  Club 6 on deck. 

It's a nice change of pace when it happens. 

It would have been a "Chilly Lounge" at night on the Alaska cruise. I did attend a deck party there once. The Royal had an overnight in Cabo and the cruise staff held a big event there. It was really fun, and we could see Cabo all lit up at night. 

There are eight or ten cabanas around the pool, but since the post-Covid start-up, we weren't charged to use them. There's a nice bar there as well. 

Have been on the Royal Princess a number of times, but not since the restart. When the Royal Princess was newer the Retreat Pool area was lighted with colorful lights and some other lighted decorations in the evenings. Very few people went there. A few years later the concept was basically eliminated. It might have been open one evening during the cruise.