Mysterious OBC - no complaints from me but a ?

Josie201

Hi, its been several years since we cruised on HAL (usually we cruise on  Celebrity).

Am getting ready to make final payment next week and requested an updated invoice since I had added flights recently.  Everything looks good, except for a "mysterious" $250 pp OBC that was only $100 pp in my original booking.  We have the HIA package.  No complaints at all but am wondering if this OBC is likely to be non-refundable (like Celebrity's from the cruise line directly normally is) or refundable?  We were planning to pre-pay crew appreciation (since we are paying in Canadian funds this would save us buying this additional US cash as our exchange rate is currently underwater) but if the OBC is non-refundable I'll just wait so that it can be applied towards the crew appreciation.

Any insight from regular HAL cruisers would be welcome.  Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Josie201 said:

Hi, its been several years since we cruised on HAL (usually we cruise on  Celebrity).

Am getting ready to make final payment next week and requested an updated invoice since I had added flights recently.  Everything looks good, except for a "mysterious" $250 pp OBC that was only $100 pp in my original booking.  We have the HIA package.  No complaints at all but am wondering if this OBC is likely to be non-refundable (like Celebrity's from the cruise line directly normally is) or refundable?  We were planning to pre-pay crew appreciation (since we are paying in Canadian funds this would save us buying this additional US cash as our exchange rate is currently underwater) but if the OBC is non-refundable I'll just wait so that it can be applied towards the crew appreciation.

Any insight from regular HAL cruisers would be welcome.  Thanks. 

In the end of our cruise earlier this month, it seemed that not all advanced crew appreciation was used for that purpose and HAL refunded on our CC. If we have such result next weeks, I will ask for a cash refund on the last day; saves a trip to the city and bankcosts getting US dollars for next voyage..

There is the new Mariner benefit

In appreciation of your loyalty, we’re offering Mariner Society members a new exclusive early booking benefit: onboard credit of up to $400 per stateroom when you book within 90 days of a new season launch* – for 2023 cruises and beyond.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Josie201 said:

We were planning to pre-pay crew appreciation (since we are paying in Canadian funds this would save us buying this additional US cash as our exchange rate is currently underwater)

You could still pre pay the crew appreciation.  Presuming your cruise is purchased in CAD$, the price for the crew appreciation is shown under 'Travel Planning' when you log into your HAL account and that price is CAD$.  It is a great exchange rate.  Also it is refundable and you can ask for it to be refunded in cash USD$.

7 hours ago, Chickadee910 said:

If you are using flight ease and they change your flight, how close to your cruise can you switch flights.

Did you post this question on the wrong thread?

This thread is not discussing flights nor Flight Ease.

8 hours ago, Chickadee910 said:

If you are using flight ease and they change your flight, how close to your cruise can you switch flights.

You can switch without a penalty up until your final payment day.   After that there are penalties