Wedding On Celebrity Apex

CruiseloverfromGA

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

How do you get married on a cruise ship?  How many people usually attend this?  I have a picture of 100 people following you around wherever you go?

My wife and I got married in St Thomas while on a Caribbean cruise. Just the two of us. It was all planned in advance by the cruise line with a minister on the beach doing the ceremony after a stop at “City Hall” in St Thomas to sign the license. They provided a videographer and a ships photographer. Our honeymoon was the rest of the cruise. When we returned home we had a big party with friends and family and showed the video and pics. 
it was just what we wanted. 

Edited by mfs2k
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

My wife and I got married in St Thomas while on a Caribbean cruise. Just the two of us. It was all planned in advance by the cruise line with a minister on the beach doing the ceremony after a stop at “City Hall” in St Thomas to sign the license. They provided a videographer and a ships photographer. Our honeymoon was the rest of the cruise. When we returned home we had a big party with friends and family and showed the video and pics. 
it was just what we wanted. 

Thanks.  Never been married on a ship but was married at city hall once.  Then neighbors had a party for us later.

My Wife and myself were on the Edge just prior to Covid! We watched a beautiful wedding being held in BLU! The venue is beautiful enough already normally but had it fixed up for this wedding!

in 2024 we are having our 50th anniversary and thinking of having renewal ceremony onboard!

2 minutes ago, LJJQ said:

My Wife and myself were on the Edge just prior to Covid! We watched a beautiful wedding being held in BLU! The venue is beautiful enough already normally but had it fixed up for this wedding!

in 2024 we are having our 50th anniversary and thinking of having renewal ceremony onboard!

I would guess they had a lot of friends and family there if they went to the trouble of renting out Blu?

The wedding was not huge! There were about 30 people besides the bride & groom!

About seven years ago we were on a cruise where over 500 people were attending a wedding onboard! It was an American Guy and an American-Indian Woman! They had a fantastic time!

11 minutes ago, LJJQ said:

The wedding was not huge! There were about 30 people besides the bride & groom!

About seven years ago we were on a cruise where over 500 people were attending a wedding onboard! It was an American Guy and an American-Indian Woman! They had a fantastic time!

Did you get to talk to any of those 500 people?  Did it feel any different on board with a group that big?

Yes, we actually had diner with the travel agent who did the arrangements for the family! It was a very festive cruise and often they had activities everyone onboard joined in to! Family loved what Celebrity did for this wedding!

3 hours ago, CruiseloverfromGA said:

My fiancée and I are getting married on Celebrity Apex at the start of our Thanksgiving cruise.

Has anyone had had their wedding on Celebrity recently?  We are very curious about your experience, especially in the planning process.

Thanks so much.

There is a forum here for wedding and honeymoon cruises.  Under Special Interest Cruising.  EM

22 hours ago, zitsky said:

How do you get married on a cruise ship?  How many people usually attend this?  I have a picture of 100 people following you around wherever you go?

They have companies that coordinate it all for you.  It will be my bride and i and four non-sailing guests.  They get to board with us but have to depart before the ship sails.

Son and daughter in law married onboard RCI ship. We boarded early, cruise line arranged minister, flowers and small reception. It was just the 2 immediate families who cruised with newlyweds all week. We all had a great time and the bride/groom said they didn't regret this way to marry. The whole process was easy and convenient. The photographer took the couple all over the ship for photos , all before anyone else boarded!!