Did Carnival change the # of bottles of wine one can carry-on?

sweetlife

6 minutes ago, sweetlife said:

Last time I cruised I brought on 2 bottles of wine.  The rules now say one bottle?  Did the policy change?  If so, when?  Thanks.

One bottle, up to 750ml, per adult. Up to 12 cans/cartons of soda/mixer. Been posted policy for years.

Edited by mondello
Fix
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Salem615 said:

Is there a uncorking fee to open the bottles of wine?

Only in the dining room. If you drink it in your cabin you are fine (and there is nothing that says you can't pour a glass in your cabin and take it to the dining room).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

Only in the dining room. If you drink it in your cabin you are fine (and there is nothing that says you can't pour a glass in your cabin and take it to the dining room).

Fee is supposed to be charged in the steakhouse and mdr, but not always. We've sailed 5 times since the restart, and have brought wine into the mdr on all 5 and steakhouse once, and not been charged the fee. We do bring it in open and with wine glasses. Prior to the shutdown it was pretty much hit or miss as well. Guess we've been sort of....lucky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Isnt celebrity 2 per cabin like rcl? Its 2 if you are solo too ..per cabin. 

Though I know a lot of couples who each bring 2 and board separate.  

I've seen both, but go with this

"1.) Embarkation day when each guest is permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package. Security may inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such container."

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/before-you-board

It is supposed to be 1 per person, for a max of 2 per room. One time I carried 2 bottles and they checked the other guest to make sure we weren't take too many. For the most part, no one ever says anything. It may vary by port.

The corkage fee is a Carnival policy to recoup profits from not being able to sell their own wine. Most of the waiters hate to charge it because they don't not want to anger the guest. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 7:50 AM, sparks1093 said:

That's what I do (Carrt a glass of wine to dinner).

Edited by simplelife
  • Like 1