Navigator - Internet Speeds?

We were on Navigator this past January and had no problem with Voom Surf/Stream...We even used our Firestick to watch movies.

However...this can vary depending on a lot of factors....just because you get a good satellite signal at times it can change.

3 hours ago, Tim in Hollywood said:

What can we expect for internet speeds for surf+stream?

Should be capped at about 4Mbps but the performance could be quite good if she gets the Starlink upgrade by the time of your sailing. 

Thank you for the replies.  As long as we can get 4-5Mpbs, we should be OK.

It's so frustrating that RCCL throttles so much, while charging such high prices.

I'm not convinced that RCCL will adjust the throttling very much when Starlink is installed.  If their throttling were about maintaining an acceptable level of service for all subscribers, they wouldn't keep the same low limits during low-priority times (1am to 6am, for example).

I won't be surprised to see a third tier introduced that has a 20Mbps offering for substantially more $$$.

7 hours ago, Tim in Hollywood said:

If their throttling were about maintaining an acceptable level of service for all subscribers, they wouldn't keep the same low limits during low-priority times (1am to 6am, for example).

Dynamic throttling is probably not that easy to implement. 4Mbps is enough for an HD video stream.

42 minutes ago, sealeggs said:

Come on folks. You are on a ship. What do you think the internet speed is going to be? Slow!

No your normal speed you are getting from home or your work place.

Relax have a cocktail and unwind. You are on vacation.

"You are on a vacation" sounds cute...until you remember that some are unable to be away for so long without the promised connectivity.  When that expected connectivity doesn't materialize, it is a major problem.

On 10/1/2022 at 5:04 PM, Biker19 said:

Dynamic throttling is probably not that easy to implement. 4Mbps is enough for an HD video stream.

I agree with the sentiment that dynamic throttling is not simple to implement.  Even a midnight to 6:00am increase would be great.  That shouldn't be extremely difficult to implement.

4Mbps as the download speed would be fine, but didn't happen at all on my Oasis cruise earlier in 2022.

My Oasis (Surf+Stream) average was throttled to approximately 2.7 Mbps down, 0.92 up, no matter the time or day.

32 minutes ago, Tim in Hollywood said:

My Oasis (Surf+Stream) average was throttled to approximately 2.7 Mbps down, 0.92 up, no matter the time or day.

Like some sales, the important wording is "up to" - virtually no one gets the 4Mbps down that has been sorta derived by lots of reporting - very doubtful RCI would ever acknowledge the figure. Also, the speed measuring apps are a very short snapshot in time.