Bittersweet Pride Med cruise 10/01/

jimbo5544

4 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Jimbo, what town in Fl is your condo in?  Glad to hear no wind damage, hope water surge spared you as well.  The video coming out of Sanibel is heartbreaking, I have great memories of shell-hunting with my daughter there when she was 9 and 11.  

Fort myers

• Like 1

Jimbo, I hope you get a better tourguide at Acropolis than we did.  We didn't even get the headphones promised in the Carnival excursion description.  Then we were promised refunds and apology phone calls from Excursions and neither happened.  Disillusioned because Carnival "always" keeps their promises.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Jimbo, I hope you get a better tourguide at Acropolis than we did.  We didn't even get the headphones promised in the Carnival excursion description.  Then we were promised refunds and apology phone calls from Excursions and neither happened.  Disillusioned because Carnival "always" keeps their promises.

Partly based upon your review and thenasking some others who have been there,we changed to a third party who gets rave REVIEWS 

• Like 2

After walking this morning we heard some disturbing news.  I would not pass it along if it had not been confirmed by the Captain in his noon talk.  Apparently, sometime around 10 pm the night before, a young boy drown i the pool, was pulled out CPR for a good while and brought back.  The ship spun around and headed back to Rome and was met by some faster ship where he (and family I assume) were taken off and brought to a Hospital.  Have not heard further on his status.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

After walking this morning we heard some disturbing news.  I would not pass it along if it had not been confirmed by the Captain in his noon talk.  Apparently, sometime around 10 pm the night before, a young boy drown i the pool, was pulled out CPR for a good while and brought back.  The ship spun around and headed back to Rome and was met by some faster ship where he (and family I assume) were taken off and brought to a Hospital.  Have not heard further on his status.

Horrible to hear about this.  Hopefully this ends well for the child and parents, and no permanent damage was done to the child.  Will not even venture to guess why the child was in the pool at 10 pm, and why the parents weren't vigilant in watching the child.  Prayers out to them all, on top of the prayers sent your way for Ft. Meyers.

Edited by pe4all
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

Horrible to hear about this.  Hopefully this ends well for the child and parents, and no permanent damage was done to the child.  Will not even venture to guess why the child was in the pool at 10 pm, and why the parents weren't vigilant in watching the child.  Prayers out to them all, on top of the prayers sent your way for Ft. Meyers.

Thanks guys.  I cannot imagine how the family is coping, they worked on him a while but he spurted water and they all cheered, but there are consequences…..thanks for the prayers.

2nd sea day, been torn back and forth and did not have a ton of time with all emailing with our condo board.   Tomorrow, they flipped Santorini and Mykonos to have fewer ships in Santorini.   Yeah!  More coming.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Tomorrow, they flipped Santorini and Mykonos to have fewer ships in Santorini.   Yeah!  More coming.

After the cluster of last week and the lines, I'm not surprised they switched the stops around.  The 1.5 hour wait for the cable cars put a damper on that stop which otherwise was a fun day. 

45 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

After the cluster of last week and the lines, I'm not surprised they switched the stops around.  The 1.5 hour wait for the cable cars put a damper on that stop which otherwise was a fun day. 

Mine wait on the Sept. 11 cruise for the cable cars was "only" about 50 minutes.  But it was in the sun which made it awful.

32 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Mine wait on the Sept. 11 cruise for the cable cars was "only" about 50 minutes.  But it was in the sun which made it awful.

And you said you would have chosen the boat ride to Oia instead of waiting for the cable cars, right?  Cost about 30?

52 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

And you said you would have chosen the boat ride to Oia instead of waiting for the cable cars, right?  Cost about 30?

We had an excursion that took us to Oia first via water shuttle but we had to take the cable car back down in Thira (or walk the stairs but a number of people fell so we opted against that). 

NCL was supposed to leave at 2:30 but due to the line didn't get out until probably after 5:00pm.  We got to the water shuttle around 4:15pm-ish and had a couple from NCL in our cable car. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1