Bittersweet Pride Med cruise 10/01/

jimbo5544

On 10/2/2022 at 5:01 AM, jimbo5544 said:

By Tuesday, we def knew that making those changes was wise, RSW was to be closed on Wednesday.😵

Friend booked on a flight out of RSW and getting the run-around by airlines trying to get alternative flights.

Glad your condo escaped wind damage.  Water still on roads and power still out for many.

Unfortunately, little you can do about it, so hope you try to enjoy your cruise as much as you can.

• Like 2

Thanks for those pics of Santorini!  Looks great.  Except looking out of the cable car.  Gives me sweaty palms. 😄

I'm totally obsessing over what to pack.  Warm-weather clothes for Greece and Turkey.  But no idea what it might be like crossing the Atlantic in early November.  On my prior Med and TAs (all in late April/early May) there were cool and damp days in Italy, France, Spain, Azores.  I can't pack for both hot and cool/wet weather with just a carry-on and a 25" checked bag.

I know.  Layers.  Layers still take up space!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Thanks for those pics of Santorini!  Looks great.  Except looking out of the cable car.  Gives me sweaty palms. 😄

I'm totally obsessing over what to pack.  Warm-weather clothes for Greece and Turkey.  But no idea what it might be like crossing the Atlantic in early November.  On my prior Med and TAs (all in late April/early May) there were cool and damp days in Italy, France, Spain, Azores.  I can't pack for both hot and cool/wet weather with just a carry-on and a 25" checked bag.

I'm thinking the same thing for our Oct 18, 2023 cruise.  Looking at the pics in this review I see some people in shorts and others in jeans.  Paris and Amsterdam (land trip) this past July was cooler than I expected.  I'm also watching the temps in Weather.com for Athens, Rome, Santorini and Venice.  Yikes!🤣 

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Friend booked on a flight out of RSW and getting the run-around by airlines trying to get alternative flights.

Glad your condo escaped wind damage.  Water still on roads and power still out for many.

Unfortunately, little you can do about it, so hope you try to enjoy your cruise as much as you can.

You are correct.  

42 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Bingo.  

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

Did you say you were on the Oct 11 cruise? I see you’re from Durham, our son will be on this cruise, and he lives in Roxboro! Hope you all have a great cruise!

Sorry, saw you’re sailing in November, but didn’t know how to delete this post!

Edited by Bostwick girl
Add info

5 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

Did you say you were on the Oct 11 cruise? I see you’re from Durham, our son will be on this cruise, and he lives in Roxboro! Hope you all have a great cruise!

Sorry, saw you’re sailing in November, but didn’t know how to delete this post!

I fly to Rome on Saturday for 32 nights.  The transatlantic leaves Lisbon on 10/30, so we'll be out in the Atlantic for several days.  End up in Tampa on 11/12.

• Like 1