Anthem Dining, HELP

Help please…We are seasoned cruisers, but older seasoned cruisers. We have cruised with CCL, NCL, Celebrity, RCCL and Cunard, but none of the larger ships. DH and I just came off a CCL cruise 2 weeks ago. In 2023 I will be doing a “sisters” cruise on the Anthem. For the life of me, I can’t figure out the MDR Dining. When we booked we chose traditional at 8 or 8:30 whatever it is. I know we have 3 or 4 venues to choose from, but do we just show up at our assigned time at say, Chic, or do we have to choose the venue before we get there and then make a reservation after boarding ? If we choose Chic, can we choose it for the entire cruise?

We will probably also try the paying restaurants one or 2 nights during the week. Is it best to reserve them beforehand or when we are on the ship.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks from an “Old School cruiser”

Food in all 4 (MTD and Traditional) DR are the same.

We usually use MTD and prebook Times.

In this case they still try to put you on the same table if is possible. We usually ask to switch between too.

Also we are not big pizza eaters, and won't skip MDR for that, but Sorrento's offer pretty good choices.

• Like 1

You have chosen Traditional Dining, late seating.  Your dining room assignment and table number will be on your seapass card.  You don’t get to choose which dining room.  If you don’t like your table assignment, speak to the maitre’d on board.  If you have a specific table request, email rcldining@rccl.com two weeks prior to sailing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fair-winds39 said:

Help please…We are seasoned cruisers, but older seasoned cruisers. We have cruised with CCL, NCL, Celebrity, RCCL and Cunard, but none of the larger ships. DH and I just came off a CCL cruise 2 weeks ago. In 2023 I will be doing a “sisters” cruise on the Anthem. For the life of me, I can’t figure out the MDR Dining. When we booked we chose traditional at 8 or 8:30 whatever it is. I know we have 3 or 4 venues to choose from, but do we just show up at our assigned time at say, Chic, or do we have to choose the venue before we get there and then make a reservation after boarding ? If we choose Chic, can we choose it for the entire cruise?

We will probably also try the paying restaurants one or 2 nights during the week. Is it best to reserve them beforehand or when we are on the ship.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks from an “Old School cruiser”

You are assigned a dining room and table. Normally, we go and check out and change our table as soon as we embark. Reserved your paid dinners as soon as possible for the best dates and times. Or purchase a dining package. 

• Like 1