Testing of Vaccinated October 25, 2022 onward no longer necessary

cellfree

It appears Bermuda has lifted the testing requirement of those vaccinated and arriving by a cruise ship starting October 25 onwards (we arrive on Magic on the 25th). There is still a necessary document to complete, download vaccination card, etc., but havenā€™t completed doc yet so not sure if a $40 fee is still required or not.Ā 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cellfree said:

It appears Bermuda has lifted the testing requirement of those vaccinated and arriving by a cruise ship starting October 25 onwardsĀ 

Ā 

More than appears that they have. Ā It is actually a fact. Ā We posted the info here as a thread and several other places on Thursday but as it was only a couple of days it is only now getting around.

Ā 

https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20220929/ta-form-to-be-phased-out-but-no-decision-on-fee/

Ā 

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Ā 

More than appears that they have. Ā It is actually a fact. Ā We posted the info here as a thread and several other places on Thursday but as it was only a couple of days it is only now getting around.

Ā 

https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20220929/ta-form-to-be-phased-out-but-no-decision-on-fee/

Ā 

Charles4515, I should have searched further and I would have seen your Posts, just off a cruise this morning and next one is the Magic to Bermuda so was searching for any updates and excited to read the news.Ā 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cellfree said:

It appears Bermuda has lifted the testing requirement of those vaccinated and arriving by a cruise ship starting October 25 onwards (we arrive on Magic on the 25th). There is still a necessary document to complete, download vaccination card, etc., but havenā€™t completed doc yet so not sure if a $40 fee is still required or not.Ā 

I'm waiting for confirmation from RCL.

18 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Yes...it's great reading it in the newspaper, but the TA site and cruise sites don't reflect this yet...

Ā 

I am sure they will shortly. The change was announced by Bermuda on Thursday. The lawyers have to read it and new wording written for the website. Those people probably don't work weekends.Ā 

Ā 

it is not just newspaper articles. The Bermuda government website has been updated. The link is a few posts back. It is official. Of course a cruise line could have their own requirements but I think Royal won't have stricter requirements than Bermuda.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Ā 

I am sure they will shortly. The change was announced by Bermuda on Thursday. The lawyers have to read it and new wording written for the website. Those people probably don't work weekends.Ā 

Ā 

it is not just newspaper articles. The Bermuda government website has been updated. The link is a few posts back. It is official. Of course a cruise line could have their own requirements but I think Royal won't have stricter requirements than Bermuda.

Ā 

Ā 

Oh, I believe it's official. But until the cruise lines and the TA site are updated, I won't feel comfortable about not having to test...

• Like 1

Completed Application yesterday for arrival October 25 on Magic. Several times on the website it states that testing is not longer required (for vaccinated) October 25 onwards. $40 is still required. When you start the process it asks what Ship you are arriving on. You need to download your Proof of Vaccination and you need your Passport Information.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Just called Carnival - we arrive in Bermuda October 25 - agent said that Bermuda gave all cruise lines guidelines as to what is required and ā€œyesā€ testing is still required - how much sense does that make!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

Just called Carnival - we arrive in Bermuda October 25 - agent said that Bermuda gave all cruise lines guidelines as to what is required and ā€œyesā€ testing is still required - how much sense does that make!?

Since you sailing begins before October 25 I could see that might be a grey area. Does any of it make any sense? Why is October 25 the start date? Not much of it makes sense to me but it is what it is.Ā 

• Like 1

Please read my response to your other post.

Just talked to a Supervisor and she said Operations Management has not received Bermuda updates yet, (of course they haven't), so Carnival's web site does not reflect the "no testing required" information. Hopefully soon! As I think I previously said (also in middle of Ian clean up on Gulf Coast so mind a little foggy) when I went on Bermuda's site to apply for the Travel Authorization it repeatedly said that "testing was no longer required."

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cellfree said:

when I went on Bermuda's site to apply for the Travel Authorization it repeatedly said that "testing was no longer required."

But paying $40.00 per person (for nothing) is still required to protect the population from COVID.Ā šŸ˜•

Ā 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

But paying $40.00 per person (for nothing) is still required to protect the population from COVID.Ā šŸ˜•

Ā 

Apparently, crazy. But as far as Carnival goes, still in a dilemma, either a) Carnival has not updated their website or b) Carnival still says we need to be tested even though Bermuda does not require it. Let's get it figured out Carnival.

• Like 2

Apparently, crazy. But as far as Carnival goes, still in a dilemma, either a) Carnival has not updated their website or b) Carnival still says we need to be tested even though Bermuda does not require it. Let's get it figured out Carnival.

Celebrity put something on their website basically stating they know B has changed the rules but B asked them to wait a few days as they are still working out details.

• Like 2

We arrive there on Enchantment on the 22nd so we still have to test.Ā 
Itā€™s going to be a pain but itā€™s my first post Covid cruise and Iā€™m kinda glad that at least initially everyone is negative. I know that itā€™s no guarantee with people flying in but it makes me feel a little safer. I still know thereā€™s a good chance Iā€™ll come off the ship with Covid!

Just got offĀ Enchantment yesterday, B2B with Bermuda first. Testing major stress, but not as much as when results had to be uploaded to get TA. No testing for Canada/NE leg. Pax coughing and sneezing into their hands both legs. Even before COVID, that was inappropriate. We masked up indoors, as we got COVID on a May Bermuda cruise.

44 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Just got letter from NCL - We sail on November 4th (from Boston to Bermuda) - TESTING NO LONGER REQUIRED (If vaccinated)Ā 

HOORAY !!Ā 

No testing is required for arriving passengers on and after October 25 even if you're not vaccinated. However unvaccinated passengers have to provide proof of travel health insurance that covers COVID illness.

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1