Navigator app difficulties

melspar

The Navigator app does not display our boarding pass or the excursions I thought we had purchased. Our cruise embarking on Oct. 8, so information should appear on app.  Our other information on our booking, etc. does display. I’ve called HAL several times on this. They just say they’re having difficulties for some passengers and to try again. Anyone have any advice for us? Our TA is also trying to get it figured out. 

Princess has had nothing but problems  with their Oceans Ready App   .I threw away  a  $ 925   FCC with Princess because it was way too frustrating dealing with all their new employees over the phone who knew nothing  about  this crazy technology . If  HAL adopts this & they can not explain it in simple terms I guess that will be the end of us cruising with them as well 

On 10/1/2022 at 9:30 PM, melspar said:

The Navigator app does not display our boarding pass or the excursions I thought we had purchased. Our cruise embarking on Oct. 8, so information should appear on app.  Our other information on our booking, etc. does display. I’ve called HAL several times on this. They just say they’re having difficulties for some passengers and to try again. Anyone have any advice for us? Our TA is also trying to get it figured out. 

In February our excursions did not appear in the Navigator app until we boarded. We had prepurchased them also. not sure about the boarding pass. In February our final was not available until after we completed the health documents, however I understand the boarding pass, with the bar code is available sometime around two weeks before cruise now. Perhaps someone who has cruised recently can address this. We just printed them out and used that to board. The information (excursions, account, where and when, etc.) available, in the Navigator, magically appeared when we stepped onto the ship. Possibly it still works that way.

On 10/1/2022 at 6:30 PM, melspar said:

Same situation here.  We are also on your same cruise from QC.  No excursions or boarding passes show on the Navigator app.  I emailed them twice (no response) and called.  Still not working.

I am on a different cruise in a few months, and I've had trouble with the app locating my booking. I opened a ticket with support. I have heard that the app seems to work for half the cruisers, and not the other half. I'm wondering what the obstacles are for the half that I apparently fall into. Hope they can get it resolved. I will update here to share some insight on the problem, if they provide that info.

1 hour ago, Melly4Tea said:

I am on a different cruise in a few months, and I've had trouble with the app locating my booking. I opened a ticket with support. I have heard that the app seems to work for half the cruisers, and not the other half. I'm wondering what the obstacles are for the half that I apparently fall into. Hope they can get it resolved. I will update here to share some insight on the problem, if they provide that info.

Like you - I can’t get my boarding to link the the app, but I can find it on the website. I’m hoping I don’t “need” the app to be working, I’d rather not be glued to my phone while on vacatiob

• Like 2

Me too.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times, cleared cache, etc.  When I log onto the app, the home screen immediately posts "Your journey starts in 11 days, etc, etc".  But when I click on "Boarding Pass" I just get the "Invalid date time" screen.  I was able to have my boarding pass and luggage tags emailed from from the HAL site days ago. 

Have had difficulties with the app on my cruises also.  Sometimes have to log in 4-5 times every day when I want to use it on the ships.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AV8rix said:

Me too.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times, cleared cache, etc.  When I log onto the app, the home screen immediately posts "Your journey starts in 11 days, etc, etc".  But when I click on "Boarding Pass" I just get the "Invalid date time" screen.  I was able to have my boarding pass and luggage tags emailed from from the HAL site days ago. 

Have had difficulties with the app on my cruises also.  Sometimes have to log in 4-5 times every day when I want to use it on the ships.

We’re sailing on the 8th and getting the same message on the Boarding Pass.  I printed out the Boarding Passes and will bring them.  Everything else seems to be working with the App.  🤞

A couple of things that I learned about the app: check your Mariner number in the app and make sure that it is the same as what you have when you log in to the website. My friend had different numbers, so HAL IT had to sync them from the back end and now it works for him. For me, somehow my booking was not tied to my Mariner number, so I could not retrieve my booking on the app. They corrected that, as well. I did have to delete the app and reinstall it for everything to finally show up. 

I plan to print all passes and bring them with me - I highly suggest this in case the app decides to stop working during embarkation or any other point of the sailing.

I also have noticed that the Chrome browser does not work well when completing certain tasks on HAL's website. I was going through the check-in documents, and could not complete it in Chrome. I switched to Edge and had no problem. 

So is there a place where you can see the tours you booked?

I couldn't find it on the application on my phone. This morning I went to Shore excursions on my PC. Then I printed up the Personal (with our names on it) /Shore Excursion guide. Well, on about page three, it printed my already booked and paid for tours. Then it proceeded to print 43 pages of every tour offered on our 17 day cruise. I kept trying to cancel the printing, but it kept going.

There has to be an easier place to immediately see what we already booked.

I do have emails showing the tours after I booked so have proof. One of my friends said her tours disappeared and she had to rebook. She also was confused as to where to find information.

People complain about Princess Medallion Appl. I find Princess website is very easy to find information. The Appl. is a bit screwy at times but still not hard to use. HAL's, have to hunt for everything.

Anyone have an easier way to find Booked Tours.?

10 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

So is there a place where you can see the tours you booked?

Anyone have an easier way to find Booked Tours.?

When you click on your itinerary, you should see any shore excursions/tours/packages that you have booked for each day. If they do not show up, then I would call HAL.

I did find this document: https://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/guests/edox_wynk_printfriendly.pdf

This has some information about where to find your cruise documents for printing See Cruise Documents section on Page 3 (I'm not sure how current this document is, but it looks like most cruise docs should be available for you to print on your own).

CRUISE DOCUMENTS Introducing Holland America Line Express Docs Eco-friendly Cruise Documents. Preparing for your Holland America Line cruise is now easier, faster and more convenient than ever. With Express Docs, your cruise documents are available up to 60 days before your cruise departure date, and you can print part – or all – of your Express Docs when it’s most convenient for you, 24/7. This includes your boarding pass, itinerary, any applicable vouchers, and if you booked air with Holland America Line, air travel information. Your information is encrypted, secure, easily updated and ready to email or print for yourself, family and friends as often as you wish. No more waiting for printed cruise documents. What’s more, since our eco-friendly cruise documents are delivered electronically, they help save paper and conserve precious fossil fuels. Visit www.hollandamerica.com/ExpressDocsFAQs for more information. To learn more about Holland America Line’s ongoing commitment to environmental stewardship and conservation in all of our operations, visit www.hollandamerica.com/sustainability.

Paper Documents: Guests who receive paper documents will find a complete set of documents for your trip in your Holland America Line document wallet. Your paper documents booklet contains your cruise ticket & contract, specific arrival information, vouchers (if applicable) and an itinerary tailored to your specific travel plans. Please review all of your documents, including the cruise contract, as they contain important information. (For your flight information, please see the PREPARING FOR YOUR FLIGHT section.)

• Like 1

Thank you Melly4Tea, that was what I was looking for and it works fine. We are traveling with four other couples and I have informed them as well.I was able to see the tours we booked that way.

Nice also that we can book the specialty dining too. Problem is for us our group is large and we will need to book together. One of our group is contacting HAL regarding our group and how to arrange in advance.If just Hubby and I, seems so easy to book specialty dining right on line.

• 2 weeks later...