Medallion app and it's problems

Wildcatllamas

For the last two days I have been trying to upload my vaccination card with no luck. I have deleted the app and reinstalled. I have tried taking a picture - nope. Using a photo in my drive file - nope. It just won't save. It keeps telling me to try again later. I have tried using wifi and cell. I even tried to use their web version of the app. So as to be polite I won't blame Princess, it must be Mercury Retrograde.

51 minutes ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I know. It has just been frustrating. So if anyone else was having the problem I was just providing a non-Princess reason for it 😉

😂 Well it really is moving slower!  Kind of you.

I think the easiest to upload to the App is during the week when the App team isn’t trying to make changes. Even the website had issues of ups and downs tjis weekend.  

Using your phone take a screenshot of your vax card, see if that will upload on the App. Try your partners phone also.

But, try it tmrw.  Or, as suggested just

show it at the port. 

All 8 cruises since the restart….I had to show the original vax card anyway.

Not worth the worry.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I've never been asked to show the app at check in. 

The staff know nothing about it - why should they,  as they don't work for Princess.

All of the information on the app goes into the medallion as far as I know. So that is all I have had to show at check in

Just now, memoak said:

All of the information on the app goes into the medallion as far as I know. So that is all I have had to show at check in

No, the Medallion contains no information at all. 

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

No, the Medallion contains no information at all. 

It contains your cabin number, your drink plan etc.  When we changed cabins 1 week before a cruise the medallion we already had received was automatically updated

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

It contains your cabin number, your drink plan etc.  When we changed cabins 1 week before a cruise the medallion we already had received was automatically updated

I repeat, the Medallion does not hold any information. It links to the on board computer where all the information is stored. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

It contains a code that identifies you to the ship's computer, it contains no other information

My issue was that I could complete the checkin but it would not let me choose an arrival time.  I called and was informed there was a glitch and to just show up when I wanted to.  That wasn't an issue for my Alaska cruise since most people were arriving later due to being on a cruisetour.  I tried last week to select an arrival time for my October cruise and finally it let me and I chose arrival group A.  My problem is I then tried for my November Hawaii cruise and there weren't any group A spots available only B & C,  I called medallion support and explained I shouldn't be penalized because their application wasn't working and requested they put me in arrival group A which still hasn't happened.  The need to be in group A was to be able to reserve sanctuary days.  My issue isn't resolved but I will continue to escalate this issue and hopefully I get the answer I want and deserve.

5 hours ago, gerig said:

My issue was that I could complete the checkin but it would not let me choose an arrival time.  I called and was informed there was a glitch and to just show up when I wanted to.  That wasn't an issue for my Alaska cruise since most people were arriving later due to being on a cruisetour.  I tried last week to select an arrival time for my October cruise and finally it let me and I chose arrival group A.  My problem is I then tried for my November Hawaii cruise and there weren't any group A spots available only B & C,  I called medallion support and explained I shouldn't be penalized because their application wasn't working and requested they put me in arrival group A which still hasn't happened.  The need to be in group A was to be able to reserve sanctuary days.  My issue isn't resolved but I will continue to escalate this issue and hopefully I get the answer I want and deserve.

You have a want not a need.  You think you "deserve" special treatment?

And you are ignoring the good advice they gave you. Just show up when you want to.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NownZen said:

You have a want not a need.  You think you "deserve" special treatment?

And you are ignoring the good advice they gave you. Just show up when you want to.

Why are you attacking me?  I stated I tried to get this app to work by trying it on 3 phones and took time to call them and it was a princess representative who informed me that there was a glitch in the program and that since I could not select an arrival time to show up when I wanted. Your reply is definitely uncalled for.

• Like 2

Fortunately, the ship runs better than the Medallion App.  Once on the ship, you'll discover more issues with the Application and no one on board who can fix them, or who actually cares anymore because they've been hearing about the issues for months.  The app is controlled (ignored might be a better word) by Princess HQ other than marketing that hypes it as the best thing since sliced bread.

Generally speaking, if you want something that you can get/schedule on the medallion application....just do it the old way....ignore the application and you'll be a happier cruiser.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Fortunately, the ship runs better than the Medallion App.  Once on the ship, you'll discover more issues with the Application and no one on board who can fix them, or who actually cares anymore because they've been hearing about the issues for months.  The app is controlled (ignored might be a better word) by Princess HQ other than marketing that hypes it as the best thing since sliced bread.

Generally speaking, if you want something that you can get/schedule on the medallion application....just do it the old way....ignore the application and you'll be a happier cruiser.

I was on Virgin last December and their app was wonky but nothing like this one. And they are the new kid on the block.

Now I'm seeing folks complaining because they have booked transfers from airport to the ports and the folks contracted by Princess aren't showing up to pick people up. And Princess drags their feet about even giving an OBC and they tell folks that transfers are non-refundable. This will be an interesting cruise in 5 days.