Why IS There Still No Celebrity Meet & Mingle Sign up Board ?

mcrcruiser

It started feeling like a routine chore for the staff and we stopped going a few years ago when they limited the time to 30 minutes.    People came sat down, CD came got the  mic working, said the Welcome speech, introduced a few Officers, Captain said a few words.  CD, Captain & officers left telling the group feel free to stay and chat you have the room for 10 more minutes then they will be setting up for the next activity.   Everyone left.  No Q & A with officers,  no gift exchange, no updates or sign up for cabin crawl, slot pulls, bridge, etc

We find the sail away gatherings with the Roll Call a much better opportunity to actually meet and talk to those we have been communicating with.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Then it seems to me that this is not a temporary discontinuance but more permanent  . 

Now what will people do if they decide to do a  roll call Meet &  Greet . Should they contact the  ship events coordinator with Celebrity to set up a place on the ship with light refreshments   ?   

I do a lot of Fun slot Pulls & Fun Craps Rolls on  the cruises that I am booked on as well as Meet & Greets ;which I do on many cruise lines   .On other lines it is easy to accomplish these activities . Why is it so hard on Celebrity ships ?