Bailey's Not Included?

JamieLogical

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I'm confused.  You don't like Bulleit?  I'm guessing that the "included" would be Jim Beam, but you really don't want that, do you?  Jack Daniels is included, but that's not legally Kentucky Bourbon as I understand it.

Really don’t like Jim Beam (except for the Green Apple flavor) even though  it’s like 20 minutes from my house. Woodford Reserve or Angels Envy are two of my favorites along with Bradshaw and Lincoln. We live in the heart of the Bourbon Trail. 

4 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

Really don’t like Jim Beam (except for the Green Apple flavor) even though  it’s like 20 minutes from my house. Woodford Reserve or Angels Envy are two of my favorites along with Bradshaw and Lincoln. We live in the heart of the Bourbon Trail. 

You're past my pay grade, but if somebody flavors my whiskey they are asking for "trouble."  Are those others on the radar on a cruise ship?  I know that Bulleit is and it used to not have an upcharge.  DW is likely happy that it does now. 🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, palpieha said:

The standard NCL package includes drinks up to $15, the same as the upgraded package on Celebrity. The difference is that Bailey's costs $1 more on NCL than on Celebrity. If you drink 10 Bailey's a day, on NCL it would cost you $12/day over the standard package.

The standard package on NCL needs to cover up to 15 vs the standard package on Celebrity because the drink prices on NCL are inflated price wise compared to their competition.  NCL charges 16 for Bailey's.  Celebrity charges 10.  Just saw it on a menu on the Infinity on YouTube from Parodeejay.

You also forgot to mention of course that bottled still and sparkling water as well as all espresso based drinks are included with even the basic package on Celebrity, whereas you need to upgrade on NCL in order to get these inclusions.  The upgraded program on NCL is nice for those high end champagne drinkers or for those who wish to consume full bottles of lower end stuff.  But you're blowing smoke if you think the NCL basic package is better than the Celebrity basic package.

My wife said you should blame me for the price increase for Baileys. Seven days on the Breakaway last November with an occupancy of 1400-1500 that is all I drank for seven days in the Haven Bar and O’Sheehans. After the first hour at each bar I was not getting one shot. The bartenders were filling the glass completely. This went on for seven days. Tip good and the Bartenders will take care of you.  NCL probably feels that most of the people on that cruise drink Baileys so RAISE the price. SORRY. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The standard package on NCL needs to cover up to 15 vs the standard package on Celebrity because the drink prices on NCL are inflated price wise compared to their competition.  NCL charges 16 for Bailey's.  Celebrity charges 10. `

but wasn't it disclosed in post #1 of this thread that "bailey's isn't included in [celebrity's] classic beverage package either, which only covers drinks up to $9."

doesn't matter what the price is or how much it's inflated on this cruise line or that or what the package price threshold is... if it's not included because it's a $1 more than the threshold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, whitsmom said:

We are sailing on POA in January and would like to know what bourbons are included in the regular drink package?  I do like Bailey's but doubt I will pay extra for it. 

You can find all bar menus of the POA here.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

Not on a cruise you can't. 

Please name one place with a captive audience that charges street price?   Not a baseball game, theme park, airline,  etc.  I'm not saying it's not a rip off.  I'm saying you're naive to expect it to be street price

Not the point. Were not talking street prices no one expects that. Bailys is not premium at all and not even $16 at the Ritz Carlton. What's included and what's not is becoming a game to see what they can get away with charging to lure you into another package. Don't forget if the drink package was not "FREE" 80% of the folks on CC would be on another cruise line cause there bar tab would be $2000 at the end of the cruise .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, detroitlions said:

Not the point. Were not talking street prices no one expects that. Bailys is not premium at all and not even $16 at the Ritz Carlton. What's included and what's not is becoming a game to see what they can get away with charging to lure you into another package. Don't forget if the drink package was not "FREE" 80% of the folks on CC would be on another cruise line cause there bar tab would be $2000 at the end of the cruise .

Hooo…..boy.  You obviously haven’t stayed at a Ritz Carlton lately.  Even a teeny shot of Jack Black will run you close to $20.

Anyway, if you buy drinks individually, they’re priced like they are at a resort.  Certainly not cheap.  If you have the drink package, your alcohol outlay is mitigated.  Personally, I think NCL’s included package is a pretty good deal.  For the roughly $20/day (tips), I can drink all the beer, alcohol and wine I want.  I’ve heard the wine selection is mediocre, but I’m not a wine drinker.  So, that doesn’t affect me.

I don’t keep a specific tab on my daily alcohol consumption, but it goes something like this…

-A.M. or early afternoon-Bloody Mary and/or Belini

-afternoon…..2, maybe 3 beers

-early evening…pre-dinner bourbon

-after dinner apertif

-Evening martini(s) and a Bourbon nightcap.

Roughly, $60+/ day at any decent establishment at home.

Mentioned before, I like Buffalo Trace.  I can’t even find Buffalo Trace at home….at any price……and I live right across the OH River from the Bourbon Trail.

I do like Celebrity’s drink package.  But, I pay more in fares for the entire cruise to get it.

You can’t just take one small component and try to do an apples to apples comparison.  Yeah, you may get something on one cruise line’s drink package you can’t on another. But, the fare on the cruise line is $800 more for you to get that one drink you want.

I do get Jamie’s point.  I would think that Bailey’s would be part of the regular drink package.  I do know the “bourbon cream” brands they carry on board in addition to Bailey’s are not nearly as good.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I do get Jamie’s point.  I would think that Bailey’s would be part of the regular drink package.  

Exactly!  And the fact that it isn't is just one more case of NCL doing what they are best at.

1 minute ago, PATRLR said:

Exactly!  And the fact that it isn't is just one more case of NCL doing what they are best at.

Yeah....but the last time I sailed Celebrity, I couldn't even get Buffalo Trace Bourbon, which is part of the regular NCL drink package.

So, I guess you can say if any of the cruise lines no longer offer your drink of choice, or puts it in a different category, they're shafting the guest.  For me, that's not the case.

I think it depends on the cruiser how they perceive it.  You get your drink, included in the drink package, it's all good.  If not, well....the cruise line is going to get slammed.

• Like 2

Hey as long as they keep the goose and patron in the $15 category it’s all good. But really, I would think that Grey Goose and Patron would cost NCL more money including it in the drink package then removing Bailey’s and Crown Royal. None of those drinks are premium especially in Canada where Crown Royal goes on sale often.

Even when we were in France this summer Grey Goose was considered premium and the pricing was equivalent to anywhere else you would get it. Patron even at duty free is not that cheap. 

16 hours ago, munchkin1208 said:

why are we spending so much time talking about the drink package that celebrity has? Im sailing NCL and am only concerned with their prices and menu"s. 

As a stock holder I thank you.  As well as the powers that be at NCL that hope that many other cruisers like yourself keep blinders on and are not educated as to what the competition offers.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 8:45 AM, munchkin1208 said:

why are we spending so much time talking about the drink package that celebrity has? Im sailing NCL and am only concerned with their prices and menu"s. 

There's a really good (not so good) reason for that...one of the posters is being forced, like robbed force, to cruise NCL, when they hate NCL, ergo NCL is the devil incarnate (in corporate flesh, not human). So we must endure their posts about how wonderful Celebrity is compared to our bad ole frankie boy-led NCL. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6