Dear Royal Up

1 hour ago, wikoffclan said:

I'm seeing these posts that state Royal Up was available more up to 60 days out. My request continues to say: 

Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered

I sail Nov. 3rd and all info (name and Reservation number) is correct. Any ideas/suggestions what may be going wrong? I did book direct with Royal --- no TA.

I'm getting the same message.  The only thing I could figure may be happening is that I just recently booked this cruise and perhaps my reservation is not in the system yet?

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Funny that Royal up’s happen that close.  Perhaps I don’t understand the concept.  I assumed the program was designed to free up rooms Royal could reasonably expect to be able to sell again while getting a few bucks more for ones they thought they couldn’t.  I would think 2 days before sailing, the chance of selling the lower category room would be slim to none.  I guess, depending on the bid, it’s still more revenue.  But seems kinda pointless.🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

The early acceptances move inventory and the late ones fill last minute vacancies 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, gloriason said:

I'm getting the same message.  The only thing I could figure may be happening is that I just recently booked this cruise and perhaps my reservation is not in the system yet?

I booked mine back in April. Maybe I need to just wait one more day? Just odd. Or maybe I need to wait for an email. Would be nice to upgrade from an inside, but I'll be happy with what I've got even if it doesn't happen. After all... I'll be on a cruise!!

55 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

The early acceptances move inventory and the late ones fill last minute vacancies 

That’s what I don’t understand.  How does a late move fill vacancies?  Say you get moved the day before you sail, there isn’t time to resell your vacated room.  In my case, they would have just given me access to the concierge lounge and unlimited happy hour and my old JS is now empty.  What am I missing?  NOT that I would turn it down!!!

11 hours ago, edrussell said:

We are 3 for 3 with Royal Up.

Got our upgrade on Oasis less than 48 hours before sail away last month.  She does play hard to get but sometimes you get 'lucky'.

I’m curious… did you bid a crazy high amount or the minimum on your royalup offerings.. signed.. still waiting, 38 days until sail date. 

12 hours ago, NeepierRoad said:

You never call, you never write.  Now all but one cabin is "sold out" and I haven't heard from you.  I mean if it's over, just let me know, I can handle it but to just leave me hanging is just mean.  Five days and counting.

Very truly yours, 

Desperately Seeking Upgrade 😢

Dear Desperate Neep,

Will you respect me in the morning?

Respectively, 

Royal Up

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, poocher said:

That’s what I don’t understand.  How does a late move fill vacancies?  Say you get moved the day before you sail, there isn’t time to resell your vacated room.  In my case, they would have just given me access to the concierge lounge and unlimited happy hour and my old JS is now empty.  What am I missing?  NOT that I would turn it down!!!

It’s not uncommon for someone to cancel at the last minute (especially now with Covid).  The cruise line can make more $ by accepting an upgrade bid.  At that point, they don’t care about selling the lower category the winner is vacating, they are just looking at the additional $$ for the bid.

ie, someone in a JS cancels one or two days before sailing.  They can move a balcony passenger to the JS, on OV to the balcony, and in Interior to the OV.  Selling the interior at that point is not the goal.  Getting the bid $ on the JS, Balcony and OV are the goal

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, poocher said:

At a few days before sailing, they likely have a limited number of vacant cabins and they may still have a limited number of unassigned gty bookings.  With RoyalUp, the company can make money even though  if the vacancies are suites and the unassigned bookings are inside gty.   The best bid on the suite is accepted, in this example leaving a JS vacant.  The best bid on a JS is accepted, in this example leaving a balcony vacant.  The best bid on a balcony is accepted, in this example leaving an OV vacant.  The best bid on the OV is accepted, leaving an inside vacant.  The inside gty can now be assigned the vacant cabin.  If they do not have any more inside gty’s , Royal can advertise them until the very last minute.   

My cruise is 32 days out.

There is a JS Guarantee

There are 8 Grand Suites available

There are 7 Owners Suites available

There is 1 Royal Suite available

I have bids in for everything above except the JS (before it went guarantee, I could see there were 6 available all at the aft - not my fave on Voyager class)

My bids are significantly above minimum but not considered strong.

Checking my emails every day.....

5 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Awesome! When do you sail?

On Sunday out of Port Canaveral on Harmony of the Seas.  I don't know what to do with all my free time since I don't have to continue to check my email or credit card charges obsessively anymore.  Gosh, I need a cruise.  Whew! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, NeepierRoad said:

On Sunday out of Port Canaveral on Harmony of the Seas.  I don't know what to do with all my free time since I don't have to continue to check my email or credit card charges obsessively anymore.  Gosh, I need a cruise.  Whew! 😆

So Royal Up IS taking you to the Prom!

Congrats!  I hope you have a great time.  Can I ask... what did you upgrade to?  Or don't you kiss and tell?

Edited by PWP-001
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2022 at 6:41 PM, gloriason said:

I was finally able to access the Royal Up online process by downloading the FireFox browser. Would not work with either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Installed the FireFox app on my phone and was able to see the offers. (Radiance OTS - 11/3/22) $40/pp for Ocean view, $55/pp for Spacious Ocean view, $60/pp Ultra Spacious Ocean View (Family cabin), $85/pp Ocean View Balcony and $100/pp Spacious Ocean View Balcony.

Sailing solo and have to pay for 2, so I think I'll just stick with my Interior and enjoy the peace and darkness 🤣 I can usually find some quiet reading nook on most ships. I basically booked this trip to get my last few points to get to Diamond before my husband and I sail in December. Darn Covid interfered in that department.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 6:59 PM, Tree_skier said:

5 cruises so far since covid restart and I haven't won a single one yet.  Two were weak bids but two were considered strong.  Apparently I'm just unlucky!

We won 1 out of multiple cruises since restart. Have actually upgraded prior to cruise for less than the bid amount as well and withdrew my bid lol.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure Royal Up is the way to go these days. Right after the restart I was able to get a good deal on a JS using RU. But now when I check the price on an upgrade on my upcoming cruises, the price is way lower than the lowest bid price on Royal Up. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I'm not so sure Royal Up is the way to go these days. Right after the restart I was able to get a good deal on a JS using RU. But now when I check the price on an upgrade on my upcoming cruises, the price is way lower than the lowest bid price on Royal Up. 

Agreed that’s why when I see it lower I just call in and upgrade myself. The other ones are normally because the categories are already sold out.

• Like 1

Unfortunately they won’t let you upgrade after final payment at the current fare.  They will upgrade you, at an additional premium over the current new booking fare.  I tried twice — once the current fare for an OV was lower than I paid for an interior and they wanted $100 more to switch me and the second time the fare was $50 more than I paid for 2 categories above, and they wanted $250.  Which makes me think I won’t book in advance anymore.  I’m fine with no obc for lower fares after final payment, but don’t like not being able to upgrade anymore at current pricing.

On 10/4/2022 at 7:04 PM, poocher said:

Funny that Royal up’s happen that close.  Perhaps I don’t understand the concept.  I assumed the program was designed to free up rooms Royal could reasonably expect to be able to sell again while getting a few bucks more for ones they thought they couldn’t.  I would think 2 days before sailing, the chance of selling the lower category room would be slim to none.  I guess, depending on the bid, it’s still more revenue.  But seems kinda pointless.🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Not if you are upgrading from say an ocean view to a balcony. They can they make extra money upgrading those that bid on interior to oceanview to fill that cabin. As many upgrades they can accommodate = extra money 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1