Celebrity Wants Covid Test 2 days before sailing? How?

smvthecpanj

9 hours ago, smvthecpanj said:

Received notice for my Celebrity Apex cruise leaving October 29

from Rome that "guests MUST present a negative covid test

within 2 days."  If I "forget" to take the test when I go to check in am I screwed? 

Will Celebrity give me a complementary test when I check in?

Order the proctored test that you can get on the Celebrity website. Then you can do them two days before anywhere. Where you have an Internet connection. They take about 15 minutes.

5 hours ago, HBDave said:

@Jim-lain did Celebrity accept the OnPoint Results as a Supervised Test for boarding requirements? I'm scheduled for a Transatlantic at the end of October and would want to make sure they'd accept the test results. Thanks!

Yes they did

They will accept any Monitored test.   They didn't even take a second glance at the OnPoint results.     When we took it the proctored sent us the results while we were on the call with him and waited to make sure we had it before disconnecting.    We were done in less that 15 minutes total.    They didn't wait a full 15 minutes like e-med.     A bit after they hit the T line they had us  hold them up and they shot a picture of them for their records. 

We use the tests we received from the Government for our testing.   

8 hours ago, cangelmd said:

When did you do this? We have our Binax Now ready, but it would be great to get this taken care of before we even go to Civitevecchia.

My concern about the airport was that with demand drying up, they woukd just stop testing and not let people know.

This past May, for flights back to USA.

Edited by capsplace

Guest 4-2-N-8

Is there yet a date when Eastern Mediterranean cruises will no longer require any testing pre boarding  (i.e., for an 11-nighter Rome-to-Rome)? TY.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

I am not techie savvy with this home testing over the computer or phone. So please forgive me for asking. I was going to use Rapid Testing or Onpoint my son set up a camera and speaker as we didn't have one on our computer. He asked if I knew what type of system they use so here I am asking. Is it though zoom or do you just click a link in a email and there they are. 

16 hours ago, RichYak said:

What am I missing? Pre-cruise proctored tests have been required for nearly the entirety of the 2022 Mediterranean season. Why is getting a test done for this one TA out of Rome suddenly an issue?

Probably an issue for some people due to the steep decline in testing sites.   Online sites should help mitigate the problem.   Many older people are uncomfortable using the online sites.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pamkev said:

I am not techie savvy with this home testing over the computer or phone. So please forgive me for asking. I was going to use Rapid Testing or Onpoint my son set up a camera and speaker as we didn't have one on our computer. He asked if I knew what type of system they use so here I am asking. Is it though zoom or do you just click a link in a email and there they are. 

OnPoint uses Zoom

22 hours ago, pamkev said:

I have only used EMED tests and did it with my phone.  Your phone already has a camera.  EMED (and I'm sure the others) have a website which will instruct you what to do.  You do have to set up your email and have a password(with EMED anyway).  When you are ready to do the test you sign on, and an agent will take you through the rest of the process.  I definitely recommend doing a "practice" test at home so you know how the process works.  Once you do that you'll see just how easy it is.