Celebrity Wants Covid Test 2 days before sailing? How?

smvthecpanj

Received notice for my Celebrity Apex cruise leaving October 29

from Rome that "guests MUST present a negative covid test

within 2 days."  If I "forget" to take the test when I go to check in am I screwed? 

Will Celebrity give me a complementary test when I check in?

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

The problem is for people who spend more than 2 days traveling and can't be tested at their local testing site. Many are in that situation on a TA that leaves from a European port. IMHO: The proctored test requirement should be removed!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Testing Upon Arrival FCO

Here is the best option I have found (20 Euro) for those arriving in Rome:

Test areas at the airport - AEROPORTI DI ROMA

Terminal 3 Arrivals 

At the Terminal 3 arrivals test area all passengers departing from or arriving at Fiumicino can use the Covid testing service for a lower cost than normal, thanks to an agreement signed between Aeroporti di Roma and the Spallanzani Institute:

•    20 euros for antigen tests.
•    69.88 euros for molecular PCR tests, the result of the swab can be collected in person at the airport.

Please note:
1. Access to the testing area is only permitted for passengers in possession of a ticket and staff in possession of an airport badge
2. The service will be guaranteed for rapid antigen tests from 06:00 to 17:00. 
3. The service will be guaranteed for PCR swabs from 08:00 to 16:00.

Priority is given to departing passengers ahead of arriving passengers.
Passengers with departing flights should arrive well in advance of the check-in opening time as there may be delays during processing. In the event of congestion, the times indicated in points 2 and 3 may be reduced and could result in an earlier closure of the service.
Payment for the tests can be made at the airport by credit card, debit card or directly from a smartphone, using contactless payment applications.
To access the service, simply pre-register online at https://www.adr.it/form-preaccettazione and go directly to the Testing Area at the airport to make your payment. Pre-registration does not constitute a reservation of the service but saves time for administrative operations.

For additional information on the test at the airport, you can contact the active telephone number, from 08:00 to 20:00 every day including holidays: +39 3792068998 or send an email to: refertiadr@inmi.it

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Orator said:

The problem is for people who spend more than 2 days traveling and can't be tested at their local testing site. Many are in that situation on a TA that leaves from a European port. IMHO: The proctored test requirement should be removed!

Not sure where one would be that is more than a two day travel to Rome, but in such case, there are still options for both in person and proctored self tests before boarding.

I'm on one of the WB TAs as well, and have plans in place to test while in Barcelona.  Yes, it would be nice not to have to deal with it this way, but I suspect nothing in this protocol will change this month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bring some self-tests and arrange for online proctoring. I used the BinaxNow tests (available from a link on Celebrity's requirements page) twice in the last two months for required tests. I'm kinda a tech idiot, and it was easy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Bring some self-tests and arrange for online proctoring. I used the BinaxNow tests (available from a link on Celebrity's requirements page) twice in the last two months for required tests. I'm kinda a tech idiot, and it was easy.

Good suggestion. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

There is a sticky at the top with lots of info.  You can use a protoring service like OnPoint or Rapidtestandtrace.com that cost in the $15 area and use ANY government approved test including the free tests sent out in Canada and the US or virtually all tests sold at pharmacies all over the World.

We tested from our hotel in Iceland.  No waiting in line and inexpensive.

• Thanks 1

You must have a test in order to board and NO Celebrity will not be performing them for a fee or free at the port.

I would do a virtual proctored test.  EMed is probably the most common.    You can do it using your Cell Phone, Pad or Computer.  

OnPoint allows you to use any commercial test even they ones you got in the mail and you do the proctoring via Zoom   They allow up to 4 people to test at the same time but each has to sign up and pay for their individual test.

I used OnPoint last month and found them very efficient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, capsplace said:

The above post about the testing site at Rome FCO is a great option.  We registered in advance and were finished within 20 minutes.

When did you do this? We have our Binax Now ready, but it would be great to get this taken care of before we even go to Civitevecchia.

My concern about the airport was that with demand drying up, they woukd just stop testing and not let people know.

We are sailing on the Edge next week, Friday Oct 14, 10 nighter out of Rome.  Our tests can be self administered, all we need to show as proof is a picture of the neg test.  So, we have the free tests the government sent us, and will use them the day before we sail.  Easy, peasy.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We used https://lifecenters.ca/ when we were in Copenhagen and used the self test our government is handing out 

it was $25 for two people 

and had the certificate in my inbox in 5 mins 

So glad to hear this.  We booked with these people in July and a week before we sailed, Azamara dropped the requirement.  We are now set to use them again.  You can't beat $25 CDN for 2.  i was just a little worried about how long it took to get the confirmation.

3 hours ago, Orator said:

Yet thousands and thousands of people have figured out how to get tested in Rome or somewhere nearby.

Just do it online or go to a pharmacy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

When did you do this? We have our Binax Now ready, but it would be great to get this taken care of before we even go to Civitevecchia.

My concern about the airport was that with demand drying up, they woukd just stop testing and not let people know.

A valid and very real concern.  Iceland went from over 75 testing sites in February to two by July. The proctored tests can be done from anywhere- even on an ✈️

• Thanks 1

We will be in Civitevecchia for 3 days. On a TA so a supervised test is required. Will bring the Binax supervised self-test and do it on line at the hotel. I’ll bring 2 as back up and will self-test prior. 

Celebrity has been Very proactive informing all what is required so the ‘I forgot’ wont work. And there are so many options. This is very easy to take care of and most of us have done this for other cruises and other situations, so shouldn’t be an issue except your dont want to do it which is understandable, but not in play.

Den

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You must have a test in order to board and NO Celebrity will not be performing them for a fee or free at the port.

I would do a virtual proctored test.  EMed is probably the most common.    You can do it using your Cell Phone, Pad or Computer.  

OnPoint allows you to use any commercial test even they ones you got in the mail and you do the proctoring via Zoom   They allow up to 4 people to test at the same time but each has to sign up and pay for their individual test.

I used OnPoint last month and found them very efficient.

@Jim-lain did Celebrity accept the OnPoint Results as a Supervised Test for boarding requirements? I'm scheduled for a Transatlantic at the end of October and would want to make sure they'd accept the test results. Thanks!

7 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

We are also sailing on this TA, and this is what we are using. I am bringing four tests with meds a just in case. Ive not used these but friends that are also sailing on this TA have. they said the test and call in are easy peasy. See you on board

• Like 1