New to MSC

asalligo

Good afternoon, we will be taking an MSC cruise in January and I am trying to determine what I might not know and am reading all I can find. We are platinum on Carnival and have cruised all major cruise lines except Costa. I am trying to find the gaps in my knowledge. 

I already see that they will match my status at Carnival and have uploaded my request, but I only just saw that I may have been able to get a discount if done first, but too late now. Already booked. 

Paid shows? I see that some shows are for a fee. Are there other stage shows for free also? 

What am I really missing by not upgrading to Fantastica from Bella? Free in room dining? Does that mean that room service is not available or for a fee without Fantastica? 

Looks like boarding is scheduled like Carnival and I assume I will be able to pick or get assigned a time at the 20 day check in date? 

We don't drink much and unless excursions are very different on MSC, we seldom do those anymore. 

Looking for any advice on what I might need to know. I have a balcony booked on Meraviglia and am just with Bella right now. 

Thanks

Bella -  cannot choose cabin - you said you had Bella booked - do you have a cabin #?

Main stage shows - free. 
Bella - room service has a fee but never use it so cannot help you there. 
We seleom do excursions either, we enjoy the ship(s), Meraviglia is beautiful, have cruised on her several times. 

• Like 1

When we booked prior to receiving our status match, they gave us our 5% discount in the form of OBC.  Worth asking about.  Shows in the main theater are complimentary.  I understand they are some pay-per-view shows but we haven't seen them.  As for accommodations, we feel Yacht Club is the best fit for us so I can't comment on your cabin questions.  I will say, MSC is our new go-to cruise line.

• Like 1

I realize I put Balcony above out of habit. It will be an interior they choose. This is also something we have only done once and somewhat of an experiment. Is cruising worth it at the lowest price? No frills no extras, no extra spending on board. 

My first time on MSC too.  I’ll be on the 1-22-23 7 day out of Canaveral.  

I booked before I got my status update. And got my 5% after the fact.  

I went with a balcony.  Couldn’t pass up this cruise for 850.00 for the week as a solo.     and also got 200 OBC.    

im curious about the room service as I’m fantastica.      

We are sailing on Mera again in January. Just off Divina a couple days ago, again a wonderful cruise. Hope you enjoy MSC as much as we do.

Also with Bella you cannot choose Dining time but when we have sailed that category we have always been able to change time/table once on board. 

• Like 1

I just booked a cruise for December and I created an account and got a Voyagers number before I booked.  Should I get the 5% discount?  If so, do I just call them and ask for it?  I also submitted my info for my Royal Caribbean membership and MSC now has me as a Silver member, which is very cool.  The MSC Meraviglia looks like a beautiful ship!  We are looking forward to the cruise.  Like a previous  poster, we booked a Bella guarantee inside cabin with nothing added -- no excursions or drink packages or anything.  

And while I'm asking questions (LOL!), I understand that there is more than one complimentary dining room.  Are you assigned a time and a specific room, or is this something you can change each day like Norwegian's "freestyle" where you just show up in any dining room when you want to?  Thanks in advance!    🙂 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 9:26 PM, asalligo said:

I realize I put Balcony above out of habit. It will be an interior they choose. This is also something we have only done once and somewhat of an experiment. Is cruising worth it at the lowest price? No frills no extras, no extra spending on board. 

...Then, more cruises at same time frame, possibly. I'm just wondering how wonderful would it be if I lived near a main cruise port here in Europe, like Barcelona (or if we had direct reliable and affordable high speed trains from Lisbon to Barcelona...) with cruises going pretty much 365 days per year?... I surely wouldn't live inside a cruise ship year round, nor I would like to do so, but certainly a good portion of my winter months would be at cruise ships, for sure!... Wonderful basic "Bella" prices out there that season, usually, so it would even to be cheaper to stay aboard than at home, considering that the cruise price includes the ship's inside heating, so little to no electric or gas spending for home heating for the week! Inside Bella would be my choice, with a nonalcoholic package paid apart, or the Easy one from promotional, if cheaper than Bella+nonalcoholic!... And let us to see the seas "fly" by!...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

I just booked a cruise for December and I created an account and got a Voyagers number before I booked.  Should I get the 5% discount?  If so, do I just call them and ask for it?  I also submitted my info for my Royal Caribbean membership and MSC now has me as a Silver member, which is very cool.  The MSC Meraviglia looks like a beautiful ship!  We are looking forward to the cruise.  Like a previous  poster, we booked a Bella guarantee inside cabin with nothing added -- no excursions or drink packages or anything.  

And while I'm asking questions (LOL!), I understand that there is more than one complimentary dining room.  Are you assigned a time and a specific room, or is this something you can change each day like Norwegian's "freestyle" where you just show up in any dining room when you want to?  Thanks in advance!    🙂 

You will get 5% starting from the second cruise. 

I called MSC yesterday to pull something off a saved booking, and was dreading it after reading horror stories about customer service.

Absolutely no concern. Called and was directly connected to an operator with no issues or wait. Perfectly easy conversation with everything panning out as planned. 

Makes me excited for my cruise in June 2023. I’m fairly easy going in general, but I think the “people only leave reviews to complain” is fairly accurate. 

To be honest, I was half reading this thread as I watched TV and thought I saw someone write about customer service. If I’m way off course on the topic here, my apologies. It still rings true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DMac1983 said:

I called MSC yesterday to pull something off a saved booking, and was dreading it after reading horror stories about customer service.

Absolutely no concern. Called and was directly connected to an operator with no issues or wait. Perfectly easy conversation with everything panning out as planned. 

Makes me excited for my cruise in June 2023. I’m fairly easy going in general, but I think the “people only leave reviews to complain” is fairly accurate. 

To be honest, I was half reading this thread as I watched TV and thought I saw someone write about customer service. If I’m way off course on the topic here, my apologies. It still rings true.

I’ve had nothing but great contacts with CS calls.    Every person I’ve spoke with was awesome.     
I think the bad reviews are just people that didn’t get what they thought they should get.      
couldn’t be happier with their cs.    Can’t wait for my first msc cruise January 2023

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 11:26 PM, asalligo said:

If you're really into cruising you'll enjoy any cruise.  If you like to spend hours on your balcony or are claustrophobic you might not like an interior room.  Remember that the rest of the cruise outside of your room is the same whatever level room you chose and paid for (except suites of course!).

4 minutes ago, hlperez said:

If you're really into cruising you'll enjoy any cruise.  If you like to spend hours on your balcony or are claustrophobic you might not like an interior room.  Remember that the rest of the cruise outside of your room is the same whatever level room you chose and paid for (except suites of course!).

🥺 Yacht Club ist different I guess with priority on the elevators.

4 minutes ago, hlperez said:

If you like to spend hours on your balcony or are claustrophobic you might not like an interior room. 

No matter if interior, oceanview or balcony, the different size is definitely an argument. Especially when cruising with friends or family. Hanging around in a 17 m² and a 25 m² cabin is a huge difference. 

Hello all. 
sailing with disabled mom in less than two weeks.  We are loyal to RCCL so this will be a total clean slate to see what MSC is offering.  

We have a Fantastica / Balcony  not sure what that even means..   (accessible room is not needed but we will have a folding wheelchair). 3 pack trilogy dining, but not sure even how siding works as it says rarely but they are giving a window.  Does that mean I can go anytime between 5:30-7:15? 

Need to do crash course in offerings, accessibility at Their private island and more…   Any insight to share is gladly welcomed.  thanks!!!!