Observations From the Poop Deck Seashore October

morpheusofthesea

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I was in the Manhattan Dining Room and the eggplant Parmesan, Rack of Lamb, and Royal cake were very good. I asked for a lobster tail with with lamb and unfortunately it was terrible; so mushy and mealy that I didn't finish it. 

That would never stop me. I would call the waiter over and ask him to take this loser back and bring the winner.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, travelwide said:

Looking forward to January on the Seascape. Do they know who will be HD and YCD on it. I thought Yannis was supposed to be. Love the menu.

I think you must of missed my answering your previous question in post #42. Yannis is HD. We spoke to him directly and he said he was going to Seascape as HD. DW says she 'heard' it was Ronnie Sherrif is supposed to be YC director ? Will ask tomorrow if we see Hugh Gibb around. Discovered that these higher ups like 'to hide out' because many are always looking for special favors.

This is interesting about the entertainment groups that one finds aboard cruise ships in general. We experienced this on NCL Breakaway some years ago. In speaking with the entertainers we discovered that those in groups applied for jobs individually with the respective cruise lines. The hiring agent says to them we are looking for a band, if you want the job you all have to work together and make it work. In speaking with Celia today ( she was rehearsing in the Le Cabaret Rouge and we interrupted her unintentionally) she is very nice and the lead singer in the group "Off the Record On the Rocks". We took this opportunity to find out more about the group and if we will be seeing her and the group on the Seascape. The group was thrown together for or by MSC and at the end of their contracts they all go their separate ways again.

7 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"The group was thrown together for or by MSC and at the end of their contracts they all go their separate ways again."

That is rather disappointing. I thought they had come to MSC as a pre-existing group.

Instead, they were manufactured like the Monkees, Spice Girls, and others.

Edited by no1talks
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I think you must of missed my answering your previous question in post #42. Yannis is HD. We spoke to him directly and he said he was going to Seascape as HD. DW says she 'heard' it was Ronnie Sherrif is supposed to be YC director ? Will ask tomorrow if we see Hugh Gibb around. Discovered that these higher ups like 'to hide out' because many are always looking for special favors.

Yes, I saw it but I thought you meant on the one you are on now. When will Yannis go on vacation if he will be on Seascape when it arrives in U.S. He was on with us in May.  He should be ready for one.🙂🥂

16 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yannis is Hotel Director and Ronnie Sherrif is YC. YC perks are really only one, but was told in confidence so let us just say it will be appreciated by YCers.

Edited by JAGR

11 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

That would never stop me. I would call the waiter over and ask him to take this loser back and bring the winner.

This happened to DH on Divina, only the opposite.  His lobster tail was raw !  He sent it back three times, till they finally got it right.

What was disappointing, however, was that our waiter the next day had an attitude (he was sulking).  We didn't blame him, it wasn't his fault.  But he seemed to take it personally.

2 hours ago, travelwide said:

Yes, I saw it but I thought you meant on the one you are on now. When will Yannis go on vacation if he will be on Seascape when it arrives in U.S. He was on with us in May.  He should be ready for one.🙂🥂

Yannis is gone months ago. He must already be on the Seascape. Head Butler of the YC was Mr. Balla's lieutenant Kunal who has also left the Seashore and is already on board the Seascape in the same role, Head Butler.

1 hour ago, mafig said:

What was disappointing, however, was that our waiter the next day had an attitude (he was sulking).  We didn't blame him, it wasn't his fault.  But he seemed to take it personally.

Similar circumstance happened just yesterday at breakfast. Our waiter brought my standard order of donuts. Took one bite and thought it was a bagel with sugar glaze. Brought me other danish instead, but said he would have it rectified. This morning the donuts were the delight I have come to expect.

41 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Similar circumstance happened just yesterday at breakfast. Our waiter brought my standard order of donuts. Took one bite and thought it was a bagel with sugar glaze. Brought me other danish instead, but said he would have it rectified. This morning the donuts were the delight I have come to expect.

Would love to see a pic of these donuts… I think I missed these somehow. 

This morning at breakfast DW noticed a gentleman filming downstairs in the Top Sail Lounge at 7:30 am. Perhaps early so as not to disturb the guests. We ran into him at the elevators and asked him what he was filming for? Turns out it is for MSC commercials, then he immediately apologizes to us for his filming. Thought nothing of it until he left in the elevator and noticed signs posted "PHOTO SHOOTING" and DW brought my attention to our daily Planner "Important to Know TV Shooting/Filming We will be filming around the ship today. If you do not wish to be featured, please advise the television crew when they are filming."  Good thing I'm on this cruise with my wife .

16 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Just that the ‘vibe’ in September was apprehensive on the part of staff as to their futures. Most are gone now. Those that are here know their future course. Service has always been good in the YC nothing has changed. We appreciate having the expanded menu selection which began in September with the room service menus and now all MDR menus. Don’t remember ever being critical of service except for one gentleman in guests service deck 5 not taking the time to get DW a daily program to compare to YC.

Yes the perk just happened since September exclusive to YC guests and works ship wide.

I assume this perk applies to all YC ships and not just the ones you’re on? I’m on Mera in November and am really racking my brain as to what it could be 

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

IMG_1611.jpg

Didn't notice that last time you posted this picture!  Who set the table?  Your DW has the knife and fork both on her left!  Someone should be walking the plank! 😉

14 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Didn't notice that last time you posted this picture!  Who set the table?  Your DW has the knife and fork both on her left!  Someone should be walking the plank! 😉

Very perceptive. Cannot upload many of my photos, so went back a couple months to see if this photo of my plate of donuts would upload. I was shocked it did.

19 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Also table has been rotated 45 degrees now in the corner of the YC Restaurant and DW recleans plates and silverware with clorax wipes before the donuts are delivered. (OCD?)

57 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

I assume this perk applies to all YC ships and not just the ones you’re on? I’m on Mera in November and am really racking my brain as to what it could be 

Don"t know but will find out in December on Seascape.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

18 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This is interesting about the entertainment groups that one finds aboard cruise ships in general. We experienced this on NCL Breakaway some years ago. In speaking with the entertainers we discovered that those in groups applied for jobs individually with the respective cruise lines. The hiring agent says to them we are looking for a band, if you want the job you all have to work together and make it work. In speaking with Celia today ( she was rehearsing in the Le Cabaret Rouge and we interrupted her unintentionally) she is very nice and the lead singer in the group "Off the Record On the Rocks". We took this opportunity to find out more about the group and if we will be seeing her and the group on the Seascape. The group was thrown together for or by MSC and at the end of their contracts they all go their separate ways again.

11 hours ago, no1talks said:

That is rather disappointing. I thought they had come to MSC as a pre-existing group.

Instead, they were manufactured like the Monkees, Spice Girls, and others.

Perhaps they're having difficulty getting groups for contracts? On our flight to Genoa a few years ago, in front of us were a young man and young lady with a guitar. When we boarded the ship the next day, they were the duo entertaining in one of the lounges.

19 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

The group was thrown together for or by MSC and at the end of their contracts they all go their separate ways again.

This is neither unusual or exceptional for cruise ship entertainers from what I have learned cruising on other cruise lines.  An entertainment company is contracted by the cruise line and they recruit the entertainers and form whatever musical groups that are required.  

13 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I  can not keep a secret. I just love this new YC perk. YC key cards now bring elevators to YC guests and do not stop bringing its guest non stop to whatever deck they designate .

OoOoOoh well that’s nice. Do you scan your card at all the elevators, or just the front YC elevators?