covid tests?

thefog

22 minutes ago, thefog said:

leaving hawaii and cruise ends in Vancouver,do we still need too get tested before we board the ship in Hawaii?

Canada cancelled all their covid protocols.  On the other hand it your cruise is 10 days or more currently Royal seems to require a test.  When is your cruise?  Rules might change between now and then.

20 hours ago, njkruzer said:

On the other hand it your cruise is 10 days or more currently Royal seems to require a test.  

True.  But, the technical requirements are vary lax.  All you need to do now is bring a photo of a negative test.  And it doesn't have to be "Supervised".  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

True.  But, the technical requirements are vary lax.  All you need to do now is bring a photo of a negative test.  And it doesn't have to be "Supervised".  

Regardless of how "technical" the requirements are, if you show up without the required documentation, you will be denied boarding. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Canada cancelled all their covid protocols.  On the other hand it your cruise is 10 days or more currently Royal seems to require a test.  When is your cruise?  Rules might change between now and then.

11 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Regardless of how "technical" the requirements are, if you show up without the required documentation, you will be denied boarding. 

WOW, Okay.  Didn't mean to piss you off.

BTW, what are the "required Documents"?  A picture of a negative test, perhaps?  

Man, you can't expand on information in here without pissing someone off.  But, I'm up for it.

• Like 5

Just for popular consumptions:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-tests-are-accepted-where-to-submit-the-results

Accepted Tests for Cruises with No Stops in Bermuda

• The test you take can be professionally administered by a health professional, such as a doctor or pharmacist, or you can use a home test kit. Home test kits for these sailings are not required to be administered under live video supervision.
  • You will present the negative test result at the time of boarding. You can show it in the form of a printout, an email, or an app screen from the test provider. Or you can show a picture of your negative home test on your phone, or present the actual negative test itself.

Accepted Tests for Cruises with No Stops in Bermuda

• The test you take can be professionally administered by a health professional, such as a doctor or pharmacist, or you can use a home test kit. Home test kits for these sailings are not required to be administered under live video supervision.
  • You will present the negative test result at the time of boarding. You can show it in the form of a printout, an email, or an app screen from the test provider. Or you can show a picture of your negative home test on your phone, or present the actual negative test itself.

AND

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#united-states

Required testing for all guests, regardless of vaccination status, can be completed using any type of PCR or antigen test. It can be professionally proctored by a healthcare professional, such as your doctor or pharmacist, or you can use a home test kit. Home test kits are not required to be conducted under live video supervision. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

If you aren't sure what has been said in the thread, I would suggest you reread the posts.

Ummmm I did read all posts.  Maybe you can help me find it.  I don't see where anybody said what the requirements "will be in May".  I sure hope I didn't miss something.  That would be embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

No one can tell you what the requirements will be in May.  You need to wait until closer to your cruise.

3 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Ummmm I did read all posts.  Maybe you can help me find it.  I don't see where anybody said what the requirements "will be in May".  I sure hope I didn't miss something.  That would be embarrassing.

I have no idea what you are trying to get at.  I stand by what I said in my post, no one can tell the OP what the requirements will be in May, they need to wait until closer the their cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have no idea what you are trying to get at.  I stand by what I said in my post, no one can tell the OP what the requirements will be in May, they need to wait until closer the their cruise.

If that's all your intent was, I do apologize.  To me, it read as a criticism of my post where I used the words "Should", "Probably", and "I hope".  That's where I was going to retort if you quoted me.  But, again, if your post had pure intent and not meant to criticize or attack, I apologize.  And you are 100% right.  It's been an active night in here for me.  I'm enjoying it though.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

If that's all your intent was, I do apologize.  To me, it read as a criticism of my post where I used the words "Should", "Probably", and "I hope".  That's where I was going to retort if you quoted me.  But, again, if your post had pure intent and not meant to criticize or attack, I apologize.  And you are 100% right.  It's been an active night in here for me.  I'm enjoying it though.  

LOL  We posted at the same time, look at the timestamps, they are one minute away from each other, I never even saw your post.  I replied to the OP, not you, as this is not about you.

21 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

LOL  We posted at the same time, look at the timestamps, they are one minute away from each other, I never even saw your post.  I replied to the OP, not you, as this is not about you.

Okay.  Apology accepted I assume.  

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Agreed.

3 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Man, you can't expand on information in here without pissing someone off.  But, I'm up for it.

I don't think he was answering in a pissed off way. There are still different requirements depending on the cruise. We have a TP cruise and need to test (more than 10 days) but it still has to be monitored.

4 hours ago, thefog said:

May 3rd till the 11th.

3 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Oh ya, you should be good by then.  Probably absolutely no COVID requirements by then.  Back to the "old normal", I hope.

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

No one can tell you what the requirements will be in May.  You need to wait until closer to your cruise.

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

Who said what the requirements will be in May?  

🤣🤣🤣  You did. According to the post you responded to you said thefog should be ok. Since he is cruising in May

you therefore are saying what the May requirements will be. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤣🤣🤣  You did. According to the post you responded to you said thefog should be ok. Since he is cruising in May

you therefore are saying what the May requirements will be. 

No, what I said was not a statement of fact.  Geeeeesh.  I said, "should", "probably" and "hope".  That's not a statement in fact.  It's an opinion, a wish, anything but a statement of fact.  To think or interpret otherwise is just plain wrong or wishful thinking.

Here it is: "Oh ya, you should be good by then.  Probably absolutely no COVID requirements by then.  Back to the "old normal", I hope".  Where is the definitive statement?

Just trying to give the guy/gal hope for a better future albeit a little thing.  Man, I just can't get over how far too many people miss-interpret things in here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Agreed.

I don't think he was answering in a pissed off way. There are still different requirements depending on the cruise. We have a TP cruise and need to test (more than 10 days) but it still has to be monitored.

The OP referenced leaving Hawaii (a U.S. Port that has no testing requirement for less than 10 night cruises) going to Vancouver (a Canadian Port that has no testing requirement anymore).  And it's not a 10 night cruise.  So, if nothing is required right now, except for the ArriveCan app, there is no logical reason to believe that there is going to be any testing requirements in May, I think we've learned our lesson.  Your TP cruise is different and has nothing to do with the OPs cruise.

And whether he was pissed or not is a matter of perception and opinion.  I felt and still do feel that it was an argumentative/angry/pissed off, you can pick which one you want, response.

Again, I never made a definitive, declarative, or certainty type answer.  It was my feelings, my hope, my guess.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ret MP said:

like the Line from the Movie "Stripes"...."And That"s the Fact Jack"

• Haha 1