February Cruise

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2022 at 10:22 PM, bt6799 said:

Anyone have thoughts on water temp at Coco Cay water park in late Feb?

If you swim in the northeast US in the summer you will find the Bahamas in the winter to be no problem at all. I've swam there many times in the winter and found it to be very comfortable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2022 at 8:02 PM, LAWISE5210@AOL.COM said:

We have booked our cruise February 23rd -March 3rd from Baltimore. Enchantment of the Seas  8 nights. Charleston, SC. Orlando, FL (Port Canaveral) Grand Bahamas, Bahamas & CocoCay, Bahamas. So excited.

Cruise #7

What kind of clothes should we pack.? Shorts, leggings & jeans? Please help.

6 minutes ago, LAWISE5210@AOL.COM said:

What kind of clothes should we pack.? Shorts, leggings & jeans? Please help.

Generally you should be fine with shorts and sun dresses. But given that Baltimore will be cold, you'll obviously want a warm outfit for the days you're coming and going from there. If it rains on the islands, it's usually a warm rain, so while it's unpleasant to be in the actual rain, you're not gonna freeze. Maybe bring a light jacket for being outside on deck at night, one pair of leggings or a long sleeve shirt (again, for being on deck at night), but otherwise I'd pack summer clothing.

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Generally you should be fine with shorts and sun dresses. But given that Baltimore will be cold, you'll obviously want a warm outfit for the days your coming and going from there. If it rains on the islands, it's usually a warm rain, so while it's unpleasant to be in the actual rain, you're not gonna freeze. Maybe bring a light jacket for being outside on deck at night, one pair of leggings or a long sleeve shirt (again, for being on deck at night), but otherwise I'd pack summer clothing.

I have been going back & forth with what I should bring.  Your message helps. This is my first time going in a colder month. Thanks

• Like 1

Baltimore will be cold in February.  Charlestown should be a little warmer but still should warrant cool weather clothing.  The further south you go the warmer it will be.  However, that being said, I pack long pants, more long sleeve dress shirts, short sleeve polo shirts.  My wife wears capri’s, jeans, long sleeve blouses, and always has at least a light sweater.

Similar to Alaska cruises, dressing in layers is usually the key. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

This topic made me smile, I guess feeling cold is very relative as to where one is from. We are from Sweden and Bahamas in February is still hotter than most Swedish summers 😁

That is so true.    We vacationed in Southern California last summer, late June.   We were wearing things like hoodies in the low-70's F (22C) weather.   My husband still grumbles about how cold it was.   
It did make a way to chat with other tourists.  We'd see people dressed like us and ask where they were from because we knew they weren't locals, and likely from the south.