On-Board Booking Credit

LymingtonLad

My wife and I booked a seven night cruise for the end of October during our last Cunard cruise in August.

We understand that as a result of booking on board we have the choice between free parking, transport to the ship, or a $150 per person on-board credit. We'd like to choose the credit, but we're unclear how to action this? We can't find any opportunity on the Cunard web site for this and time is now ticking!

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you.

You dont get those offers just because you booked onboard you can get them booking through any TA if the offer is current. What you get for booking onboard is extra onboard credit per person and the amount depends on length of cruise and which stateroom grade booked.

For a cruise of 6-9nts you get $100pp for booking inside/oceanview cabin, $150pp for balcony and $200 for a suite.

Your best bet is to ring Cunard direct and ask them what onboard credit is attached to your booking as it is added automatically you dont have to apply for it.

Edited by majortom10

31 minutes ago, LymingtonLad said:

My wife and I booked a seven night cruise for the end of October during our last Cunard cruise in August.

We understand that as a result of booking on board we have the choice between free parking, transport to the ship, or a $150 per person on-board credit. We'd like to choose the credit, but we're unclear how to action this? We can't find any opportunity on the Cunard web site for this and time is now ticking!

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you.

Ring them.

3 minutes ago, baw53 said:

Not just booking with a TA…I was offered the choice when I booked online direct with Cunard 2 months ago when I booked our up and coming Dec cruise on QV.

Yes you will be and if you book onboard you get extra onboard account as stated previously on top of what you choose with regards to free parking, free coach or onboard credit.

12 minutes ago, techteach said:

@majortom10 If we book a cruise on board, and then can’t do it, can we change the dates? We will want a cruise in 2025, if we book a 2024 cruise this December whilst on board, could we move it to a 2025 cruise without penalty and still receiving the additional obc?

Booking conditions seem to differ, US v UK but in August, I booked two trips with a  ridiculously low deposit and thus gaining the $400 onboard booking benefit [ pointedly called benefit ] in the full knowledge I could transfer them both once, without charge if I really needed to as long as the time element was observed. I immediately had the bookings transferred to my wonderful agent.

T&Cs might be different for a US onboard booking.

8 minutes ago, techteach said:

@Victoria2 Thanks for the example. It is exactly what I needed to know.

Just be aware, in my case, if the booked cruises were to be transferred under the 'one change' condition and within the imposed time constraint, the new booking had to be of  equal * or higher than the original booking.

Booking a '24 cruise to transfer to '25 would work under present UK T&Cs as long as the new booking was within one year of the transferred bookng.

How long this 'offer' will last is anyone's guess.

Good luck.

Edited by Victoria2
*value

6 minutes ago, techteach said:

@Victoria2 Maybe I should think of doing this on our July 4, 2023 cruise rather than December 2022.Thanks for the 1 year reminder.

The year runs from the date of the booked cruise, not the actual booking date but for you and others, it all depends if same offer is still on the table, and if the same T&Cs apply to you as a US passenger. You won't know until you ask so mull it over and ask at the Future Voyage Sales office. 

1 hour ago, techteach said:

@majortom10 If we book a cruise on board, and then can’t do it, can we change the dates? We will want a cruise in 2025, if we book a 2024 cruise this December whilst on board, could we move it to a 2025 cruise without penalty and still receiving the additional obc?

As a US citizen you could purchase FCD whilst onboard that you can use at a later date without the need of booking a cruise. Unfortunately for some reason Cunard have stopped UK cruiser's from booking FCDs whilst onboard and cannot even give me the decency of a reply telling me why they treat UK cruiser's different than US cruiser's when onboard.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Just be aware, in my case, if the booked cruises were to be transferred under the 'one change' condition and within the imposed time constraint, the new booking had to be of  equal * or higher than the original booking.

Booking a '24 cruise to transfer to '25 would work under present UK T&Cs as long as the new booking was within one year of the transferred bookng.

How long this 'offer' will last is anyone's guess.

Good luck.

So if T&Cs change before you cancel and move your booked 2024 cruise to 2025 you could possibly end up in having a 2024 cruise that you had no intention of booking and cannot transfer it to 2025. One hell of a risk to take. Like I said earlier it is easier if you are in the US just to purchase a FCD when next onboard and use it to book 2025 cruise and get the extra onboard benefit.

48 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

So if T&Cs change before you cancel and move your booked 2024 cruise to 2025 you could possibly end up in having a 2024 cruise that you had no intention of booking and cannot transfer it to 2025. One hell of a risk to take. Like I said earlier it is easier if you are in the US just to purchase a FCD when next onboard and use it to book 2025 cruise and get the extra onboard benefit.

If you read my post I did say 'Booking a '24 cruise to transfer to '25 would work under present UK T&Cs' and 'How long this 'offer' will last is anyone's guess'. 

UK T&Cs, not US T&Cs.

Those UK  T&Cs might change for future bookings but the UK T&Cs I described will have to be honoured and to be quite frank, the low deposit of £175 per booking for the $400 benefit is worth the punt so hardly 'one hell of a risk'. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

If you read my post I did say 'Booking a '24 cruise to transfer to '25 would work under present UK T&Cs' and 'How long this 'offer' will last is anyone's guess'. 

UK T&Cs, not US T&Cs.

Those UK  T&Cs might change for future bookings but the UK T&Cs I described will have to be honoured and to be quite frank, the low deposit of £175 per booking for the $400 benefit is worth the punt so hardly 'one hell of a risk'. 🙂

Yes I know what you said but like I said it is one hell of a risk to book a cruise in 2024 that you dont want to do just to change for 2025 when nobody knows if T&Cs will change prior to then in UK or US or both. I agree paying the £175 deposit for the extra benefits is a no brainer for US cruisers but unfortunately this has been taken away from UK cruisers. I have been trying to get a reason for this from Cunard since cruising restarted but to be honest I either get corporate clap trap or lies and eventually ignored when they cannot give an honest answer why this has happened. One thing for certain I shall have an interesting chat with Future Cruise Sales onboard QV at the end of the month about this.

18 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Yes I know what you said but like I said it is one hell of a risk to book a cruise in 2024 that you dont want to do just to change for 2025 when nobody knows if T&Cs will change prior to then in UK or US or both. I agree paying the £175 deposit for the extra benefits is a no brainer for US cruisers but unfortunately this has been taken away from UK cruisers. I have been trying to get a reason for this from Cunard since cruising restarted but to be honest I either get corporate clap trap or lies and eventually ignored when they cannot give an honest answer why this has happened. One thing for certain I shall have an interesting chat with Future Cruise Sales onboard QV at the end of the month about this.

I give up! It's not a risk!

What part of  T&Cs when booking must be honoured is hard to understand?

You really do have it in for Cunard if you won't accept that.

Edited by Victoria2

25 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I give up! It's not a risk!

What part of  T&Cs when booking must be honoured is hard to understand?

You really do have it in for Cunard if you won't accept that.

If you honestly believe that if in future Cunard change their T&Cs after you have made a booking and they will honour original T&C's then you are seriously mistaken. Been there done that and Cunard dont care about T&C's when you booked but what they are at the present time.

Major tom

I don’t believe I’m mistaken when taking these bookings at face value. I do believe you are so disillusioned with the company, you are willing to think the worst of them. 
I do hope you find out the reason behind the present FCD embargo for UK bookings. I have a  good idea why so it will be interesting to see if you find out something similar.

@majortom10 and @Victoria2 - I didn’t mean to cause a disturbance…thank you to both. We will just do the FCD. $175. for $400. is a good thing as Martha would say. So many people talk about the QV that I want to book a cruise on her. But, we already have 2 cruises booked for 2023. I’ll need the stock market to do well in 2024 so I can cruise without guilt in 2025. 🙂

9 hours ago, techteach said:

@majortom10 and @Victoria2 - I didn’t mean to cause a disturbance…thank you to both. We will just do the FCD. $175. for $400. is a good thing as Martha would say. So many people talk about the QV that I want to book a cruise on her. But, we already have 2 cruises booked for 2023. I’ll need the stock market to do well in 2024 so I can cruise without guilt in 2025. 🙂

I don't blame you for booking a FCD it is a very good offering that should be taken advantage of. Unfortunately it is not something that is available to UK cruiser's when onboard and don't understand why and cannot get a straight answer from Cunard. They initially lied and said FCDs were stopped for everyone which is clearly not true. They only admitted that they were available to US  cruiser's after sending them proof. Since then I have had nothing more than corporate nonsense with no realistic or honest reason.

10 hours ago, techteach said:

Just bear in mind, the outlay might be different for US bookings.

Hopefully, the facility will return for UK bookings in the future. Until then, I will have to make do with just the offered $400 onboard booking benefit  which will be most useful as sadly, with the $/£ exchange rate  at the moment, every little, really does help.

Also bear in mind, folk love QE too so if an itinerary pops up which floats your boat, go with that, on either.

• Like 1