Messenging, or posting contact info here on CC

PRINCESS Sweet Pea

I know that messaging is turned off and they don't do that here.

But, I seem to remember that some people had some contact info, like in their 'signature'.

Is that allowed?  Do some people still have that?  Might be something that would be helpful with people who want to keep in contact, like on a cruise roll call.

you can put whatever contact info you feel comfortable with...some people write AT instead of @ in their email addresses to prevent bots grabbing them & sending spam...others will have an address specifically for cruising (I have multiple emails to keep various parts of my life separate in my inbox...some roll calls i have been part of had someone who created a private data base of contact info for the group which had to be shared to access

@Lady Arwenyou might want to share contacts if you are arranging an excursion with someone from your roll call? 

Edited by travelin.sisters
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, travelin.sisters said:

you can put whatever contact info you feel comfortable with...some people write AT instead of @ in their email addresses to prevent bots grabbing them & sending spam...others will have an address specifically for cruising (I have multiple emails to keep various parts of my life separate in my inbox...some roll calls i have been part of had someone who created a private data base of contact info for the group which had to be shared to access

@Lady Arwenyou might want to share contacts if you are arranging an excursion with someone from your roll call? 

I clearly live on another planet.  On my roll calls, we just chat about excursions within our group.  Nobody has ever asked me to contact them privately.  It’s all their for everyone to see and discuss.  I don’t need multiple emails.  Thank you, though, for sharing this information.  I’m sure it will be helpful to some of our members.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

I thought I was the only crazy person with an email account just for Cruise Critic plus an assortment of other addresses for this and for that.  Thank you for letting me know I am not alone.

53 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I clearly live on another planet.  On my roll calls, we just chat about excursions within our group.  Nobody has ever asked me to contact them privately.  It’s all their for everyone to see and discuss.  I don’t need multiple emails.  Thank you, though, for sharing this information.  I’m sure it will be helpful to some of our members.

Some RC organizers setup a RC Google Doc for the group which includes member details, and itinerary pages to record independents tours the folks may wish to join. Often these docs contain details people wouldn't normally publish on here in a post.

As for contact info, anyone I get involved with for a tour I am organizing, I make sure we get in touch with each other via email and then share phone numbers and tour details, including meeting info and costs, which may include deposit info.  I see no need to get into those details in public posts and so forth.  This is why I do it.  Generally, all my sharing and reaching out by email contact is for RC excursion purposes.

Some members will include emails for people to contact for TA referrals.  I have seen this over the years time-to-time, but not much as it is frowned upon of course.  Things are easier in a RC to share than in general forums.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

This is probably a silly question, but why would anyone need to private message another member of cruise critic?  We all basically say we want to each other, within reason of course.  Just curious.

Organizing private shore excursions is a common reason. Since you can’t private message here, you have to post your contact information publicly. Many see that as a negative 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Some RC organizers setup a RC Google Doc for the group which includes member details, and itinerary pages to record independents tours the folks may wish to join. Often these docs contain details people wouldn't normally publish on here in a post.

As for contact info, anyone I get involved with for a tour I am organizing, I make sure we get in touch with each other via email and then share phone numbers and tour details, including meeting info and costs, which may include deposit info.  I see no need to get into those details in public posts and so forth.  This is why I do it.  Generally, all my sharing and reaching out by email contact is for RC excursion purposes.

Some members will include emails for people to contact for TA referrals.  I have seen this over the years time-to-time, but not much as it is frowned upon of course.  Things are easier in a RC to share than in general forums.

Thanks for explaining!  I’ve never experienced this, but in the future I’ll be prepared if someone on my roll call requests emails and such.  I appreciate you educating myself and others who may not be aware.