Global Dream ship to Disney as Disney Adventure - confirmed!

Beezo

Haven't heard that but I'd think it highly unlikely.  DCL has two more Wish Class ships in the works with deliveries in the next few years.  Why would they want to add another, especially one not built to their standards?

I wonder if Disney wants it for the Asian market. The ship was designed from the keel up for the Chinese market, and Disney has 3 parks there (Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai). I don’t see a Disney-fied Global Dream working for the US cruise market, but it could be an inexpensive way for DCL to enter the China market.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fairsky84 said:

I wonder if Disney wants it for the Asian market. The ship was designed from the keel up for the Chinese market, and Disney has 3 parks there (Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai). I don’t see a Disney-fied Global Dream working for the US cruise market, but it could be an inexpensive way for DCL to enter the China market.

Or perhaps Indian one?

22 hours ago, Fairsky84 said:

I read more articles and they said it would go to the US. I agree with you with it being asian and all, but the us is just what I saw.

I could see them doing either 4 funnels, or 2 much larger oversized ones (front and back). I still think they try to add a funnel or 2 to the front to keep the profile consistent with the rest of the fleet.

But awesome renders!

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 11:05 PM, Fairsky84 said:

A few very rough ideas of what Global Dream could look like as a Disney ship. Interestingly, like the other DCL ships she would still have two funnels, but not in the traditional forward-aft arrangement.

IMG_2341.PNG

IMG_2338.PNG

That looks amazing! Do you have any good name ideas?

Newer reports about Disney buying Global Dream has made it sound like they will actually be buying Global Dream 2, which is not a complete hull, and not Global Dream 1 which is the nearly complete ship.

If Disney is purchasing the incomplete hull of Global Dream 2, then they could still make significant design changes to the bow, aft, and upper decks of the ship to make it fit better with the existing Disney fleet. 

Here's the partially built hull of Global Dream 2: 
c1fb119c-945a-43bd-b1a7-d3fa822fa3df_7b0 

On 10/16/2022 at 2:16 PM, toad455 said:

Is this Disney's attempt to have the World's largest ship? I'd assume this would come after the next two Wish-class ships.

I think Royal Caribbean wants to keep that title for "bragging rights"...their new "Icon Class" is even larger than their current record holding Wonder of the Seas...

Edited by bob brown

On 10/20/2022 at 10:06 AM, Fairsky84 said:

Newer reports about Disney buying Global Dream has made it sound like they will actually be buying Global Dream 2, which is not a complete hull, and not Global Dream 1 which is the nearly complete ship.

If Disney is purchasing the incomplete hull of Global Dream 2, then they could still make significant design changes to the bow, aft, and upper decks of the ship to make it fit better with the existing Disney fleet. 

Here's the partially built hull of Global Dream 2: 
c1fb119c-945a-43bd-b1a7-d3fa822fa3df_7b0 

That is actually the Global Dream number one in the photo.  Global Dream number two supposedly already been scrapped and the machinery among other things has been sold off. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/28788-disney-cruise-line-acquires-unfinished-global-dream.html

It is official. The article has a rendering of the ship.  Definitely not as nice as the Wish.  Quite a brute, I think.

And here in more detail

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/shipbuilding-refurb-equipment/its-official-disney-cruise-line-bags-global-dream-sail-new-markets

Edited by richard_london
Link added