Water bottle brand?

Different for each ship, and each port.  

Need to be more specific.  For example...I am not ordering water for my next cruise, due to Wonder out of Barcelona having canned water.   Just off Harmony out of PC, she had bottled water of two different brands.  Most popular is True.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mirrasis said:

Does anyone know what brand of water bottles they use? Both from the bars and if you get some delivered to your rooms?

On Oasis this past week it was Niagara purified drinking water - the beverage (water) pkg, my welcome amenity and at the bars. 

Somewhat disappointed it isn't Evian (or another brand's) spring water, at least when I pay for the pkg.  And yes, there is a taste difference to me!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

We have had cans the last few cruises. I think it stays cold longer.

We've never had cans, but we always take a water bottle just in case so we can open the can and pour it in to the bottle so we can use it later.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, long4acruise said:

On Oasis this past week it was Niagara purified drinking water - the beverage (water) pkg, my welcome amenity and at the bars. 

Somewhat disappointed it isn't Evian (or another brand's) spring water, at least when I pay for the pkg.  And yes, there is a taste difference to me!

Oasis this week is True purified water, not spring water. 

13 minutes ago, BND said:

LOL.  It's all the same.  Pretty much all bottled water is just tap water.

Ya but they've been filtered with reverse osmosis filters, two or three times and sprinkled with angle dust.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BND said:

We've never had cans, but we always take a water bottle just in case so we can open the can and pour it in to the bottle so we can use it later.

That is what I am going to have to do on Wonder next week.  Cans for four weeks...ugh.   But can fill up a cup at dispensers, then pour into bottle also.  I don't like the taste of canned water, and can't reseal the things.  😖

There is only one brand of water, and is made up of H2O.  However, some water, is pulled from springs with little or no filters, but it does pick up local minerals, which changes the taste from nothing to a small taste.  Some water, is processed water, from a city source, which often times still comes from the earth, put had additives in it.  Those additives are than removed, and bottled, so it is more processed.  It has minerals in it that add to a taste.  

Water is not like a soda brand, coke or pepsi.  It is just water, and the additives are mostly natural.  Main reason for getting bottles or cans is it is commonly believed to be safer, than city water, or processed water on the ship.  

I personally like it in bottles because of convenience, and I use them to carry off the ship.  However, I also drink the ships water.  

2 hours ago, BND said:

Okay, so I looked it up.  45% "purified" tap vs 55%"spring".  I guarantee you Royal is not giving anyone free Spring water as it can cost 2-3x as much as purified tap water.

https://www.pentair.com/en-us/water-softening-filtration/blog/where-does-bottled-water-come-from.html

The bottled water on the ships has always been spring water up until just before Covid. Some ships had purified while others had spring. Our Alaska cruise earlier this year also had spring water, not purified.  You really shouldn’t guarantee something you haven’t actually experienced on the ships. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The bottled water on the ships has always been spring water up until just before Covid. Some ships had purified while others had spring. Our Alaska cruise earlier this year also had spring water, not purified.  You really shouldn’t guarantee something you haven’t actually experienced on the ships. 

LOL.  We've been getting "free" water for years as we are D+, both before and after Covid.  Pretty sure we've always just been given basic unknown brands.  As pp said, they were just given purified.  

Edited by BND

BTW, Niagara is bottled in Mesa, AZ.  I'm sure there are plenty who see Niagara and think it comes from NY lol.

Evian spelled backwards is naive 🤣

Edited by BND
  • Like 1