Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

6 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Thatā€™s good, as it didnā€™t play for possum. First time in our cruising we ever had such a farewell. It was very touching šŸ„°

Ā 

As ships depart Fort Lauderdale, they have a horn blowing competition, eg loudest and longest. Ā We walked around and watched. Ā 

However, Freemantle was different, it sounded like a joyful celebration of the return of cruise ships. They feel neglected in the West at the lack of cruiseships, unlike the numbers in The East. Ā Hope everyone in iso was on correct side of ship to view the spectacle. Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Ā 

As ships depart Fort Lauderdale, they have a horn blowing competition, eg loudest and longest. Ā We walked around and watched. Ā 

However, Freemantle was different, it sounded like a joyful celebration of the return of cruise ships. They feel neglected in the West at the lack of cruiseships, unlike the numbers in The East. Ā Hope everyone in iso was on correct side of ship to view the spectacle. Ā 

Thatā€™s exactly how I felt it was, a thank you for returning. Which is why it made it more emotional for me.

we are port side hence seeing it. It was also special because apart from getting off in Broome, we have not been able to get off any other WA ports (re iso for Frank). We have never been to WA before so it was to be a highlight but no biggie as we can always fly back for a holiday šŸ„°

Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Thatā€™s exactly how I felt it was, a thank you for returning. Which is why it made it more emotional for me.

we are port side hence seeing it. It was also special because apart from getting off in Broome, we have not been able to get off any other WA ports (re iso for Frank). We have never been to WA before so it was to be a highlight but no biggie as we can always fly back for a holiday šŸ„°

I would have been broken hearted to miss WA ports, so I can understand your disappointment. Ā It is not like you can visit for a weekend! Ā I would have been prepared for Broome, as it is an unreliable port due to its high tides, but not the others. Ā I have visited Perth by ship, car, plane and train. Ā The latter was the highlight! Recommend September/October for Spring wild flowers. I would visit more often if it wasn't so far away. Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I would have been broken hearted to miss WA ports, so I can understand your disappointment. Ā It is not like you can visit for a weekend! Ā I would have been prepared for Broome, as it is an unreliable port due to its high tides, but not the others. Ā I have visited Perth by ship, car, plane and train. Ā The latter was the highlight! Recommend September/October for Spring wild flowers. I would visit more often if it wasn't so far away. Ā 

Rules is rules so noĀ prob to comply. We just go with the flow. Itā€™s certainly not the cruise lines fault, they only following protocol. Weā€™ll just make a plan to come back to the west.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

This arrived with the menu delivery this morning.

Ā 

Ā 

It's the little things that count! šŸ˜Š

20221030_082816.jpg

Yes a nice touch. We got a key ring. šŸ„°

62DF0B01-A8C6-4AD0-AF3C-A81669F263F3.jpeg

Edited by Cbtours

And now my chores are done lol bed looks NOTHING like when our wonderful stewardess makes it!Ā 
main thing is everything is wiped, (home supplies)

weā€™re fed and watered lol

it might even warm up enough to sit on the balcony with a book!

Ā 

Ā 

25436FAF-0A72-4538-8D19-66C79941AE21.jpeg

2 hours ago, gazpam said:

Well, I think I may have gotten the point, if it was tongue in cheek. Other wise, have no idea.Ā  Ā I put that link in if anyone may be interested.Ā 

When I say stay safe, covid is the least of our worries. We need to be wary of the rumour spreading idiots that cruise among us. At the risk of upsetting a relaxing day at sea, I now challenge their half rrrrr's 'facts'. Those armed with 1% of the story are the ones feeding the media with BS.

• Like 2

Agree nice sentiment (weā€™re both +ve & didnā€™t get one šŸ˜ž).
I am, however, beginning to wonder if weā€™re on the same cruise
šŸ¤“

Iā€™m still waiting for my Covid +ve letter (from 3 days ago) and have been trying to get throat lozenges since yesterday (no contact from medical or guest services since being advised of my diagnosis).Ā šŸ˜ž

• Like 1

Just now, arxcards said:

When I say stay safe, covid is the least of our worries. We need to be wary of the rumour spreading idiots that cruise among us. At the risk of upsetting a relaxing day at sea, I now challenge their half rrrrr's 'facts'. Those armed with 1% of the story are the ones feeding the media with BS.

And that is exactly why I decided to do that interview with Cruise Passenger. It was a great opportunity to set the record straight.

• Like 2

Just now, Josiejk said:

šŸ¤“

Iā€™m still waiting for my Covid +ve letter (from 3 days ago) and have been trying to get throat lozenges since yesterday (no contact from medical or guest services since being advised of my diagnosis).Ā šŸ˜ž

I think they are swamped now. When I tested positive there probably weren't as many cases onboard.

Ā 

If you need throat lozenges I can let you have some. Rolf is allowed to leave the cabin so could deliver some to you if you let us know your cabin number.

Thanks šŸ¤“. Hopefully my partner will get a call this morning to notify him of his PCR result. I was advised to have a chat with medical then. Iā€™m also about to run out of cold & flu tablets so hopefully they can provide more of them as well šŸ¤£

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think they are swamped now. When I tested positive there probably weren't as many cases onboard.

Ā 

If you need throat lozenges I can let you have some. Rolf is allowed to leave the cabin so could deliver some to you if you let us know your cabin number.

hope you are all well soon. out of interest, which throat lozenges does princess give you? we are going on the majestic princess in december & figure it will be a good idea to take our own supplies.Ā 

Just now, Josiejk said:

Thanks šŸ¤“. Hopefully my partner will get a call this morning to notify him of his PCR result. I was advised to have a chat with medical then. Iā€™m also about to run out of cold & flu tablets so hopefully they can provide more of them as well šŸ¤£

OK, just let me know if you need them. I don't have cold & flu tablets though as they make me nauseous.Ā 

Ā 

I'm hoping they'll test me today and hoping even more that I test negative.Ā 

• Like 1

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Have you heard the weather forecast for when you go around the corner and turn left and across the Great Australia Bight?

No but I've been studying the BOM Total Wave Height map. Things are going to get bouncy!

Just now, austromyrtus said:

hope you are all well soon. out of interest, which throat lozenges does princess give you? we are going on the majestic princess in december & figure it will be a good idea to take our own supplies.Ā 

They were Difflam, they worked very well. I recommend getting the Difflam throat spray as well. It's just as effective and quicker to use than sucking a lozenge in the middle of the night.

16670833514468731003049769643028.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

OK, just let me know if you need them. I don't have cold & flu tablets though as they make me nauseous.Ā 

Ā 

Gary had his day 7 test. Got a phone call within 10 mins to say POS. Queried the fast result, and was told that they don't do PCRs, only RAT for post covid, and most likely to remain pos anyway for days, even weeks, so will be in iso for 10 days. Then out no more tests.

37 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And that is exactly why I decided to do that interview with Cruise Passenger. It was a great opportunity to set the record straight.

And that is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do that. Cruise Passenger mostly preaches to the choir though, and unfortunately the masses get their version from the morning advertorial "news" shows, click bait media, and Auntie Bob's cousin's ex-wife's friend on FB. The stories I have overheard this past week have set a new bar.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Josiejk said:

šŸ¤“

Re contact them. It seems theyā€™re pretty busy šŸ˜©

9 minutes ago, gazpam said:

Gary had his day 7 test. Got a phone call within 10 mins to say POS. Queried the fast result, and was told that they don't do PCRs, only RAT for post covid, and most likely to remain pos anyway for days, even weeks, so will be in iso for 10 days. Then out no more tests.

Thatā€™s my understanding too, that they will test daily day 5 if positive. Until day 10! In which case we will be disembarking.

32 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ā 

Hope you test ok julie