Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

12 minutes ago, Bonne Voyage said:

Thank you for your great video it was wonderful, what a send off.🎉

How is Frank today?

He’s feeling fine, just had the niggley cough and more tired than usual. 

Ive rewatched that video a few times today!  It brings a lump to my throat each time 😊😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

When I say stay safe, covid is the least of our worries. We need to be wary of the rumour spreading idiots that cruise among us. At the risk of upsetting a relaxing day at sea, I now challenge their half rrrrr's 'facts'. Those armed with 1% of the story are the ones feeding the media with BS.

They are always rumor spreaders, they live for the gossip

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Spectacular farewell from Freo!

Love all the cars on the Seawall whooping and hollering and nice of the captain to give a nice long farewell blast! Almost my fav bit of cruising!!!

Good send off. The locals in Cobh Ireland, port for Cork, do the same thing, flashing lights, singing and cheering,  when the Ships leave. Memorable, just like Freo last evening.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Good send off. The locals in Cobh Ireland, port for Cork, do the same thing, flashing lights, singing and cheering,  when the Ships leave. Memorable, just like Freo last evening.

Yes, Cobh Ireland is special. Each time we have been there they have held an Australia Day.

• Like 2

Well that blew the cobwebs away! 

It was cool but sunny when we got off the tender. We wandered through the town until we found a very nice fish and chip shop. Luckily they had some indoor seating as it bucketed down a few minutes after we got there. 

We weren't so lucky after picking up some stuff at Coles though but that shower didn't last too long.

Unfortunately there was a very long tender queue so we got rained on a couple more times before making it onto a tender. We both had good rain jackets and the strong wind dried up off any damp spots.

I was surprised how well I felt. I thought I might have got tired very quickly but I was OK. It looks like I've shaken off any lingering effects of Covid. Miracles do happen! 😊

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Jacster99 said:

Did you find out what the noise was?

Some of it was in the timber trim around the balcony door. Not the gentle noise of a creaking ship, but, clunking and banging. Because it was a little rough when we left Sydney, the cabin bits decided to protest. Was suggested that it was only because of the weather that night, and would probably be okay when voyage was smooth sailing. But 28 days around our coast, did not bode well. So glad we decided to move. Missed the Freo farewell, etc, being on the wrong side of the ship, but happy with our quiet cabin.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It was cool but sunny when we got off the tender. We wandered through the town until we found a very nice fish and chip shop. Luckily they had some indoor seating as it bucketed down a few minutes after we got there. 

We weren't so lucky after picking up some stuff at Coles though but that shower didn't last too long.

Unfortunately there was a very long tender queue so we got rained on a couple more times before making it onto a tender. We both had good rain jackets and the strong wind dried up off any damp spots.

I was surprised how well I felt. I thought I might have got tired very quickly but I was OK. It looks like I've shaken off any lingering effects of Covid. Miracles do happen! 😊

That’s great to hear 🥰

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The antivirals work really well. Just don't over do it once you've stopped taking them. Recovery takes a bit longer than you might 'feel'. 

• Like 3

Just now, Pushka said:

The antivirals work really well. Just don't over do it once you've stopped taking them. Recovery takes a bit longer than you might 'feel'. 

All I have to do for the next couple of days is hang on while the ship rides the wild waves across the Bight.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I’ve watched it numerous times too! Very memorable and touching 🥰

Just now, gazpam said:

Some of it was in the timber trim around the balcony door. Not the gentle noise of a creaking ship, but, clunking and banging. Because it was a little rough when we left Sydney, the cabin bits decided to protest. Was suggested that it was only because of the weather that night, and would probably be okay when voyage was smooth sailing. But 28 days around our coast, did not bode well. So glad we decided to move. Missed the Freo farewell, etc, being on the wrong side of the ship, but happy with our quiet cabin.

I woke up just after midnight hearing a loud banging noise. The bit that opens between our balcony and the next had come open and was banging against their deck furniture. We managed to push the furniture away from it far enough to stop the noise. I don't think the people in that cabin even heard it. Our steward has secured it again so hopefully it will stay put from now on. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I woke up just after midnight hearing a loud banging noise. The bit that opens between our balcony and the next had come open and was banging against their deck furniture. We managed to push the furniture away from it far enough to stop the noise. I don't think the people in that cabin even heard it. Our steward has secured it again so hopefully it will stay put from now on. 

That was a nice simple fix. Wished that was all ours was. They were getting maintenance in to try and fix our problem, but we weren't prepared to take the chance that it would come back again, given there was a possibility of more rough weather. I hadn't even considered that the weather was rough that first night. (Have been through cyclone, and lows in the past) But the services guy told me it was.😆

• Like 1

This will probably be pretty much my last post till Adelaide. Can read all CC posts, but can't post, for some reason when I am on Ship Wifi.

For those in iso, hope you clear soon. For those in freedom stay well, and enjoy.💐

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gazpam said:

This will probably be pretty much my last post till Adelaide. Can read all CC posts, but can't post, for some reason when I am on Ship Wifi.

For those in iso, hope you clear soon. For those in freedom stay well, and enjoy.💐

We only have wifi cos they gave us 7 days free when Frank got confirmed positive. Otherwise we have been waiting til we hit in ports and logged in 4g etc.  

from the sounds of it from the experienced BOM readers were in for a bit of bouncing. Take care 🥰

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We only have wifi cos they gave us 7 days free when Frank got confirmed positive. Otherwise we have been waiting til we hit in ports and logged in 4g etc.  

from the sounds of it from the experienced BOM readers were in for a bit of bouncing. Take care 🥰

Yes we are the same. Free wifi in iso. 👍. Stay safe.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Negative. 😊😊😊

The reason they don't do PCR tests on recovered people is they can show positive for weeks afterwards. 

Anyway we're cleared to go ashore if we want.

Just thinking re testing. So did Rolf get tested every day? Did he have to get tested too this morning? I can’t remember if they said contacts would be tested everyday or not??? I’ve taken tests the last port days just in case I thought of going off and have been negative, though I ended up not going off 😩

Just now, Cbtours said:

Just thinking re testing. So did Rolf get tested every day? Did he have to get tested too this morning? I can’t remember if they said contacts would be tested everyday or not??? I’ve taken tests the last port days just in case I thought of going off and have been negative, though I ended up not going off 😩

Yes, Rolf was asked to test every day and report the result to Medical. We both have to test tomorrow morning.

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Medical emergency. A passenger is very ill (non-Covid related) and needs to be transferred to hospital.

Thankyou. Guest service crew call, answered as well. I only just noticed we had lights in front of us on the bridge cam. Hope the person is going to be okay. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Medical emergency. A passenger is very ill (non-Covid related) and needs to be transferred to hospital.

There appears to be a lot of fog out there. Thought perhaps the weather was a problem. Sad that it is due to a medical emergency.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gazpam said:

There appears to be a lot of fog out there. Thought perhaps the weather was a problem. Sad that it is due to a medical emergency.

Checked outside. Clear as a bell. Must be just the camera lens.😁.