Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

56 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

A guy we spoke to last night had actually walked around all the decks and counted 253 cabins with tables in front of doors. Some of those cabins may have had more than one Covid patient so my guess is around 300 at that point in time, which would have triggered Tier 3. 

I'm fairly sure they would only count active cases so the numbers should start dropping over the next few days. 

I heard that 253 from another source tonight. That is a big number, and for the current passenger/crew number, 250 would be roughly where tier 3 is triggered. Yes, 300+ from that many cabins, and that doesn't account for any crew either.

It also explains why one of the dining rooms is closed - they haven't got any tables left. 😁

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Might be both Geoff. Will they allow Coral of the Seas in to Sydney next week? Or will they have to go to Brisvegas to unload, lol.😷😷😷😷😷mask up!

Yes, we will let anyone in. I gather that with the current numbers, a RAT could be needed to disembark in any of the ports, and the day in Sydney might be complicated for some. If they can bring down such a big number to a smaller count, it will prove they can manage these extreme situations.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I heard that 253 from another source tonight. That is a big number, and for the current passenger/crew number, 250 would be roughly where tier 3 is triggered. Yes, 300+ from that many cabins, and that doesn't account for any crew either.

It also explains why one of the dining rooms is closed - they haven't got any tables left. 😁

They are definitely not dining room tables lol

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Yes, we will let anyone in. I gather that with the current numbers, a RAT could be needed to disembark in any of the ports, and the day in Sydney might be complicated for some. If they can bring down such a big number to a smaller count, it will prove they can manage these extreme situations.

There were a few less tables in our corridor tonight 🥰

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

So if there are 300 in iso, the mdr has to give the other 1700 pax the option of dining. Sure some go to the HC. The 2 dining rooms on Coral, Bordeaux and Provence are not huge and only 1 is currently open.

They're coping OK. 

• Like 3

Just now, Cbtours said:

We just checked and resumed our booking and same table no problem which was so nice to go back tonight 🥰

We haven't been able to get our regular table but we dine very late compared with you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We haven't been able to get our regular table but we dine very late compared with you.

I’m sure that’s why we were able to resume. But I had made the original booking for every night of our cruise so maybe that might have helped????

Just now, Cbtours said:

I’m sure that’s why we were able to resume. But I had made the original booking for every night of our cruise so maybe that might have helped????

Possibly, but Mariana had us booked in for a specific table after the first night on this cruise but with only the one MDR she can't save our table for us, we just have to take what's available.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Possibly, but Mariana had us booked in for a specific table after the first night on this cruise but with only the one MDR she can't save our table for us, we just have to take what's available.

That’s fair enough. They are doing a brilliant job accommodating everyone and handling the changes etc. 🥰🥰🥰

4 hours ago, Gary72 said:

As we board on November 10, just curious if there is a mask mandate?  We plan on wearing our masks regardless as coming from San Diego, we want to minimize the risk....

At the moment there is ship is at tier 3. But as for November 10, you will have to wait and see. But you are sensible wearing masks. 😷 Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gary72 said:

As we board on November 10, just curious if there is a mask mandate?  We plan on wearing our masks regardless as coming from San Diego, we want to minimize the risk....

There is no overall mask mandate, but it is set by what the ship requires. Coral is currently tier 3, which is the first cruise to reach that level in the 5 months since resumption here. At tier 3, masks are required by passengers and crew. At tier 2, masks are required for crew.

As mentioned, the tier will reset when the current cruise ends on 8th November. What masks Coral requires for 10th November will likely exceed what our governments mandate.

• Like 2

For our check in on Friday Princess is telling us to bring a mask to wear in the cruise terminal because it is required.  However that mandate in Victoria was dropped about 4 weeks ago so not sure who "requires it".  Only mentions the terminal and not on board.

We've finally received the revised itinerary for the remainder of the cruise: 

Thu 3/11 Adelaide

Fri 4/11 At Sea

Sat 5/11 Burnie (original scheduled date)

Sun 6/11 Melbourne

Mon 7/11 At Sea

Tue 8/11 Disembark Sydney.

So no Hobart port stop.

We are getting a Bonus FCC of 15% of our cruise fare which I think is very generous of Princess given the port cancellations were weather-related 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ondine said:

For our check in on Friday Princess is telling us to bring a mask to wear in the cruise terminal because it is required.  However that mandate in Victoria was dropped about 4 weeks ago so not sure who "requires it".  Only mentions the terminal and not on board.

Same applies for NSW. I don't think the terminal operator requires it either, as it wasn't required for us on 20 October for OPT or Majestic Princess. Grand Princess status hasn't been updated on NSW site today, but I don't believe there is an elevated risk.

The ship may request it, or the terminal operator. Either way, bring a mask to the terminal. Seems to be a ship by ship, cruise by cruise thing. It could also be a Princess response to what they are experiencing on Coral, and apply for the whole cruise.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, timtam2 said:

I boarded Grand Princess today. No requirement for masks in the terminal. I was one of the few wearing one. I have only seen 1 cabin with the tell tale table outside so far.

thanks for the update.. will be boarding on friday  with masks just to be safe

Cheers Don   packing tomorrow

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, timtam2 said:

I boarded Grand Princess today. No requirement for masks in the terminal. I was one of the few wearing one. I have only seen 1 cabin with the tell tale table outside so far.

As long as it isn't yours 😉

Have a great cruise.

2 hours ago, timtam2 said:

We will be joining you on the 17th November.

We haven’t been on the Grand before so looking forward to finding our way around, I have been told it’s is very much like the Golden

Like you we will be wearing masks as we did for our September cruise .

Have a wonderful cruise, and please continue with the updates.

Regards Heather 

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've finally received the revised itinerary for the remainder of the cruise: 

Thu 3/11 Adelaide

Fri 4/11 At Sea

Sat 5/11 Burnie (original scheduled date)

Sun 6/11 Melbourne

Mon 7/11 At Sea

Tue 8/11 Disembark Sydney.

So no Hobart port stop.

We are getting a Bonus FCC of 15% of our cruise fare which I think is very generous of Princess given the port cancellations were weather-related 

Once again thank you for your updates so glad you are able to resume  your cruise now.

Thank goodness when you are in Melbourne our weather will be better it has been bitterly cold and wet.

It has been so interesting reading your updates and your very positive attitude whilst you were unwell 

Do you have any tips for our next cruise this month?

Kind regards Heather