How do you know how many Latitude points you are earning on a cruise?

MyTMo777

I'm in a planning and questioning mood today, so another question.

When we booked our cruise for this November, I didn't pay any attention to whether it qualified for extra Latitude points or not. Now I'm curious if it does earn us extra points. How can I tell that from any of my documents or on the website/app? I've looked but I don't see anything that says how many points I will earn for a future cruise, only what I've earned in the past. Especially curious because if it does happen to be double, it'll bump me up a tier.

These are the codes:

AIRPROM3
ALL4CHO
DISC35
EASYFARE
LATREW*
PPSRVCHG
SHX50

There's an * next to what I assume to be Latitude Rewards, and this is what it says further down:

* LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members’ reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level
discounts/benefits onboard.
This promo code does not provide any Latitude points.

None of the other codes look like they have to do with Latitude rewards, but I don't know what some of them are.

26 minutes ago, MyTMo777 said:

These are the codes:

AIRPROM3
ALL4CHO
DISC35
EASYFARE
LATREW*
PPSRVCHG
SHX50

There's an * next to what I assume to be Latitude Rewards, and this is what it says further down:

* LATREW promo code, is automatically applied to Latitude members’ reservations. This code gives Latitude members their specific tier level
discounts/benefits onboard.
This promo code does not provide any Latitude points.

None of the other codes look like they have to do with Latitude rewards, but I don't know what some of them are.

There are no additional Latitudes points with those codes.  Sorry.  BTW, you can always confirm onboard what points you are earning for a cruise.

1 hour ago, MyTMo777 said:

@shof515 was typing as I was typing 🙂 Your list is great. It looks like I'm just getting one point per night. I didn't even think about waiting for a Latitude promotion to book. Oh well!

You can check with your PCC (if you have one). If there's a current promo for double points, they may be able to add it on for you with a rebooking.

• Like 1

Some codes that show extra points will be given, usually from "past guest" offers:

LATITUDE - one additional point per night

LATDBLX - two additional points per night

As mentioned before, LATREW* appears on most bookings, doesn't have extra points.

I'm not sure if this exists for everyone, but, on our Confirmations, listed below TOTAL PAYMENTS APPLIED (and before Cancelation Fee Schedule and *** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ***) there is a list of our included perks, which are spelled-out (not just codes).  They are under a heading bar "Add-ons".

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

you get 1 point per night up to and including club balcony suite, and 2 points per night any suite or haven.

14 night cruise in a suite or haven nets you 28 points. 

That’s not always true, I’ve gotten 2 points per night on certain cruises with a balcony. I’ve noticed the farther out I have booked is when I get double points, like 6 or more months ahead.

5 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

That’s not always true, I’ve gotten 2 points per night on certain cruises with a balcony. I’ve noticed the farther out I have booked is when I get double points, like 6 or more months ahead.

that was the before times. now ncl got rid of that and there is no more additional points for booking many months ahead

You ALWAYS get double points for booking Haven. You sometimes get double points for booking lower category rooms depending on the current promotions at the time of booking. If you book during one of those special times and also book Haven - you get quadruple points. We've had all sorts of permutations of bonus points across our trips. Quadruple points on a long cruise is the fastest way to get up there in status.

image.png.722f6e0f1db9c2bc5dc09e4844ff8aa3.png

Whilst there are no longer extra points for booking early (if used to be one extra point if you booked 9 months out), there are still latitudes offers where you get an extra point.

Since covid there have been some very generous offers on extra latitudes points. We got triple points on both our cruises this year. I think those offers have all ended now.

12 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Whilst there are no longer extra points for booking early (if used to be one extra point if you booked 9 months out), there are still latitudes offers where you get an extra point.

Since covid there have been some very generous offers on extra latitudes points. We got triple points on both our cruises this year. I think those offers have all ended now.

I've got triple points on our next cruise, next week. Inside cabin. All depends on what is on when you book.

45 minutes ago, BaWBarmy said:

I've got triple points on our next cruise, next week. Inside cabin. All depends on what is on when you book.

Yes, it is fixed when you book. When I say that it is finished I mean that I don’t think that you can book them with that many bonus points, on so many cruises, now.