What is Happening to HAL Cruises From San Diego ?

mcrcruiser

5 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Also, depending on date, the Alaska sailing season will be starting.  Then ships.eave SD and will be departing from Seattle and  ancouver.

Yes that is true . I need to check how many ships HAL has in the Alaska market first  & then see where they deploy to 

7 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

You asked this once before...it would appear the schedule is not out yet.

HAL has 5 ships ending the Alaska Season  in September 2023  yet no ships showing in October 2023 for San  Diego . We think that is strange .In fact nothing in San  Diego for HAL Sept or October 2023 * here we are already October  11 ,2022  as I write this . Perhaps there will not be HAL ships here for all we know right now .  BTW the Koningsdam is not one of the 5 ships 

What do you think  now  besides HAL has not let out those itineraries or is there some other more important reason ?

There is the possibility for the Konigsdam as well as the Volendam to potentially do some cruises out of San Diego since both ships are not showing up anywhere else in the fall of 2023.  The Volendam is doing at least one cruise out of San Diego in the Fall of 2023 (the 51 day south pacific cruise).  The rest of HALs fleet is scheduled for other places.

Just got off the phone with a lovely HAL lady representative . Apparently Koningsdam will still service the San  Diego market but nor until  some time in November  .I have no idea where she will be between October to November  2023  ,unless in Dry dock 

Gave her a  couple of   Unique itineraries  they could add from San Diego .Certainly a West Coast partial transit i of the Panama Canal  is  doable . with stiops  on Alcapulco (a beautiful city ) Xtapa  ( the west coast version of Cancun)  Hultaco   along with a new port of Manzanillo  the PortoVallarta & Cabo San Lucas  to Ensenata to SD 

Another unique cruise  would be a Round Trilp Alaska  including ports like San Francisco ,  Astoria Oregon ,a fabulous city on the Columbia river , then on to  alaska including Glacier Bay & ports of call  before heading bacjk with stops in Victoria Canada  on Vancouver Island  ,Monterey ,Ca , Santa Barbara to SD