Registered credit card for cruise expenses

schmoopie17

Just checked in for our upcoming cruise and NCL asked for a credit card for onboard expenses, as was expected.

The card i used is the NCL credit card, which gives extra points for NCL expenses. I rarely use this card for anything else. I would prefer to not have to bring the card on our trip, since it's one less card to worry about. Does NCL require you to produce the physical card at any time, or is just having the card registered sufficient?

i have mixed experience with this. sometimes they needed the physical card and sometimes just having it registered was good enough

i did had one annoying issue on my last cruise where my registered card information was somehow lost in the system and on debark day my account was flagged. guest services had to re-enter my credit card information

i have always been asked to show the card when boarding.  sometimes, i change the card from the one i registered to a different card.

also, it's good to have at least once credit card with you to use when in different ports. some places take visa, some mastercard, etc.  if you dont want a ship sponsored shore excursion ( we ususally hire  a taxi for the day) they mostly all take credit cards,

regardless of what card you choose to take with  you "dont leave home without one"

I had to call my bank once (I didn't tell them I was cruising ever before...but it became "a thing" on that particular sailing) so I was able to use the number on the back.

Of course...if you have it digitally stored, it probably shows you their phone number anyway.

Although most likely not necessary, I'd take it just because I'd feel more secure.