Apex sunset veranda

ourjetboat

Excited to have booked cabin SV 7312 on Apex. I often check daily before cruise ( this cruise is almost a year away) to see if I can “ better” cabin. I’m asking myself if I should even bother this time…I think I have the best..no? ( besides suite etc) I understand middle SV have a bit larger balcony…

28 minutes ago, ourjetboat said:

Excited to have booked cabin SV 7312 on Apex. I often check daily before cruise ( this cruise is almost a year away) to see if I can “ better” cabin. I’m asking myself if I should even bother this time…I think I have the best..no? ( besides suite etc) I understand middle SV have a bit larger balcony…

Yes they do, but not a huge difference.  I prefer the ones higher up, but that's me up in the crow's nest!  Decks 7 and 8 have the widest balconies, especially in the middle.  If you are happy and you love it stay put!  You may hear a little more engine noise when docking, but that happens to aft cabins...nothing to worry about for sure.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1

We're in the exact same cabin on the Apex on December 17th!  Yes, the middle two sunset verandas on the Edge class have wider balconies than the other sunset verandas. The middle 2 are even wider on the lower decks, so being on deck 7 gets you the largest.

7312 has the bed closest to the balcony, so if you prefer the bed by the bathroom, you could keep your eye out for 7315 to become available.

I'd stick with what you have unless you decide on a suite.

16 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

We're in the exact same cabin on the Apex on December 17th!  Yes, the middle two sunset verandas on the Edge class have wider balconies than the other sunset verandas. The middle 2 are even wider on the lower decks, so being on deck 7 gets you the largest.

7312 has the bed closest to the balcony, so if you prefer the bed by the bathroom, you could keep your eye out for 7315 to become available.

I'd stick with what you have unless you decide on a suite.

Just curious whether or not you heard noise from Eden which appears to be directly below the aft-facing cabins on deck 7.

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

One time on one on the Apex in the Caribbean in August…never again in hot weather, very little shade, no breeze to speak of and a lot of walking just to get to the Sunset Bar, and I like walking. 

I guess this explains the trials and tribulations you have to go through to stay in a traditional balcony on the Edge class ships without forking over a heap of cash for a suite. We'll be cruising in December and we're from Minnesota. That sun will provide much needed vitamin D.

• Like 3

I’m excited about 7312 because we’re on a transatlantic and I think that the  sunset veranda will block most of the wind!

if I understand correctly…Eden( directly below us) is not open on sea days…and there are many of them!

I hope there are already 2 loungers when we board…but understand the room steward can  “ make it happen”!😎😎😎

We were in SV 12261 and we didn’t experience any noise from above.
 Our balcony had two lounge chairs and two regular chairs when we arrived. We didn’t need to ask!  The SV rooms seem larger than the Infinite      Balconies. I’m going to speculate that the extra space is what would be the ‘ balcony ‘ portion of an Infinite room.   In any case, we brought the two chairs from the balcony and placed them inside the cabin to give us more room on the balcony.

I will also mention that some people have a concern about soot landing on the balcony furniture, we had none.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cruising in mn said:

I had 7321 on Apex in Aug. Here is a  link (its on FB, so I hope it works) . It was awesome. NO noise at all.. no soot, nothing. It was a great cabin, best part of the ship. 

https://www.facebook.com/586356994/videos/418241620373087/

Link didn't work for me 😔but I'd love to see it if you could upload it to a post?

On 10/12/2022 at 12:19 PM, PTC DAWG said:

One time on one on the Apex in the Caribbean in August…never again in hot weather, very little shade, no breeze to speak of and a lot of walking just to get to the Sunset Bar, and I like walking. 

Why go to the Caribbean in august?  Hottest month of the year there.  Also, why book a sv if you already know there is more walking involved?  

• Like 1

We have sailed SV on Apex 3 times, always on deck 11. Love the location, the cabins and the “real” balcony. We had soot issues  on the west bound TA, but not on the Greek isles or the Caribbean itineraries. Could have something to do with direction of the wind. Our cabin steward always wiped down the furniture, and we kept a hand towel out there to give the chairs a quick swipe before we sat down. 

On 10/13/2022 at 2:14 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

Did you have noise issues from above like chairs scraping on the floor?

We had 12307 on Beyond, and was also told from others here "no noise at all", but if you are a little noise sensitive i would avoid a SV on deck 12, because there is a lot of noise issues, and chairs are scraping a lot on the floors during the day, and i don't understand why celebrity didn't use felt under the chairs, because that would have helped a lot. They have felt under the chairs on the balcony.

But we got a great deal on the cabin, and the balcony is massive with two loungers and two chairs, we had so many amazing sail aways on that balcony. 

3 hours ago, sgadk87 said:

We had 12307 on Beyond, and was also told from others here "no noise at all", but if you are a little noise sensitive i would avoid a SV on deck 12, because there is a lot of noise issues, and chairs are scraping a lot on the floors during the day, and i don't understand why celebrity didn't use felt under the chairs, because that would have helped a lot. They have felt under the chairs on the balcony.

But we got a great deal on the cabin, and the balcony is massive with two loungers and two chairs, we had so many amazing sail aways on that balcony. 

Thank you! What time of day did the noise start and what time did it end in the evening?  I guess I don’t mind if it’s a bit noisy during the day but not past 10pm. 

19 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Thank you! What time of day did the noise start and what time did it end in the evening?  I guess I don’t mind if it’s a bit noisy during the day but not past 10pm. 

It's not noisy past 10pm, since nobody is using the outdoor space at that time. And since we had days with pretty bad weather during the trip, people mostly used the space when we docked in port. But 08-10.30 and 12-17 i would say was most noisy, but just one person pulling a chair out in the back area of the ship is enough, since that kind of sound travelling very easy. 

We called Front desk, but they didn't have another SV available, but they offered us a Infinite verance, which we rejected. They also told us to call if, the noisy was too much, which we never did since i simply didn't see what they could have done. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2022 at 11:13 AM, sgadk87 said:

It's not noisy past 10pm, since nobody is using the outdoor space at that time. And since we had days with pretty bad weather during the trip, people mostly used the space when we docked in port. But 08-10.30 and 12-17 i would say was most noisy, but just one person pulling a chair out in the back area of the ship is enough, since that kind of sound travelling very easy. 

We called Front desk, but they didn't have another SV available, but they offered us an Infinite verance, which we rejected. They also told us to call if, the noisy was too much, which we never did since i simply didn't see what they could have done. 

So you complain about a person moving a chair.  Nice. 

• Like 1