My list of preferences in Celebrity Suite

PKB

I have read here about giving the Butler a written list of preferences and requests early in the cruise.  We will be sailing in a Celebrity Suite on the Reflection in February, 2023 and would like to know if my list is spot on or what to include, delete, etc.

Preference List for our Butler

Celebrity Reflection, Suite 1233     

Morning Beverages

1 large coffee and 1 large hot water

1 café mocha with whipped cream

Breakfast

One or two days on balcony

Afternoon plates – any of these

We like an assorted meat and/or seafood, cheese, and crackers.  Seafood on separate plate. 

Small plate of fruit.  We like strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, and whole bananas

Small desserts or cookies

Stocked in cabin

Still water

Ice

Pineapple juice

Champagne -Veuve Clicqot or Moët or other French champagne

21 minutes ago, PKB said:

I have read here about giving the Butler a written list of preferences and requests early in the cruise.  We will be sailing in a Celebrity Suite on the Reflection in February, 2023 and would like to know if my list is spot on or what to include, delete, etc.

Preference List for our Butler

Celebrity Reflection, Suite 1233     

Morning Beverages

1 large coffee and 1 large hot water

1 café mocha with whipped cream

Breakfast

One or two days on balcony

Afternoon plates – any of these

We like an assorted meat and/or seafood, cheese, and crackers.  Seafood on separate plate. 

Small plate of fruit.  We like strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, and whole bananas

Small desserts or cookies

Stocked in cabin

Still water

Ice

Pineapple juice

Champagne -Veuve Clicqot or Moët or other French champagne

Just  a few observations. I would list the times you want your coffee in the morning to be delivered.  

I don’t recall seeing pineapple juice around the ship, but it very well could be a mixer for alcoholic drinks so the butler may be able to get it that way. 

You may get charged for the Veuve since it’s a higher end champagne.  We have found that the butler will provide prosecco or the Celebrity branded champagne at no charge. Your mileage may vary as to how many bottles of champagne over the one that’s already in the room they will bring. Technically it’s extra, but some butlers will and some won’t. 

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 1

We don't give the butler a list.

For morning coffee I just let him know I will call that morning and request a pot, along with half & half, no artificial creamer.  We also order pastries, fruit, cereal when we call if we are ready to eat.

If you want a full breakfast you can order via hang tag the night before specifying a 30 minute delivery window.

The fruit plates are made up in the kitchen and typically have melon, pineapple and strawberries. Often a fruit bowl is in your room, or you can request one, they do have bananas along with apples, pears and grapes.

Champagne does not come with the CS, except for the welcome bottle. If you want one of those you listed you will have to pay for the bottle.  We sail in RS or PH and always request champagne in lieu of the alcohol set up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the cs we always had them cover and tape the bedroom window so it’s dark for sleeping if someone is watching TV in the living room. Of course that won’t work on the Edge class. We get their softest pillows ( hopefully down) and many more hangers without clips , which I hate. A fruit bowl is great and cheese crackers , cut up fruit, vegetables and dip and once in a while a BLT ! We don’t drink alcohol so we stick with water, club soda and Diet Coke. Will be on the Edge twice this winter. Yippee!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info and suggestions.  Will do some adjustments.  I'm splurging on the Celebrity Suite, I have lots of onboard credit to use, so may as well splurge on French champagne!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We sail in RS or PH and always request champagne in lieu of the alcohol set up.

We are sailing in the PH in November and don’t really want the alcohol setup since we can just grab a drink at a bar if we want to. But we love champagne so I definitely want to swap out our two bottles of liquor for champagne. Will they give us two bottles of Veuve?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We sail in RS or PH and always request champagne in lieu of the alcohol set up.

11 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

We are sailing in the PH in November

I've seen this several times on this board where people use "PH" instead of the category code for the penthouse suite, "PS".  Did the category code used to be PH?

11 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

We are sailing in the PH in November and don’t really want the alcohol setup since we can just grab a drink at a bar if we want to. But we love champagne so I definitely want to swap out our two bottles of liquor for champagne. Will they give us two bottles of Veuve?

We usually request and have received Taittinger's.  Have not requested Veuve yet but might try on our New Year's cruise.

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I've seen this several times on this board where people use "PH" instead of the category code for the penthouse suite, "PS".  Did the category code used to be PH?

No idea.  I just think it’s more natural to abbreviate Penthouse to PH so that’s why I type it that way. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yes, instead of alcohol I get two bottles of Veuve on a 1 week cruise. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 12:29 PM, dcbiker97 said:

You may get charged for the Veuve since it’s a higher end champagne.  We have found that the butler will provide prosecco or the Celebrity branded champagne at no charge. Your mileage may vary as to how many bottles of champagne over the one that’s already in the room they will bring. Technically it’s extra, but some butlers will and some won’t. 

Interesting, we've never thought to ask for any alcohol when in a CS.  We aren't champagne drinkers do you think there's any chance of a bottle of wine instead at no charge?

39 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Interesting, we've never thought to ask for any alcohol when in a CS.  We aren't champagne drinkers do you think there's any chance of a bottle of wine instead at no charge?

A bottle of champagne is in the room when you arrive, which the butler will swap out for a bottle of wine.  I should probably have been a bit clearer in that the only time the butler has brought additional  champagne bottles was for parties we throw in the room.  We don’t ask for them other times. Again, they probably aren’t supposed to, but most will. Just do  not get upset if they stick to the rules, 

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

No, folks are using PH for Penthouse (referring to penthouse suite), but the code PS is for Penthouse Suite.  A distinction without a difference 🙂

5 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Yes..  We always ask them to swap the Bubbly for Chardonnay. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Alcohol is not included in a CS.

We have always had a bottle of Champagne in our room.   Isn't that normal for a CS?   We even always get a bottle in a SS (cheap bubbly)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

A bottle of champagne is in the room when you arrive, which the butler will swap out for a bottle of wine.  I should probably have been a bit clearer in that the only time the butler has brought additional  champagne bottles was for parties we throw in the room.  We don’t ask for them other times. Again, they probably aren’t supposed to, but most will. Just do  not get upset if they stick to the rules, 

Thanks for the clarification and also the reminder that we can trade the champagne on arrival for a bottle of wine.

47 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Can one request almond milk or oat milk with morning coffee?  Is that readily available ?

Yes, almond milk is readily available.  After my request that first morning, it was always waiting for me in Luminae for breakfast and it is also available for specialty coffees in Cafe al Bacio.

• Like 2