Princess Plus - soda cans ?

downundermatt

New to Princess, so forgive the question.

Looking into the Princess Plus package and just wondering if cans of soda can be taken back to the cabin. On Celebrity we can still get cans, don’t know about Princess as saw it could be fountain drinks ? (Not a fan of post mix drinks).

Read another thread saying it was ok to bring unopened cans of beer back to the cabin.

Doubt I can survive  sixteen drinks a day, even with the odd coffee and water, 

The outside bars had the biggest glasses of soda to take back to the room.

Also, room service (ordering from TV or phone app) will deliver fountain soda to cabin, and they were always delivered in less than 10 min for us (I could order two at a time with plus).

1 hour ago, downundermatt said:

New to Princess, so forgive the question.

Looking into the Princess Plus package and just wondering if cans of soda can be taken back to the cabin. On Celebrity we can still get cans, don’t know about Princess as saw it could be fountain drinks ? (Not a fan of post mix drinks).

Read another thread saying it was ok to bring unopened cans of beer back to the cabin.

Doubt I can survive  sixteen drinks a day, even with the odd coffee and water, 

Cans are available but they cost $2.50 each. You can order from a bar or use the app to deliver them anywhere. Fountain drinks are included in princess plus and can be delivered to you anywhere too. You can also order some cans of pop for a fee before your cruise and they’ll be waiting for you in your room when you board.

2 hours ago, Lizabu said:

You can also order some cans of pop for a fee before your cruise and they’ll be waiting for you in your room when you board.

Not true.

You can bring your own cans of pop on board, carry on yourself or slap a luggage tag on your package of soda. Bottled water on the other hand may be pre-ordered and will be waiting for you in your cabin.

Canned soda is available for purchase onboard and you get a 25% discount if you have the Plus package.  

As mentioned by previous posters you can also pre-order cans of soda in your cruise Personalizer under Beverage Packages ( this does not get the 25% discount mentioned above) or you can bring on a 12- pack of soda at Embarkation.  We have also been able to bring on additional cans when we stop at various ports.

D29FA8B1-AF36-4DC0-B125-4288C0ED7494.thumb.jpeg.56c3e7784f436e68372bf6a9d874cd7c.jpeg

also the 15 drink per day limit is related to alcohol. Any beverages such as soda, juice, small bottles of water,  specialty coffee or teas do not count toward the daily limit. 

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 1

Canned sodas cost too much to be included in the drinks package.  Only 3¢ fountain drinks are included and you don't even want to know how much the alcoholic beverages cost them when they are dispensed from the duty free bar bottles.   But you can bring back soda (and usually beer) cans from port calls.  Most of the time, you can even bring back bottles of wine and liquor to your cabin from port calls if you don't declare then when entering the ship if you aren't blatantly displaying them .  If you don't see the liquor desk at the security checkpoint, you'll probably even be able to bring back liquor in their store bags with the gift wrapping.

9 hours ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

the only soda served in the can is root bear sometimes after pouring a cup they sometims have given me the other half of the can 

The root bear can only be released if there are no plants in the vicinity.

On 10/13/2022 at 11:09 AM, EDDY0827 said:

Not true.

You can bring your own cans of pop on board, carry on yourself or slap a luggage tag on your package of soda. Bottled water on the other hand may be pre-ordered and will be waiting for you in your cabin.

Yes it is true. You can pre-order soft drinks for your room. 

I know the key question here has to do with soda, but I'm curious what the current cost of a beer is onboard. I haven't sailed since Covid and just wondering if the price has gone up. 

Also, on past cruises I have purchased a six pack or two of Pepsi and brought it onboard.