Survey question

tjcox9

Yesterday, I received a survey supposedly from HAL. However, the sender was a person's name so I immediately deleted it as a scam. This morning I get up to another that appears to be from HAL with a note of apology about some people not being able to open the previous one sent. I am still not really comfortable with this. Did anyone else  experience this and if so, did you respond?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, doone said:

I have not received a survey from HAL, did you just return from a cruise perhaps and they are looking for your opinion?

No HAL cruise since February, but do have an upcoming one soon. Just all seems weird.

2 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

Yesterday, I received a survey supposedly from HAL. However, the sender was a person's name so I immediately deleted it as a scam. This morning I get up to another that appears to be from HAL with a note of apology about some people not being able to open the previous one sent. I am still not really comfortable with this. Did anyone else  experience this and if so, did you respond?

Yes, I also received an email from a John Harvey with a link to take a survey. I have not clicked on the link, but curious if it is legit. 

7 minutes ago, AryMay said:

Yes, I also received an email from a John Harvey with a link to take a survey. I have not clicked on the link, but curious if it is legit. 

Same here!  It looked legit, but I'm suspicious!

• Like 2

I took the survey, qualtronics is legit.   There seems to be a glitch where I received two emails, the first in error the second correct.  There were no questions of identity, it is a pretty boring survey so you didn’t miss much

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AryMay said:

I felt honored that my opinion matters...

image.png.7a54fbcbe76a511a0e0468971341e19c.png

But when I opened the survey, this is what I got. Guess I'm not really the "valued guest" that they said I was! 😆

image.png.18ffb8c7f84490d11c3d86c03253b946.png

You should have received a 2nd email with the correct link.

Wow, I thought this was just people in Australia who were receiving these emails. There are warnings online that this particular survey is a scam. I'm always dubious of such things and so I deleted the two emails and blocked the sender. I'm intrigued as to why you think they were genuine, for those of you who completed them.

6 hours ago, Beejay4016 said:

Wow, I thought this was just people in Australia who were receiving these emails. There are warnings online that this particular survey is a scam. I'm always dubious of such things and so I deleted the two emails and blocked the sender. I'm intrigued as to why you think they were genuine, for those of you who completed them.

Qualtronics is a reputable survey host.   They asked no identifying questions.  What possible could be the scam?

15 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Qualtronics is a reputable survey host.   They asked no identifying questions.  What possible could be the scam?

I think it showed up here with the name slightly different, which is often a giveaway. I was a tad dubious because the email started "Dear" with no name, nothing after the "Dear". I know with banks etc. if an email  turns up and they don't have your correct name, that is often a warning. That's why I googled it to see if it was a scam, and there were lots of warnings about it being a phishing scam, so I deleted it. Perhaps it was just some scanners getting in on it and targeting Australians, who knows, but after the recent problems here with cyber attacks etc I simply didn't want to take the risk. I'm glad that it does seem, from all the answers, that it was genuine as it's good for companies to do a bit of market research. Bev

On 10/14/2022 at 5:36 PM, tjcox9 said:

I deleted both. Like you, I was concerned after the safety of opening the survey.

Interesting.

We have not cancelled anything....we do have a b2b cruise booked in November.  And 2 cruises booked in 2023 (that were both previously postponed sailings).

We are 3 star folks.  We don't gamble. We do not go to specialty restaurants or buy internet, coffee or water.....LOL....

Not sure why they sent the survey to me but I'm proud!  LOL. 

On 10/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, Mary229 said:

Not related to HAL but i can't help myself....

Any link you click could initiate a download of malicious software to your computer or mobile device. Cyber criminals could then use that software to lock your device and hold it for ransom, log your keystrokes to gain passwords to your banks, etc. If it's a work computer, your entire company could be put at risk. I'm not saying that this is the case here but I work in IT and see it frequently. My advice to clients is that if you doubt the veracity or the sender, do not click the link no matter what. If it is important, contact the sender via another method (phone) to verify whether the email is real. I did not see this email so I can't comment on whether it was phishing or not but it sure sounds suspicious which would be enough for me to delete/mark as spam immediately. I've seen the horrors of cyber theft firsthand - it can impact individuals up to the largest companies and government institutions. Again, i have no idea if this was phishing or not and am certain HAL would never participate in anything to put you at risk, this very well could have been legitimate. But the criminals are very sneaky and good at what they do so when i see "what could the scam be?" I see all the harm that could come. Anyone who thinks the bad guys have nothing to gain from attacking them is fooling themselves.

[End rant 🙂]

Edited by rgoldstein86
  • Like 1