Question on Disembarkation Time

Greenpea2

I have always cruised out of NYC (lived in NJ) so never had to worry about flights. Now I live in NC and am cruising in February on the Prima. The "latest" departure flight back home from Orlando airport is 11:30 am. If I can get off the ship early, I know that is doable, as I believe it takes about 45 minutes to get from the port to the airport in Orlando. I just don't know when "early disembarkation" is because I never had to do that. I will be in the Haven, if that makes any difference. Can someone tell me the probable earliest time we would be allowed to get off the ship? I realize things can come up, the ship being late, and all that -- just looking to find out the earliest we could leave in a normal scenario. Thanks so much!

4 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I have always cruised out of NYC (lived in NJ) so never had to worry about flights. Now I live in NC and am cruising in February on the Prima. The "latest" departure flight back home from Orlando airport is 11:30 am. If I can get off the ship early, I know that is doable, as I believe it takes about 45 minutes to get from the port to the airport in Orlando. I just don't know when "early disembarkation" is because I never had to do that. I will be in the Haven, if that makes any difference. Can someone tell me the probable earliest time we would be allowed to get off the ship? I realize things can come up, the ship being late, and all that -- just looking to find out the earliest we could leave in a normal scenario. Thanks so much!

Here is the disembarkation schedule for the Prima today. We had a scheduled arrival time in NYC of 7:00 am. We actually docked around 4:30 am. 

image.thumb.png.6ad21ee4df0b0b560ac8979a682d9179.png

Oh this is great! Thanks so much. We are Sapphire so it looks like 8:15. That should work. If we think that's too close I guess we could do the 7:45 self-assist. If we do that I guess we have top decide the night before, yes? Thank you BirdTravels--I feel better. 🙂 

When in the Haven , speak to the concierge, we were able to take the crew elevator as soon as the self assist started to leave. Haven luggage is the first off the ship. If it is your first US port and you need to clear customs , get a porter. For a $10 tip they will by pass  all lines and take you directly to a taxi. 

57 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

When in the Haven , speak to the concierge, we were able to take the crew elevator as soon as the self assist started to leave. Haven luggage is the first off the ship. If it is your first US port and you need to clear customs , get a porter. For a $10 tip they will by pass  all lines and take you directly to a taxi. 

Yes the porter is a good idea--good point. We did that in NY, so will def do that this time too. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Prima Haven does not use the crew elevators...they use their own aft elevators. But once downstairs (at least in NYC), they had their own exit and gangway so we got out very quickly.