Half Moon Cay stops

pixie411

We stopped there last Oct of 2021 for 2 days in a row.  I have no idea about weather though.  I guess because they have to tender to island-- rough seas might make that unsafe, & there are few places to seek refuge if weather is really bad.

Been there 10 times...only one  was close to a cancelation. 

This was hot topic a number of years ago, before they got the island based tenders.  The cancelation rate, usually in December and January, was pushing 20%. Now, with the island based tenders,  it seems to be far less.

1 hour ago, pixie411 said:

Out of the three times we were there we only got to go once, I'm wondering about recent cruises Oct or Sept of this year .... thanks. 

HAL'S first ship just arrived in Florida last week, and left for Africa. So I don't think HAL has visited HMC since the Spring. 

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

HAL'S first ship just arrived in Florida last week, and left for Africa. So I don't think HAL has visited HMC since the Spring. 

True for HAL, but HMC has still been keeping busy.  Carnival ships stop there about 3-4 times per week.

11 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Been there 10 times...only one  was close to a cancelation. 

This was hot topic a number of years ago, before they got the island based tenders.  The cancelation rate, usually in December and January, was pushing 20%. Now, with the island based tenders,  it seems to be far less.

My first visit to HMC was in 2007, and they had the island based tenders then.  EM

Just looked up our cruise record.....

We had HMC as a port call 11 times since 2003.

We were unable to dock once (12/2021, NA, weather).  Our "successful docking" percentage is:  91%

As an aside (or off topic posting)

Ponta Delgado, Azore Islands, Portugal we have a lower docking percentage....We've been scheduled on 3 TA's and we made it only once.  So that "successful docking" percentage is:  33%.  If you want to go there, you should not book when Her Majesty and I are onboard!