EMed testing - how long to wait for proctor?

UPDATE....   Testing finally all done.  Negative too!

Notes...  I don't think the proctors really start work until 7am EST.  I waited 30 minutes, then started over.  

Got a proctor right away at 6:30am...  got all the way through them trying to scan the QR code on the test, and their cameras wouldn't work.   put me on session hold until another proctor could join.  Crickets until their system timed out.

I tried again after 7am EST, an voila! all worked fine.

I will never travel anywhere that requires this testing again.

I thought they were 24/7, didn't realize there are specific hours now.  I wonder if that has happened because testing requirements have been reduced.

hmmm, from the eMed FAQ's:

image.png.26711ec1422f3a150ceb5c1c93d413d9.png

Edited by jk04

Just now, Williamsburgcruiser said:

I believe they are 24/7, but bet staffing has been greatly reduced.

Testing can be 24/7, whether anyone is available is a different story.... very nice

I'm sure staffing has been reduced as testing requirements have dropped quite a bit.  When we tested in  Apr and Jul, we never had to wait more than two minutes at most.   Since they are reachable from anywhere there is a wifi connection, they are 24/7.  In Nov, we were in FL and there was a testing site in the hotel which made it very easy.   So glad we don't have to test for our upcoming Jewel cruise.  

Edited by BND

Never a problem and have done it at all hours and in different countries though in London Saturday after I did my test, dh signed in and during the 15 min wait we seemed to have lost them but they got a supervisor who figured it out and reset the timer to the correct time and all was well.  It was before breakfast London time so 4 or 5 am east coast time.

4 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

We have never had to wait more than a minute.  Just did 7 for Alaska in September and they were right there.  None of the tests took more than 20 minutes, you have to wait 15 to see what the results are.  Sorry you had so much trouble.

Same experience for me. two different occasions.