Booking shows once on board.

thefog

35 minutes ago, thefog said:

You should be able to book online before boarding i believe

That ability has yet to return in the post COVID era. And, no, most shows are unlikely to be fully booked right away.

Edited by Biker19

The Aqua Show was canceled for our entire March cruise so I cannot assess that one and I will admit that getting that reservation will be my focus in on our next Harmony cruise.  We saw the ice show and it was nice but not something I would concern myself with on day 1.  Our favorites are the Jazz Club and the classical guitarist, no reservations needed.  The comedy shows were good, the Men of Grease were just awful and an hour of my life I’ll never get back, Grease is a terrible show I wouldn’t see on land so  won’t at sea.

Edited by poocher

12 hours ago, thefog said:

If you don't get a chance to get on the ship early chances are most shows will be booked up.You should be able to book online before boarding i believe

Not going to happen, they have already said booking on board is now permanent.  There’s a thread somewhere.

• Like 1

We were on the Allure in July and we had to book on board.  You could do this on the app, or get in line where they were doing it in the promenade.  We went to the Diamond Lounge after dinner and the Concierge helped us book the entertainment.  

We will be on the Harmony on April 15, 2023 and it shows under the Entertainment tab that if your ship allows booking entertainment before boarding, to come back closer to the sail date to do it.  It showed Harmony as one of the ships, so I will check this closer to April.  

2 hours ago, 80sGal said:

Where do you go to book?  Guest Services?  A special table?  The venue?  New to RCI with 2 upcoming in 2023.   Still trying to learn all the new rules v. Carnival.  

The preferred method is through the Royal Caribbean app.  (available on the app store and google play).

If you can't or won't do that, there will be a kiosk when you board where they can help you.  They can also help at Guest Services, but the app really is the way to go.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kissimmee family said:

Question: Can you book dining and entertainment your entire cruise all at once?  Any restriction on how many shows you book or if you want to see a certain show twice?

Dining: You can't book 2 reservations within 2 hours of each other, but a 530pm dinner and an 830pm dinner will be okay. I've even succeeded with double stacking a 12pm lunch with a 1:45pm one.

Certain shows can only be seen once per cruise. You can still show up for the second run; as long as there are available seats and it's 15 minutes prior to the curtain, you may be allowed inside.

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2022 at 1:28 AM, Rysyonok said:

Dining: You can't book 2 reservations within 2 hours of each other, but a 530pm dinner and an 830pm dinner will be okay. I've even succeeded with double stacking a 12pm lunch with a 1:45pm one.

Certain shows can only be seen once per cruise. You can still show up for the second run; as long as there are available seats and it's 15 minutes prior to the curtain, you may be allowed inside.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of the comedy shows in particular. On a recent (disappointing) carnival cruise the comedy club was always full and it was a FCFS only option. Not sure how RC does it but do they swap out comedians at each port or is it the same show every night?

4 hours ago, kissimmee family said:

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of the comedy shows in particular. On a recent (disappointing) carnival cruise the comedy club was always full and it was a FCFS only option. Not sure how RC does it but do they swap out comedians at each port or is it the same show every night?

Yes, they do, unless one is on a deadhead sailing (Bermuda). About half the comedy shows are after 10, so they are easy to get. But yes, reservations of those are typically once per sailing per type. A comedian may do a family and an adult version, and those are treated as different: you can book each one if you're fast.

Some comedy shows are done in nightclubs. Those are guaranteed to get packed.

Some, in the main theatre. Those are easier to get to.

On 10/20/2022 at 6:47 AM, Donsyb said:

Not going to happen, they have already said booking on board is now permanent.  There’s a thread somewhere.

That's disappointing - and not necessary at this point.  Silly really. But I guess we'll go with the flow if we want to see the show! 😊